I am getting a tatoo on Saturday

My Own Little Corner

Sing A Song It'll Make You :)
My parents have finally agreed or may I say cave in on me being able to get a tattoo. I thank my older brother for the final convincing.:goodvibes So I am going to get my initial and some design on the back and base of my neck and I am wondering if anyone has ever gotten a tattoo before and if so what was it of and did it hurt a loy or not? I know that most of use on this TB are under 18 so if you did get one you would have to had your permission from your parents like me. How long did that take to convince them?

There's no laws in my country about age limit on tattoos. They can demand for consent, but they don't HAVE to.
But no, I don't have one.

I'm only 14, but I love tattoos.
I think they are beautiful.
I probably won't be getting one until I move out. My mom probably wouldn't let me. lol.
I would love for my mom to take me to a tattoo shop for my 18th birthday to get one. :goodvibes
My aunt got one on her ankle. And she said it wasn't bad.
But I think it is probably worth the pain. They are awesome.

Congrats on being able to get one! :D

It'll probably hurt a fair amount on the nape of your neck being that there are vertabrae there. It'll take about a month ish to fully heal. Just do what your artist says....lotion, no soap and NO STRATCHING for sure.

haha awesome! im pretty sure its going to hurt.. they do it all through needles haha... your going to have to wrap it up for a while too... but i think tattoos kickass... i plan to get one going down my back or on my chest.. i really want an aztec design there, done in jet black ink... imo, the best tattoos are the plain black ones with line designs... im not really a fan of the tattoos with color

haha awesome! im pretty sure its going to hurt.. they do it all through needles haha... your going to have to wrap it up for a while too... but i think tattoos kickass... i plan to get one going down my back or on my chest.. i really want an aztec design there, done in jet black ink... imo, the best tattoos are the plain black ones with line designs... im not really a fan of the tattoos with color

Oh ,my initials will be stencils and used in black ink for sure. And the design is sort of a Ying/Yang Symbol, but not exactly and may have red and another color in it. But mostly black ink. I just hope I don't cry.

thats awesome!! congrats on convincing your parents!!!!
you gotta tell me how much it hurts!
i'm planning on getting one in the spring for my 19th b-day. my BF's gonna get one too (NO we are NOT going to get each others initials! lol...we're just going together)

i dont think it'll take too much to convince my parents, my dad's got tattoos and he LOVES them.

I want to get one on my wrist in white fancy writing saying "once upon a time" :)

and my BF is gonna get a native lacrosse thinger.

maybe i can convince my daddy to come and get another tattoo with us :)

seriously though! GOOD LUCK! tell me how it goes!

thats awesome!! congrats on convincing your parents!!!!
you gotta tell me how much it hurts!
i'm planning on getting one in the spring for my 19th b-day. my BF's gonna get one too (NO we are NOT going to get each others initials! lol...we're just going together)

i dont think it'll take too much to convince my parents, my dad's got tattoos and he LOVES them.

I want to get one on my wrist in white fancy writing saying "once upon a time" :)

and my BF is gonna get a native lacrosse thinger.

maybe i can convince my daddy to come and get another tattoo with us :)

seriously though! GOOD LUCK! tell me how it goes!

I will be sure to tell everyone all about the experience I have and hopefully have a few pictures as well of the finished art work.

I'm not getting one anytime soon,I'm only 14.

But once I get older,I do plan on getting a couple.
I want an open star on my left wrist,that maybe later on in life I'll fill it in with initials or dates of my children or something special like that.

I haven't really thought about it yet,but I do know that I want to get a tattoo to "commemorate" beating cancer.
I know I'm going to beat this,and I know the struggles I went through to beat it.
Maybe like a cancer awareness ribbon or something.
I actually got the idea from watching an episode of Miami Ink.

Hopefully they won't hurt so bad.
After dealing with cancer and getting needles everywhere,I think I can deal with the pain.

I'm not getting one anytime soon,I'm only 14.

But once I get older,I do plan on getting a couple.
I want an open star on my left wrist,that maybe later on in life I'll fill it in with initials or dates of my children or something special like that.

I haven't really thought about it yet,but I do know that I want to get a tattoo to "commemorate" beating cancer.
I know I'm going to beat this,and I know the struggles I went through to beat it.
Maybe like a cancer awareness ribbon or something.
I actually got the idea from watching an episode of Miami Ink.

Hopefully they won't hurt so bad.
After dealing with cancer and getting needles everywhere,I think I can deal with the pain.

I think that is a totally awsome idea getting a tattoo that commemorates the beating of Cancer for you. And you are right getting a tattoo is nothing compared to what you have gone through.

You know what you are going to be my inspiration when I go into to get my tattoo on Saturday. Up this point I have been really nervous about the whole process of the needles and just when I read your reply I was like what the hell. This girl is beating Cancer and getting needles up and down her body and Chemo and all that other lousy junk. What I am going to take on getting a tattoo is a piece of cake compared t all that. So if you don't mind, I would like to think of you as my inspiration in this whole thing. You are much stronger of a young lady then myself.

Um, why would you want to get a tattoo? Sure it's fun and cool now, but when your eighty years old- well, you'll probably think it just looks silly. Use a Sharpie instead, you can wipe that off whenever you get tired of what you have, and get something new.

Grown-up here. I don't make it a point of hanging in this forum, but I noticed the thread title from the DIS main page.

What may seem like a good idea now, will almost definitely seem like a bad one in the future. I got a tattoo on my back in my mid-20s and I've regretted it ever since. Now that I am a dad, I don't like going to the community pool, because my neighbors see it. And we have a gym at work with showers and I am self conscience about co-workers and superiors seeing it. And explaining it to my kids sucks.

You aren't going to listen to me, but you should....don't do it. But if you do get one, make sure it is something that is not visible when you are wearing normal clothes. While you can't imagine it now, someday you will be in a position where you don't want someone to see it.

Oh....and it does hurt.

I'm contemplating on whether or not I would ever want to get one. It would be fun when I'm 20...but when I'm 50 or 60, am I going to like the tattoo?

EDIT: Rephrased to what I really meant.

Who cares what it looks like when you're 50 or 60?
Why should you worry about what other people think of your tattoo?
Having cancer made me realize life's too short to worry about things.
Carpe Diem!
Seize the Day!

Who cares what it looks like when you're 50 or 60?
Why should you worry about what other people think of your tattoo?
Having cancer made me realize life's too short to worry about things.
Carpe Diem!
Seize the Day!

Amen

All my tattoos I got were for me.

The OP is going to get a tattoo, whether now or when they turn 18.

Plus 50 isn't exactly ancient. I hope I still have all the zest for life that I have now in my 20's. If anyone asks about my tattoos when I'm in my 70's, I'll have to remind them that I'm cooler than they are :3dglasses

I care about what it would look like when I'm old. I wouldn't want a tattoo when I'm really old. And it can't be a spur of the moment tattoo. Alot of people spend money for surgery to get there tattoos away. The costliest laser would take away 95% of the tattoo.

ETA: JMHO. Thats what I think. Its just an opinion.

I don't care what I'll look like when I'm old.
I'm going to be ugly anyways, I'm not so hot now, so at the age of 50 when I've gained weight and have a wrinkled face from both laughing and frowning, there's not point in caring anymore for me.
By the time I'm like 70, I'll either be with a man who doesn't care what I look like because we've been together for so long, I won't be working. I may be staying at home, I may be in a nursing home.
By then, looks are done and over with. What I did in my liftetime is much more important than worrying about my skin wrinkling. Darling, skin doesn't look good no matter what when you're 80.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter