HRH threatened to throw us out

As much as I love these boards and have benefited greatly, my biggest pet peeve about them is the knee jerk, "the sky is falling" reaction people get when someone offers a negative opinion or experience.

This is especially true on the restaurant board.

"My goodness, he didn't like his spaghetti. Good Lord, I'll never, ever eat there!!

While I somewhat sympathize with the original poster, let's put this in perspective. He never had to leave his room!!! The hotel apologized profusely !! They are willing to go the extra mile if he comes again, which I'm sure they will.

People who've been to 1 or more of the Universal hotels have said on this and other threads what a grat time they had. But people who've NEVER been to Universal are now "scared to death" about upcoming reservations because of this one particular thread.

To each his own, but despite this thread, I'll stay at Universal before I'd ever set foot in a Motel 6.

Originally posted by robvia
And then I expect the room and hotel to be on the level of the Hojo down the street.

As unpleasant as my experience was, this is not something you need to worry about. The hotel facilities are very nice. I haven't posted a review of the hotel, except for our problem, and the atmosphere really isn't to my taste, but the grounds were beautiful and the room was very comfortable.

The same type thing has happened to me also. One time I was staying at the Omni Hotel @ CNN Center (Atlanta, Georgia) and at 3 o'clock in the morning the fire alarm went off and everyone had to get out of the building. This is a very large building and I had to walk down 23 things of stairs but - Again, I delt with it.

I knew this had to be alot of kids or something but, I wasn't mad. We all just delt with it, and the next morning we found that we had something under our door - It was a card for a free breakfast (up to $75) which was nice just for the fire "drill"

Next time I go to atlanta, I'm going to stay there

August2003-3.jpg

i had a bad situation last year and sent an email to hrh management.
i felt the response i received wasn't valid and sent another email.

received an email then a phone call from lou carrier. he 's a super guy and went out of his way to help. he understood and believed the problems encountered on my june trip and helped set up my oct trip stay at hrh.

he upgraded me to club and sent extra gifts up to my room.
he was most sincere and guaranteed i would not have anymore problems or incidents at hrh. he made our last stay at hrh awesome for us. we adore hrh and not interested in the other 2 resorts. we know if there is a problem, it can be handled promptly and to our satisfaction.
whenever i have had a problem at a disney resort, very little was done to correct the situation. just the opposite here.

give hrh another chance, the atmosphere is super. most of the staff also.

raven

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter