I am livid right now

TP is great for finding reservations but I always seem to miss any BOG reservations. Always gone by the time I get into book. I think it's time to move on.

This same thing happened to me about a month ago! MDE wouldn't accept my password even though it's the same one I use about 5 times a day, every day! I was so upset I was crying!! I had jumped on the Touring Plans text and selected the reservation time in MDE only to discover some type of internal MDE error that wouldn't allow me to log in. I had to reset my password, but of course by then it was too late. Someone else got the reservation I thought I had. SO not fair! I called Disney Dining, and they were completely unhelpful. Just told me to reset my password and try checking back at a later time for the reservation I wanted (BOG dinner). It finally came through last night thanks to Touring Plans!! We leave in 30 days for our trip.

Due to Disney's own warning ............ I would keep an eye on any room and dining reservations you made today to make sure they are still there later.
Will they honor the reservation if we have the email confirmation? I was able to grab BOG for Christmas night for my family of 7. I really hope it doesn't disappear.

This same thing happened to me about a month ago! MDE wouldn't accept my password even though it's the same one I use about 5 times a day, every day! I was so upset I was crying!! I had jumped on the Touring Plans text and selected the reservation time in MDE only to discover some type of internal MDE error that wouldn't allow me to log in. I had to reset my password, but of course by then it was too late. Someone else got the reservation I thought I had. SO not fair! I called Disney Dining, and they were completely unhelpful. Just told me to reset my password and try checking back at a later time for the reservation I wanted (BOG dinner). It finally came through last night thanks to Touring Plans!! We leave in 30 days for our trip.
That's awesome! I'm glad you got your BOG finally!! I thought of calling reservations, glad I didn't bother now. Have a wonderful trip!

TP is great for finding reservations but I always seem to miss any BOG reservations. Always gone by the time I get into book. I think it's time to move on.
They've been coming up but just at weird hours. Keep trying I've read here that many have had success after many tries. I won't give up even though I want to scream sometimes. Good luck!

Will they honor the reservation if we have the email confirmation? I was able to grab BOG for Christmas night for my family of 7. I really hope it doesn't disappear.

I don't know. I was just saying since Disney said you couldn't make ADR reservations today, and some folks were getting them to go through ... it could be a glitch and I would watch/check your MDE tomorrow etc.

I am worrying now about FP+s
Are these this difficult too? (I've not booked those before)

FP is the one thing I've never had a problem getting as long as I booked them at 60 days first thing. I don't do rides like EE or RnR so I have no idea how popular those are at 60 days. I also have no idea how hard FoP will be to acquire at 60 but as far as everything else, I've never had a problem. Just make sure you have an idea of when you want to do the rides and go from there. Remember that you can only book a FP a hour at a time. For ex: if you book one for 10A you can't book the other before 11A. The times cannot overlap.

I am worrying now about FP+s
Are these this difficult too? (I've not booked those before)
Honestly, I have no clue! I haven't done FP yet either. From what I hear, they aren't as bad as ADRs.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, anybody.

Curious as to what they're doing (IT) that this upgrade or update or whatever it is, is taking so long??

I haven't had any trouble yesterday or today. Yesterday, I booked two different resorts, and today I booked a few dining reservations. No issues, really.

"Someone else got the reservation I thought I had. SO not fair!"

Now that so many know about touring plans, even this is becoming luck of the draw.

When your 60/45/30 days out - even day prior - I see lots of availability pop up as people are finalizing dining around their FPs, trips unfortunately get canceled or delayed and some just can't make up their minds until day prior and likely only drop an ADR at that point to save the no show fee.

FP is the one thing I've never had a problem getting as long as I booked them at 60 days first thing. I don't do rides like EE or RnR so I have no idea how popular those are at 60 days. I also have no idea how hard FoP will be to acquire at 60 but as far as everything else, I've never had a problem. Just make sure you have an idea of when you want to do the rides and go from there. Remember that you can only book a FP a hour at a time. For ex: if you book one for 10A you can't book the other before 11A. The times cannot overlap.
I have a chart all set to go! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter