How Would These Guidelines Impact Disney Cruise Line

I believe that if Disney employees in WDW will have to wear face masks in Florida, they will adopt the same rules for Disneyland and for the Cruiselines, even if California or CDC will tell them otherwise. It's better to draw one line as a company, and go with the state that has the strictest rules.

I believe that if Disney employees in WDW will have to wear face masks in Florida, they will adopt the same rules for Disneyland and for the Cruiselines, even if California or CDC will tell them otherwise. It's better to draw one line as a company, and go with the state that has the strictest rules.
Current reports suggest DLR won't reopen this summer. Newsom ain't playing.

because a cruise ship is basically a floating hotel and these are guidelines for a land based hotel. House keeping on a cruise ship is not that different from housekeeping in a hotel, same industry, just different location. , one on land, one on sea. Disney Cruise Line will be very interested in these measures as a lot of them apply to staterooms on a cruise ship
I think what people are getting at is that the ships don’t fly under the American flag, so they can do what they want unless they have to go by any Bahamian laws that are passed for the ships. It doesn’t matter if it’s a hotel or not. If it’s not an American hotel, the rules don’t matter.

I think what people are getting at is that the ships don’t fly under the American flag, so they can do what they want unless they have to go by any Bahamian laws that are passed for the ships. It doesn’t matter if it’s a hotel or not. If it’s not an American hotel, the rules don’t matter.
No, but there is something like how a company is viewed. If the entire state where the cruiseline mainly sails from says 'all employees wear masks', then DCL would seem careless and dangerous if it didn't.
How many of the people booking a cruise know the specifics under which flag it sails? To most people: Disney is Disney and Disney is American.

Disney decided to close down Disneyland, Disney World and the Cruiseline, mid March, before Florida said 'mass gatherings, let's not do that for a while' and before the first Covid case had even reached the Bahamas. A company like Disney has to show its responsibility regardless of the official rules, because image is a frail thing.

I didnt mention coffee pots. I’m not sure what coffee pots have to do with daily maid service.

The post you quoted and responded to did. Also you really don’t see how things in a room that require cleaning in a hotel room have to do with daily hotel maid service??

I spend very little time in my stateroom. It’s a place to shower and sleep and thats about it. I think most cruisers would agree with me.

I think the comment was comparing time spent in room on DCL vs time spent in parks perhaps. In that situation we do spend more time in the room on a sailing. One of the best things about the cruise for us is relaxing, so for us more time in the rooms in very nice.

The post you quoted and responded to did. Also you really don’t see how things in a room that require cleaning in a hotel room have to do with daily hotel maid service??
I don’t think these policies will apply to cruise ships. Cruise ships don’t have coffee pots. It’s not even worth debating.

Towel animals are folded in the room, and I think some can take up to a few minutes to create. Hanging up new towels in the bathroom takes less than a minute.

The less time the host has to spend in your stateroom the better for all.

I thought the problem was in the attendant touching said towel....but even the time spent making the towel to me would be insignificant.

MJ

I assume social distancing will still be in effect in places even as they reopen. It makes me wonder how DCL would handle characters. It's going to be tough to social distance the little ones from Mickey. They want to run up and give him a hug! It's going to be hard to explain that we can't touch Mickey. :sad1:

I assume social distancing will still be in effect in places even as they reopen. It makes me wonder how DCL would handle characters. It's going to be tough to social distance the little ones from Mickey. They want to run up and give him a hug! It's going to be hard to explain that we can't touch Mickey. :sad1:
Or get a hug from the Princesses. A family photo with a character could take up a lot of space with social distancing. DCL better come up with a good plan or they may scare away new cruisers.

Or get a hug from the Princesses. A family photo with a character could take up a lot of space with social distancing. DCL better come up with a good plan or they may scare away new cruisers.

Agreed. There's also the potential to scare away repeat cruisers. Without the character interactions we're all used to, a lot of people might not be willing to pay DCL prices.

I don't see how masks would ever work in the dining room for the serving team unless they were the kind that had a clear front. I often need to read the lips of my servers as well as hear them. Some have very heavy accents and it helps me to also read their lips

Most of my hearing is gone. I read lips. Masks have been hell. My doctors office cant even get the clear masks in, you would think they'd have a better chance. I doubt we will see the clear masks except in places that have to commonly deal with deafies or HOH.

Most of my hearing is gone. I read lips. Masks have been hell. My doctors office cant even get the clear masks in, you would think they'd have a better chance. I doubt we will see the clear masks except in places that have to commonly deal with deafies or HOH.

I have allergies, and often my ears have fluid in them making me think I'm speaking loudly when I'm not. No one can hear me with my mask on, which I was finding annoying, but I didn't even think of from the other way around. How awful and frustrating being in your situation! And I imagine that the people you're interacting with don't understand the problem. So many issues to consider with all the changes that have happened.

I have allergies, and often my ears have fluid in them making me think I'm speaking loudly when I'm not. No one can hear me with my mask on, which I was finding annoying, but I didn't even think of from the other way around. How awful and frustrating being in your situation! And I imagine that the people you're interacting with don't understand the problem. So many issues to consider with all the changes that have happened.

I'm good enough at "covering" by lipreading and my speach isnt too impaired so most people dont realize I have an issue until we are in a situation that makes it impossible for me to see whats being said. So Im pretty good at advocating on behalf of myself because I know most people will not realize I am deaf. But, I have to realize that people are actually talking to me. So many people have thought that I was just rude and ignoring them until they realized (or were told) that I have an issue.

Right away I have just been telling masked people that I am mostly deaf and get by with lipreading. Some have responded positively and some seem to not do much of anything to raise their voices or use hand signals. It makes going out, already a dreaded chore right now, just that much worse.

I posted it before, but I'll post it again. This simply isn't true. If cruise ships want to sail in and out of US ports, they have to comply with US gov't. regulations. Cruise ships are flagged in other countries to circumvent US tax and labor laws, but they still have to comply with certain US regulations to embark and disembark passengers in the US. This is the current CDC No Sail order. If cruise lines do not comply with this (or if it is rescinded by the US authorities), there will be no cruising in and out of US ports. I would encourage anyone who is seriously interested in what the cruise lines must do in order to start sailing in and out of the US again to read this: https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...otice-of-modification-and-extension-and-other

I'm sure! Hopefully, some enterprising people will get to work on finding a solution for you.
There are already clear masks that exist for co workers of the deaf and HOH in surgical settings. I'd just need to convince everyone I come in contact with to wear them, preemptively. No biggie. LOL

I suppose I could wear a button that says I am deaf and lip read but its probably just easier to tell people and hope for the best.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter