Hyperspace Mountain Returning 5/1-6/4

Yay !
Happy to hear its official, our family will be there May 3rd - May 7th.
Looking forward to it.

Does anyone know how long it takes to change it back to regular space mtn? We go our first day June 4, then our 2nd park day is the 6th. Will it be back open by June 6th? Thanks!

Does anyone know how long it takes to change it back to regular space mtn? We go our first day June 4, then our 2nd park day is the 6th. Will it be back open by June 6th? Thanks!

It can be changed very quickly as it is really just a different projection and sound package. I would expect little down time.

It's usually about a day, at least in my memory. So you might be in luck for the 6th. It's a very quick turnaround.

Scott Gustin also posted that they're "testing" Single Rider line at Space Mountain today, so keeping my fingers crossed that it comes back as well.

I just hope they found a new spot for the single rider line. We have a wheelchair and encountered so many nasty people trying to get down the hallway that the single riders waited in. We had people refuse to move out of the way or stand up to let a wheelchair past or say that we were skipping line (oh we wait, trust me, we wait). If it is anything like last time, I will be sending another email to complain about it. And I am one who will use a single rider line when solo, but that spot was just impossible for parties with someone in a wheelchair.

I feel silly for asking, but what exactly is Hyperspace mountain? I assume it's something to do with Star Wars. Do they change the music, or is it more than that? We'll be there during those days and I'm sure my kids will want to check it out!

I feel silly for asking, but what exactly is Hyperspace mountain? I assume it's something to do with Star Wars. Do they change the music, or is it more than that? We'll be there during those days and I'm sure my kids will want to check it out!
It a Star Wars overlay. They add lasers and projections and the music is different. We really like it!

It's usually about a day, at least in my memory. So you might be in luck for the 6th. It's a very quick turnaround.
The ride doesn’t close for removal, that usually happens overnight. It will typically be close for one day prior to the changeover. All of the effects are permanently installed in the ride. It’s just a matter of turning them on and making sure that the programming works.

I'm probably in the minority here but i'm kind of sad for the overlay, I am a huge Star wars fan but I really Love the space mountain music.

I love both, but even if you don't, at least it usually only lasts about a month.

Unlike Haunted Mansion Holiday... which lasts forever and ever and ever and ever. (Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but it's definitely too long for me, and it was even longer this year because they didn't want to close it until after MMRR was open.)

I'm probably in the minority here but i'm kind of sad for the overlay, I am a huge Star wars fan but I really Love the space mountain music.
Same. Well, except for the huge Star Wars fan part. I can take of leave Star Wars. We're venturing west for the first time, and I'm actually not really happy that this is happening during our trip. Coupled with the refurb of Matterhorn for an undisclosed amount of time, I'm sorely disappointed.

Same. Well, except for the huge Star Wars fan part. I can take of leave Star Wars. We're venturing west for the first time, and I'm actually not really happy that this is happening during our trip. Coupled with the refurb of Matterhorn for an undisclosed amount of time, I'm sorely disappointed.
I’m super mad about the Matterhorn refurb. Again. It was down for months starting in August 2022. Our passes are blocked out for two months starting mid June and we’re moving out of California, so I’m really bummed. We’ve been going every Sunday and riding multiple times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter