Steven's Figurines

Earning My Ears
My grandmother passed away and was a huge collector of Disney for the past 45 years. I have been tasked with selling it and would love any advice I can get. I have around 600 boxes filled with Disney, Precious Moments, Coke collectables, and more.

Separate them by collectibles type.
See if you can find a forum or website that identifies these collectibles by name
Check ebay sold for what the item has sold for.

If the item is heavy and cheap (less than $100), look at selling at Mercari and choosing Fed Ex or UPS as the shipper ($100 is the max insurance / declared value coverage that they will cover, but they ship all over for a fairly good price). Frankly, if the item weighs more than one pound, it's good to look at Mercari and choose Fed Ex or UPS.

See if there is a local place you can consign the items too (assuming they have high traffic)....

If you're looking to get the most for your money and don't mind selling individually and dealing with the hassle, eBay is ok. Otherwise, I would check out local places (Offer Up, Craigslist, etc.) that you can meet the person at a local place and accept cash

Separate them by collectibles type.
See if you can find a forum or website that identifies these collectibles by name
Check ebay sold for what the item has sold for.

If the item is heavy and cheap (less than $100), look at selling at Mercari and choosing Fed Ex or UPS as the shipper ($100 is the max insurance / declared value coverage that they will cover, but they ship all over for a fairly good price). Frankly, if the item weighs more than one pound, it's good to look at Mercari and choose Fed Ex or UPS.

See if there is a local place you can consign the items too (assuming they have high traffic)....

If you're looking to get the most for your money and don't mind selling individually and dealing with the hassle, eBay is ok. Otherwise, I would check out local places (Offer Up, Craigslist, etc.) that you can meet the person at a local place and accept cash
Thank you for the advice, luckily nearly every is still in it's original box and most of the time it wasn't even opened. I'll see if I can find someone local to consign as that would probably be easiest while still retaining most of the value. I'll check out Mercari as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!