• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HS Rise of Resistance movíng to standby on September 23!

Once IAS starts, we're going to see some horrible wait times. :(
I think it will depend on how many they allow total for guests to use LL plus how they will balance LL with SB.

Also as is the normal advice what a ride opens up at the beginning of whatever (new ride, new procedure, etc) isn't to be taken as the be it all. It's like when a new restaurant first opens up (like Space 220) and you get all the hype involved it eventually calms down. So what the first few days, weeks or even months are doesn't necessarily mean it's a consequence of whatever. I think with this we'll have to see how it all shakes up. Could be sustained long waits (and to me that depends on the ratio of LL to SB as a main part) or could even out more quickly.

I think it's hard IMO to compare what rides of the past did like FOP because they opened with the old system and pre-covid. That said you could be entirely right and it will be awful. The only thing I disliked about the virtual queue (even having never used it before) was the worry over being shut out on the basis of not being fast enough on my phone.

Standby is free. IAS for ROTR will cost $10-$24 per person, with most guesses being $24.

What do you think the ratio will be?
Honestly I don't know but it's a good question. It's something we're really watching because we're really hoping for more of a balance. I *think* it was around 80% FP to 20% SB as far as what they seem to be using (I might be wrong but I feel like that's what I remember seeing time and time again).

All bets are kinda off with a paid system such that Disney is using. I believe the hope is there will be enough of a limit that you won't have as much flood gates as you did before. I don't know how much of Disney's strategy will be on keeping their "low wait" because they sure got people really used to that with FP. People tend to make comparisons with Universal's system of Express Pass but I believe EP is quoted as being about half the standby line.

At some point, all this "Bob Chapek" stuff has to stop doesn't it. People around here think he is the same guy that didn't bring towels to the room, didn't warm the pools from 72 to 74 degrees, didn't sweep the floor of California Grill under the table before they were seated, etc. etc. etc.

I mean, that guy runs a multi billion company. He does not have input in the day to day operations of WDW. He has PEOPLE that do that.

Yes, he signs off on stuff just like most of us check the bottom box on the MDE before we hit approve, but good god people, he has bigger worries. pirate:

Not picking on you at all OP by quoting on you, I could of picked a million quotes just like it.

“I like this post”

Bob Chapek - probably

There is still almost no availability for the time we’re going (November 5-15). I’m interested to see if that changes when we hit the 30 day mark. I’m worried that it’s going to be very crowded and wish we’d been able to go now instead, but we’ll make the best of it.
November is when international travelers can start coming in, so I’m not holding out hope that those hotel rooms are going to open at the 30-day mark. We are also going during your travel time frame, and after seven wonderful and productive trips, I’m getting very nervous for this one.

I am going mid-October and since I booked (early summer) through a few weeks ago, there was virtually zero availability at any hotels. Then suddenly almost every resort is available during our week so I think things will open up. There were some theories on the resort board that Disney is holding back then releasing inventory…which to the poster above who said rooms she canceled got snatched up right away…maybe not…maybe they aren’t releasing cancellations right away?? Who knows…maybe staffing issues etc?

This was also my experience. Early summer I booked Mid October and could only find one single weekend with one single value resort. Then a few weeks later every resort opened then sold out again a few days later, and that continued to happen in the following weeks. Fast forward, I found a great deal on a DVC with Savannah view that didn't cover the weekends (Sunday through Friday at $10pp) so just recently changed again, and there were no pop century hotels at all for that second weekend. Then two nights later (and 2 nights ago) I checked and they had them again and I booked it (hopefully can find a better last minute DVC to replace it), then over the next day it said "645 sold in the last 24 hours" for that same weekend. Today, it shows 572 sold...so assuming those sales numbers are not total hogwash, then theoretically it could be mass cancellations, but I believe they are just staggering out reservations for some reason-perhaps an artificial shortage, or perhaps to match some predetermined expansion schedule? Maybe even as simple as staffing and waiting to increase capacity until they have the actual staff on hand and trained.

For whatever reason, rolling availability increases seems to be the best explanation to me. Either way, it does not bode well for the stand by lines in October!

I'm not able to book ANY resorts for diff mid week dates from late Oct-Early Dec. Not one resort, for any night I try. Been like this for weeks.

I'm not able to book ANY resorts for diff mid week dates from late Oct-Early Dec. Not one resort, for any night I try. Been like this for weeks.

Do you have a large group or are looking for a specific resort? If not something must be wrong with your browser or such. I would suggest going incognito and retrying. I just ran the search and I see every single week Monday-Friday has availability for a family of four at more resorts than can fit on a single screen without scrolling down. They even had value resorts every single week, as low as 113 dollars a night, pop century at 179 and some moderates in the low 200. Several deluxe available for not outrageous prices but I didn't want to assume anyone is actually paying those rates. The only week I see that looks limited is the last week of November, but when I changed it to Monday-Thursday there were a plethora of options then as well. Not sure about weekends but mid weeks should have many options.

Strange, for 10/2 - 10/8 there is lots of availability even at Value resorts.

Same for 10/9 - 10/15 - Pop and AoA are both available.

Same for 10/16 - 10/22 - Pop and AoA.

So maybe Disney are giving preference to people making a stay for 7 days or more?

what happens to the people in line when it closes?
I would assume same as any other ride you're given the choice to stay in it or leave. Unless that has changed. I think only if it will be closed/they think it will be closed for the remainder of the day do they force all to leave but if someone knows differently correct me please.

I would assume same as any other ride you're given the choice to stay in it or leave. Unless that has changed. I think only if it will be closed/they think it will be closed for the remainder of the day do they force all to leave but if someone knows differently correct me please.
The latter part is definitely correct, apparently they gave out recovery FPs to people in line when it was shut down last night.

The ride is back up now.

Nope, checking 10/11-10/12, 10/24-10/25, 11/29-11/30 today and nada.
I see, according to the rep I spoke with Disney has currently deactivated single night stays. Add a second night to those and you will get some results. I needed to add on one night and couldn’t do it. However I was able to take my multi night reservation and since it ran into my akl reservation they were able to modify it back for a single night but we’re unable to book a single night.

Ps: I pointed out to the agent that the website clearly showed a minimum of one night, and she “agreed” that if the option became available to check out that would be fine, but as of now there are no options for one.

Last edited:
I don't know which way i dislike more, the fact that we don't have that virtual queu or that we now have SB for that ride??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter