Hyperspace Mountain

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by ronniecosmic, Apr 17, 2017.

1. LaVon

LaVon Mouseketeer

Actually that makes sense.. As far as triggers its the drops I cant really do ( I have noticed some dont bother me as long as they are not steep)

2. Niltiac

Niltiac Mouseketeer

I have trouble with drops too. Space isn't bad, it's mostly twisting and turning. There's a small drop at one point but it's no bigger than the ones on BTMRR or RSR. There are none of those big suspenseful drops you see on big coasters. It could catch you off guard though since you can't see it coming. If you want I can PM you to tell you when it happens so you're ready. I know for me getting over the fear of drops, I have to go on a ride twice because the first time, when I don't know where the drops are, I can't enjoy the rest of the ride because I'm braced for a drop the whole time.

BarbieGal457 likes this.
  3. LaVon

LaVon Mouseketeer

Haha sometimes i feel like a big baby lol i literally didnt wanna ride BTMR but laughed and enjoyed it so much.. I swear i had a perma smile lol

4. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

wowsmom likes this.
  6. ronniecosmic

ronniecosmic Earning My Ears

7. ronniecosmic

ronniecosmic Earning My Ears

8. KristinE33

KristinE33 Earning My Ears

Disney Parks blog announced today that the classic Space Mountain will return on June 1.

lol... guess my computer was slow to update...

9. RJmurphy

RJmurphy Earning My Ears

Ok, we made our plans for 5/16 - 5/20 a year ago. I knew the railroad would be closed but since then they are closing Indiana Jones and the Monorail. It would figure that Space Mountain would be going down. It's my "Law" you know :)

trishadono likes this.
  10. sandgrace

sandgrace DIS Veteran

I'm both happy and sad about this at the same time! I love the classic but Hyperspace Mountain is soooooo cool too! Not a fan of Ghost Galaxy at all though.

11. Xenorye

Xenorye DIS Veteran

Good news everyone! Hyperspace Mountain will be going down May 30-31 only. Confirmed to me on Twitter by DisneylandToday.

RJmurphy and TexasErin like this.
  12. crazycatlady

crazycatlady DIS Veteran

Super bummed that the Hyperspace overlay will not be around for our trip. My kids were really excited to see it.

13. agamble

agamble DIS Veteran

14. Cory's Gal

Cory's Gal <font color=#01DF01>I also haven't met a donut I d

We loved the classic version back in 2013 but were really excited to give Hyperspace a try this August! My son the Star Wars Fanatic will be bummed:(

15. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN Orange Bird is my spirit animal.

Rats! I was looking forward to that. They never do anything fun with SM at WDW. :guilty:

BarbieGal457 likes this.
  16. BarbieGal457

BarbieGal457 DIS Veteran

Ah darn it! I was dying to do Hyperspace Mountain last August but we only had one day at the parks and was unable to. We arrive on June 1st so I guess it's original Space Mountain for me! We are WDW vets and as others have mentioned, we never get fun SM things there it seems.

17. Xenorye

Xenorye DIS Veteran

Well if you've never ridden Space Mountain at Disneyland, you're still in for a treat. From what I understand, it's different (and most I've heard say it's better) than WDW's.

BarbieGal457 likes this.
  18. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN Orange Bird is my spirit animal.

I can't even ride SM at WDW anymore for fear of permanently throwing my back out. :scared:

BarbieGal457 likes this.
  19. BarbieGal457

BarbieGal457 DIS Veteran

I've heard that too, so I am excited still! I've been to DL twice but both were very spur of the moment trips and instead of spending time in line I opted for other things that don't have somewhat comparable versions at WDW. This time though we have 3-4 days so I will gladly hop on in line for it! I've heard fantastic things about the DL SM so it will be a really fun experience I'm sure.

20. mamapenguin

mamapenguin Mouseketeer

Indie?!?! Noooo!!! When is that closing

21. RJmurphy

RJmurphy Earning My Ears

May1- May25th on Indy

mamapenguin likes this.