HRH Rocks :[Day 1] Check-in and Sunset Grille

Gator Kate

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Players:
Kathy: (Aka Gator Kate) 47 years young
Robin : my sis, 42
Nancy: my best friend since 7th grade! 47 also

This was a girls only 3 day trip, 2/18-21. We arrived at HRH around 1:00. The hotel and grounds are lovely, lots of palms and art deco furnishings
abound. I loved all the blown glass vases and light fixtures. A very Californiaesque feel. The room wasn't ready as they were busy that whole weekend with President's Day. The bellmen were helpful and stored our bags. We poked around the hotel, then ate lunch at Sunset Grille. This restaurant was fabulous. The staff was the friendliest and most efficient of any we encountered at the hotel our entire stay. It's true that the chef also worked at Artist's Pointe(Wilderness Lodge,WDW) and California Grill(Contemporary, WDW). The emphasis is on healthful, gourmet cuisine. Lots of choices for vegetarians like me. That day I had a field greens
salad, very light and fresh. I would suggest dressing on the side as they drowned my poor greens a bit. The best part of that meal was the bread basket. Three kinds, my favorite was a multi-grain. They bring you a dish of olive oil and pesto to dip it in that was beyond delicious.
The only disappointment was the mushroom soup. It was too thick and bland. We went on to have other great food there, more later. My sis and friend claimed the Margaritas were excellent as well. I'm a Corona girl myself. We were able to get into our
room around 3:30. We were on the club level with a standard room that overlooked the front of the hotel. I found the decor to be pleasant but somewhat stark for my taste. Need to pause here,
but promise to continue soon.

Regards,
Kate

[This message was edited by Gator Kate on 03-06-01 at 08:10 PM.]

[This message was edited by Gator Kate on 03-07-01 at 08:08 AM.]

Kate, Thank you for the initial report!
The Sunset Grille seems to be getting great reviews from just about everyone. I am glad you enjoyed it also. Did you have to wait long to be seated at dinner? Do you recommend ressies?

Several guests have commnented about the rooms being stark at HRH. That ussually means I will love them!
Thanks for remembering us!

Valarie

scoob.gif

Hi Valarie,
We had 2 lunches and a late night dessert there but no dinners. I can tell you it was never full at lunch and lots of open tables when we were there for dessert. Don't think ressies are necessary. Then again we were there Sun.-Wed. and weekends may differ. Enjoy!

Regards,
Kate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!