HRH threatened to throw us out

I would take Mr. Carrier up on his offer. From my experiences these guys don't mess around and will take care of you on your next stay. I had two bad stays in a row at PBH and a front desk manager called me to apologize and said the same thing pretty much about taking care of me on my next trip. My next time at PBH I booked a deluxe room and was given a villa parlor at no cost. What an amazing suite this was. Three balconies overlooking the bay. This was the work of a front desk manager. Imagine what the GM of HRH can do!

Originally posted by Synonymous
Well, I received a response, posted below. I'm less than impressed.

Mr. Smith,

Thank you for your detailed follow up regarding your stay at Hard Rock
Hotel. We have, in fact, received this from the website operator where
you'd initially sent it to and now in response to our email.

My apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I assure you that
this is atypical of the service which we provide, and typical response
toward resolutions of issues.

In researching, over the past couple of days, it appears that the initial
confusion stemmed from us having two guests with the name of Thomas Smith
in house over the same dates. Again, our response, recovery and attitude
presented is not acceptable and corrective actions have been taken with the
individuals involved.

Should you reconsider staying with us at hard Rock Hotel, or if you will be
visiting our sister properties-- Portofino Bay Hotel or Royal Pacific
Resort, please use me as a personal contact so that I may handle
arrangements and ensure the finest accommodations.

We do appreciate your business and candor, and again I offer my apologies
to you and your family.

Best Regards,

Lou Carrier

What kind of response are you hoping for? It sounds very fair to me. They have disciplined the person involved and offered you compensation.

Have to agree w/Damo. When I let them know that we didn't have such a great stay at the PBH, I got basically the same letter with a certificate offering me a free night in a Bay View room at the PBH that I can use for a year. Would have rather used the hotel manager to book my trip for the RPR in October!

I stayed at the HRH when they just opened.I got to my room to find the beds looked like someone was doing the wild thing.It was stained and hairs on everything.It had a big brown spot in the rug fron a dog or person.They changed my eoom and it was now a garden room from my pool view.Back down stairs I go and get another room.You would think they would go with me to the room to check it out.I opened the door and my view was a wall and a tree.I was very unhappy and I was mad as hell.My wife held me back because I would have caused a scene so bad they would have had to arrest me at this point.When I retured home I wrote to the hotel and they comped me 2 nights stay for my problems.They gave me turn down service,night time fruit and wine/cheese platters plus other extras.Let them know how they treated you and your family.
tiggerguy2000::yes::

Originally posted by damo
What kind of response are you hoping for? It sounds very fair to me. They have disciplined the person involved and offered you compensation.

I wasn't "hoping" for anything. I didn't write to them, or post here, to try to get anything. Nevertheless, I don't see any offer of compensation. Just a vague statement that I should contact him if we ever come back. Maybe he'll do something for us, maybe he won't. Maybe he won't even be there anymore. Nothing has happened to change my opinion of the hotel.

Anyway, it will be quite a while before we return, so it doesn't matter much. I'll save the e-mail, just in case.

Synonymous - I'm glad that you held your ground and stayed in the room until you talked to someone who could resolve the situation for you - what a horrible way to start a vacation !! I'm also thankful that you followed through when you returned home so that management is aware and can make changes (saving others from an encounter like that) !!

We had a wonderful stay at HRH (not to doubt or detract from anyone else's difficulties) - we had a large group, 5 rooms, 3 club, 2 GV, and everyone was impressed with the staff at all levels that we encountered over a long holiday weekend. They even came up to us in the lobby and offered us transportation to our dinner at PBH when we realized that we would be late for our reservation because we didn't realize that the boats didn't run directly from HRH to PBH (they just overheard our dilemma and tried to help us out!).

I have heard stories of bad service, like those posted here, from every hotel (and certainly from some WDW hotels) - any hotel can have an employee who handles a situation badly - I hope you will give HRH another try and take Mr. Carrier up on his offer - we can't wait for our return stay next January !

Well, if we go back to Universal we will try PBH. I can't see any reason to try HRH again when there are other options there. Honestly, we didn't like the atmosphere there very much, even without the problem we had.

I had a problem at HRH last August, and contacted Lou Carrier. I got a similar response.

When we went last month, I contacted him....we were upgrade to a kids suite on the club level w/o additional charge. We also got a nice setup of appetizers sent to our room w/a note from him upon arrival....

Take him up on the offer...he's a great guy,

Sorry to hear about your problems at the HRH. We stayed there in April and we absolutely loved it! We found all the staff overly friendly and professional. And the pool staff were all so nice to my son. Sure there are times someone will have problems....that happens at all hotels. I agree with a few of the other posters here that sounds like they did everything they could to rectify the problem. One thing I always do is never complain over the phone. I always make a point to go to the front desk in person. You wouldn't believe how much better the repsonse is. I think the manager who personally walked up to your room, gave you free breakfast was probably enough for the amound of "suffering" you did. And the GM replying back to you is more than most places would probably do.

The only rudeness I saw at the HRH were from some of the hotel guests. One guy demanded his luggage be brought up to his room immediately. The concierge was very calm and explained it would be about 10 minutes since there were others in front of him. He kept complaining and yelling (obviously, he had money and was used to getting what he wants). I applaud the staff for staying calm (I was ready to tell this guy what I thought of him) and they remained very professional. When it was my turn I just said something about the guy and rolled my eyes. I calmly told him 10-15 minutes for my luggage would be just fine!! He smiled and I could tell he was thankful that I was an appreciative guest.

When I go on vacation, I expect problems, and if they don't happen, then great. But if they do, I just go with it. Being nice, but firm, will get you alot farther than getting angry.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Synonymous
I wasn't "hoping" for anything. I didn't write to them, or post here, to try to get anything. Nevertheless, I don't see any offer of compensation. Just a vague statement that I should contact him if we ever come back. Maybe he'll do something for us, maybe he won't. Maybe he won't even be there anymore. Nothing has happened to change my opinion of the hotel.

Anyway, it will be quite a while before we return, so it doesn't matter much. I'll save the e-mail, just in case.

In 2 other hotels I was assigned a room in which another guest was already assigned the room. In one case I got a complimentary room upgrade and in the other case a gift basket (beer, wine, soda, pretzels and some fruit)

The hotel made a mistake, I agree they should have moved the people who hadn't unpacked yet but I can understand the confusion if you both had the same name. The person on the phone had no way of knowing which of you were the first family assigned to the room.

Not sure what you want. Basically they said if you come back they'll do something for you. If the hotel isn't sold out you'll probably get a free upgrade if not something else. Did you want an employee fired?

You really should keep the deadbolt locked when you're in the room. It could have just as easily have been the maid knocking on the door and walking in when you were in the shower.

Not sure what you want.

Like I said, I don't "want" anything. I let the hotel know I was unhappy. I shared my experience with this board. And I commented that the response from the hotel didn't do anything to change my mind about my experience there. That's it. I'm not trying to "score" anything. I don't plan to go back to the HRH, despite the hint at a possible upgrade in the future. Sorry if some people don't agree with me.

That's clear.

However, you never were evicted from your room, and it appears higher management responded as best they could.

Having stayed at all 3 Universal hotels, with no negative experiences whatsoever, I would respectfully suggest you try not to condemn an entire property over the unprofessional attitude and behavior of one or two employees.

Give them another try, especially since you liked the parks, etc.

If you're apprehensive, go over to Portofino, which is the best of the 3 Universal hotels in my opinion.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I don't see why I should give them another try when there are so many other hotels to try. If we decide to go to Universal again, we'll stay at Portofino. I'm glad some people have had good experiences at HRH, but I don't see any reason why I should give them a chance to burn me twice.

I agree with you that with so many hotels why try a hotel again that you didn't like. We didn't like the CBR so we never went there again. We went back to Disney just at a different hotel. You spend so much money why take a chance. Every hotel has people who love it and people who don't. I am hoping we love the HRH. My DS can't wait to go there.

Maybe I wasn't clear.
When I suggested a few posts ago to try again, I meant try Universal.
Since you had a bad time at HRH, I can understand not wanting to go back there.

But the other two Universal hotels are very nice.

Wherever you end up staying, good luck!

Originally posted by earthless
Geez - I am scared for our check-in next week at the RPH. :(
You can say that again, but you're at the RPH, not HRH.
It's kinda funny, because two weeks ago I was at Breakers Express at Cedar Point and everything was perfect. Just after July 4th we're going to Hershey Park, and I have no worries staying at Hershey Lodge. Next week, I travel up to my first visit at the HRH, paying $174 a night, and to be honest, I'm wondering if our reservation will still be there. And then I expect the room and hotel to be on the level of the Hojo down the street. Pathetic when you think about it. I'm not getting excited about the trip, instead, I'm thinking about all the hassles that might come up.

I betcha that if we had a message board for the Cedar Point hotels and Hershey hotels, there would be just as many unsatisfactory comments. Ignorance is bliss. It's too bad that reading this board has ruined your anticipation of staying at HRH. I have always had great experiences in my many, many stays, just as I had a great stay at the Breakers and at the Springhill Suites in Hershey-couldn't get into the Hershey Hotels- (although both were much more expensive than any of my stays at USF).

Listen, I'm scared that something might be wrong with my reservation too but you just have to get over that people had problems. I mean, EVERY hotel has problems EVERYDAY and they deal with them, and the problems that HRH has people post on the message boards - I've had a bad time at many hotels, but I still came back because I'm not going to judge the WHOLE hotel on one problem. I mean, the world isn't perfect - Give HRH another change, and stop freaking out that your reservation "might not be there" - If you doubt it, contact the hotel, 1.800.24.LOEWS.

I'm not trying to be mean, but now everyone is acting scared because a few people out of the 1000's of guests that stay there each month. It will be alright, and if it isn't the management will fix it - Thats what they are there for.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter