• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hyperspace Mountain

Ah, makes sense. I think that the newer rides have lower height requirements because wherever possible the vehicle and restraint system are designed to accommodate more rides. But height restrictions aside, many non-riders have a trigger. I have one friend who has no problem with inversions but won't do TOT and another who is fine with TOT but is terrified of any inversion.

I'd describe Space as a spiral. It's like a mini-coaster on top, and then it basically settles into a spiral. Compared to BTMRR and Matternhorn, it's a relatively smooth ride. I'm not sure if it's like this for new riders, but if you look ahead, you can mostly see the track. I think HSM and SMGG sort of distract you from the ride motion, but if you ignore the screens, it's a pretty straight forward ride. Unless your trigger happens to be the dark.
Actually that makes sense.. As far as triggers its the drops I cant really do ( I have noticed some dont bother me as long as they are not steep)

Actually that makes sense.. As far as triggers its the drops I cant really do ( I have noticed some dont bother me as long as they are not steep)
I have trouble with drops too. Space isn't bad, it's mostly twisting and turning. There's a small drop at one point but it's no bigger than the ones on BTMRR or RSR. There are none of those big suspenseful drops you see on big coasters. It could catch you off guard though since you can't see it coming. If you want I can PM you to tell you when it happens so you're ready. I know for me getting over the fear of drops, I have to go on a ride twice because the first time, when I don't know where the drops are, I can't enjoy the rest of the ride because I'm braced for a drop the whole time.

I have trouble with drops too. Space isn't bad, it's mostly twisting and turning. There's a small drop at one point but it's no bigger than the ones on BTMRR or RSR. There are none of those big suspenseful drops you see on big coasters. It could catch you off guard though since you can't see it coming. If you want I can PM you to tell you when it happens so you're ready. I know for me getting over the fear of drops, I have to go on a ride twice because the first time, when I don't know where the drops are, I can't enjoy the rest of the ride because I'm braced for a drop the whole time.
Haha sometimes i feel like a big baby lol i literally didnt wanna ride BTMR but laughed and enjoyed it so much.. I swear i had a perma smile lol

Disney Parks blog announced today that the classic Space Mountain will return on June 1.

lol... guess my computer was slow to update...

Ok, we made our plans for 5/16 - 5/20 a year ago. I knew the railroad would be closed but since then they are closing Indiana Jones and the Monorail. It would figure that Space Mountain would be going down. It's my "Law" you know :)

I'm both happy and sad about this at the same time! I love the classic but Hyperspace Mountain is soooooo cool too! Not a fan of Ghost Galaxy at all though.

Ok, we made our plans for 5/16 - 5/20 a year ago. I knew the railroad would be closed but since then they are closing Indiana Jones and the Monorail. It would figure that Space Mountain would be going down. It's my "Law" you know :)
Good news everyone! Hyperspace Mountain will be going down May 30-31 only. Confirmed to me on Twitter by DisneylandToday.

Super bummed that the Hyperspace overlay will not be around for our trip. My kids were really excited to see it.

We loved the classic version back in 2013 but were really excited to give Hyperspace a try this August! My son the Star Wars Fanatic will be bummed:(

Ah darn it! I was dying to do Hyperspace Mountain last August but we only had one day at the parks and was unable to. We arrive on June 1st so I guess it's original Space Mountain for me! We are WDW vets and as others have mentioned, we never get fun SM things there it seems.

Ah darn it! I was dying to do Hyperspace Mountain last August but we only had one day at the parks and was unable to. We arrive on June 1st so I guess it's original Space Mountain for me! We are WDW vets and as others have mentioned, we never get fun SM things there it seems.
Well if you've never ridden Space Mountain at Disneyland, you're still in for a treat. From what I understand, it's different (and most I've heard say it's better) than WDW's.

Well if you've never ridden Space Mountain at Disneyland, you're still in for a treat. From what I understand, it's different (and most I've heard say it's better) than WDW's.

I've heard that too, so I am excited still! I've been to DL twice but both were very spur of the moment trips and instead of spending time in line I opted for other things that don't have somewhat comparable versions at WDW. This time though we have 3-4 days so I will gladly hop on in line for it! I've heard fantastic things about the DL SM so it will be a really fun experience I'm sure.

Indie?!?! Noooo!!! When is that closing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter