I am getting a tatoo on Saturday

Amen

All my tattoos I got were for me.

The OP is going to get a tattoo, whether now or when they turn 18.

Plus 50 isn't exactly ancient. I hope I still have all the zest for life that I have now in my 20's. If anyone asks about my tattoos when I'm in my 70's, I'll have to remind them that I'm cooler than they are :3dglasses

ITA!:thumbsup2

I don't care what I'll look like when I'm old.
I'm going to be ugly anyways, I'm not so hot now, so at the age of 50 when I've gained weight and have a wrinkled face from both laughing and frowning, there's not point in caring anymore for me.
By the time I'm like 70, I'll either be with a man who doesn't care what I look like because we've been together for so long, I won't be working. I may be staying at home, I may be in a nursing home.
By then, looks are done and over with. What I did in my liftetime is much more important than worrying about my skin wrinkling. Darling, skin doesn't look good no matter what when you're 80.

You are my hero!
I don't think I could've said it better myself.

Grown-up here. I don't make it a point of hanging in this forum, but I noticed the thread title from the DIS main page.

What may seem like a good idea now, will almost definitely seem like a bad one in the future. I got a tattoo on my back in my mid-20s and I've regretted it ever since. Now that I am a dad, I don't like going to the community pool, because my neighbors see it. And we have a gym at work with showers and I am self conscience about co-workers and superiors seeing it. And explaining it to my kids sucks.

You aren't going to listen to me, but you should....don't do it. But if you do get one, make sure it is something that is not visible when you are wearing normal clothes. While you can't imagine it now, someday you will be in a position where you don't want someone to see it.

Oh....and it does hurt.

i agree that you shouldnt get it somewhere that is publically visible (hence why i want one on my back or chest)... cause the people during job interviews do pay attention to that stuff... it can be a factor for your employment... but really, no one else really cares... i doubt co workers will freak out about a tattoo... and im pretty sure superiors wont fire you just because you have one... and i think some old people with tattoos are really cool... the only tattoos that i can see someone regretting is the ones that say crap like "hot mamma" or having the name of a girlfriend... cause you are no longer a "hot mamma" at age 70 and you probably wont be with your old gf anymore haha..

congrats! I would like never get one but I love that idea Caitlin of Once Upon a Time, there some words I live by.

Grown-up here. I don't make it a point of hanging in this forum, but I noticed the thread title from the DIS main page.

What may seem like a good idea now, will almost definitely seem like a bad one in the future. I got a tattoo on my back in my mid-20s and I've regretted it ever since. Now that I am a dad, I don't like going to the community pool, because my neighbors see it. And we have a gym at work with showers and I am self conscience about co-workers and superiors seeing it. And explaining it to my kids sucks.

You aren't going to listen to me, but you should....don't do it. But if you do get one, make sure it is something that is not visible when you are wearing normal clothes. While you can't imagine it now, someday you will be in a position where you don't want someone to see it.

Oh....and it does hurt.

Thank you. Good points!

I don't have any but I'm pretty sure, the more fat/ muscule on the area the less it hurts.

Sonya: I watch this show Wildfire and the main girl on the show has two open stars, one on each wrist. I will probably never get tattoos, just because (no reason) but I love the open star on the wrist look. :thumbsup2

I also hope when I am 70 years old which I consider not to be very old at all to be full of zest. I don't think getting my initial and what I feel is a symbol that I really like is going to grow old whether it be on my body or whereever it maybe. And to be honest about letting others see it. I could care less with what they think of it.

I've got a long list of tattoos I plan to get. i'm going to get a gypsy scene on my left thigh. i'm going to get some ruby slippers and a gold top hat. I'm going to get a sparrow. I'm going to get a couple quotes. I'm going to get a heart. I'm going to get a ton of stuff.

And i'm getting it for me, not for you, not for my mom, not for my dad, not for my boyfriend. I'm getting it because those things are important to me, and they mean things. When I'm 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, etc, they will STILL mean what they meant when the ink went on. just because my skin will wrinkle around them doesn't mean that the meaning behind them will change.

I could care less what I look like when I'm 50 and have a tattoo.
I'll just be one hip granny. xD
I would rather have it look really nice and awesome when I'm young and then just be there when I'm old then not have one at all!
My grandpa is actually 50 and he has his name...yes his name tattooed on his right shoulder. It still looks awesome. :D

you know that you could get skin cancer from having tatoos, at least I think you can???

you know that you could get skin cancer from having tatoos, at least I think you can???

There is no evidence that the tattoos themselves can be the cause of Cancer. What the medical community has said is that people with dark inked tattoos make it very difficult to detect moles that can become Cancerous or change in size or shape.

i agree that you shouldnt get it somewhere that is publically visible (hence why i want one on my back or chest)... cause the people during job interviews do pay attention to that stuff... it can be a factor for your employment... but really, no one else really cares... i doubt co workers will freak out about a tattoo... and im pretty sure superiors wont fire you just because you have one... and i think some old people with tattoos are really cool... the only tattoos that i can see someone regretting is the ones that say crap like "hot mamma" or having the name of a girlfriend... cause you are no longer a "hot mamma" at age 70 and you probably wont be with your old gf anymore haha..

Absolutely!

Just remember that Generation X & Y have brought Tattoos & Professionalism into the workplace. While we've brought them in, we've brought them in quietly, discretely & tastefully (and that's subjective in & of itself).

The best advice you've received in this thread is to put your tattoo somewhere it can be easily hidden when you are dressed for work. While tattoos are becoming more & more accepted, tattoos on the arms are still not viewed upon favorably.

Be smart about your decisions :hippie:

Absolutely!

Just remember that Generation X & Y have brought Tattoos & Professionalism into the workplace. While we've brought them in, we've brought them in quietly, discretely & tastefully (and that's subjective in & of itself).

The best advice you've received in this thread is to put your tattoo somewhere it can be easily hidden when you are dressed for work. While tattoos are becoming more & more accepted, tattoos on the arms are still not viewed upon favorably.

Be smart about your decisions :hippie:

Thank You, I will have my hair to cover it as I wear it down 99.9% of the time so it will not be very visible at all when it most necessarily doesn't have to be.

I don't know about skin cancer, but you can get infected because the ink comes in contact with your blood. (I think?)

I don't know about skin cancer, but you can get infected because the ink comes in contact with your blood. (I think?)

Usually henna, the temporary one, gives infections and can really screw up your life.
This girl, had a horrible allergic reaction to it, and somehow it messed with her, and she couldn't be around other substances. She had wanted to be a hairdresser, but her life dream was gone, because she couldn't work with those substances.

Yes, that could possibly happen if you go to some shady tattoo palor which my parents are not going to allow me to go to. You can also get a serious infection if you are walking down the street and trip and fall and skin your knee and something gets into the cut and blood stream. There are specific instructions that you get about keeping the area clean and taking care of the site.

when i'm older
stars in n a band around the bottom of my left leg
a fairy on the bottom of my back
a butterfly on my right foot
and a star on my back

i plan on getting the smallest ones at 18
and stretch it out till i'm 20 ending with my fairy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter