How Would These Guidelines Impact Disney Cruise Line

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
Today the Orange County Florida Economic Recovery Task Force held a meeting of the Guidelines for Reopening Working Group. During the meeting, various guidelines and mandates were discussed, giving a potential glimpse into what procedures reopened theme parks, hotels, and restaurants in Central Florida might look like.

Many of these are standard on Disney Cruise Line or were implemented during The Panama Cruise. However, there are some interesting points which many impact Disney Cruise Line when sailings resume

Hotel guidelines will include:
  • Phase 1: Housekeeping services to be limited and allow for limited guest and employee exposure
  • Phase 1: Housekeepers only clean upon request, or when a guest departs - Possible removal of nightly turn down service and no towel animals???
  • Phase 1: Only deliver room service to guests doors.
Hotel mandates:
  • All employees will be required to wear face masks
  • Hand sanitizer at entry to be available in plain sight.
  • Front desk to sanitize themselves on a regular basis.
  • Consistent cleaning of all guest areas.
  • Front desk to utilize sneeze guards.
  • Remove all service items in guests hotel rooms including glassware, coffee cups, etc.
  • Mini bars are not to be stocked.
  • Do not offer self food services.
  • Space pool furniture according to distancing guidelines.
  • Pool gates and pool chairs to be sanitized regularly.
  • Door handles, elevator buttons, and railings to be sanitized regularly.
  • Remove all coffee makers from guest rooms.
  • Remove all guest collateral items, except those that are single use. - no shampoo, conditioner, lotion in staterooms???
  • Sanitize guest keys before and after each use.
  • Promote social distancing for all guests and staff.
As far as restaurants are concerned, guidelines are:
  • Paper/disposable menus
  • Touchless sanitizer at entry
Restaurant mandates are:
  • Hand sanitizer at every table.
  • Hand sanitizer at entry in visible sight.
  • All employees required to wear facemasks.
  • Temperature checks for staff prior to shift. (Those with temperatures over 100.4 will not be allowed to enter premises.)
  • Doors to be wiped regularly.
  • All staff behind counters must wear gloves, except for bartenders.
  • Bartenders must sanitize hands after making each drink.
  • Seated tables to be six feet apart.
  • Phase 1: Limit restaurant to 50% capacity
  • Phase 2: Limit restaurant to 75% capacity

I just question if people are getting all anal retentive, OCD on things. Removal of coffee machines etc. I understand and get some measures but I will not live in fear of God forbid I touch something somebody else handled. They is why one needs to constantly wash/ disinfect hands.

Probably won’t. THey could take what they want from the guidelines, but cruise lines won’t be a phase 1 opening anyway.

I'm not expecting cruiseing to be in phase 1. I'm just thinking that if these measures are being brought in for hotels, then to me it makes logical sense that Disney Cruise Line would do the same on the ships.

My question is how would cruisers feel about these measures being implented on Disney Cruise Line? Theres been discussions about various aspects but not about things like a reduced house keeping, removal of turn down service and towel animals, removal of shampoo and conditioners from staterooms, removal of cups / glasses etc from staterooms,

Honestly those guidelines may be fine for business travelers who MUST travel. As a leisure traveler I don’t have interest in staying at a nice resort without things like daily maid service.

again, these measures are for hotels on land, how would cruisers feel if these measures were brought in for the staterooms on Disney cruise lines ?

There are also wrinkles that come into play on a ship. Staffer above 100 degrees? Where can they be isolated? At a hotel, you send them home.

again, these measures are for hotels on land, how would cruisers feel if these measures were brought in for the staterooms on Disney cruise lines ?

quote simply. Not interested in having an unpleasant experience. Part of cruising is being cared for. That includes regular visits by my stateroom attendant and a place to sit at the pool.

There are also wrinkles that come into play on a ship. Staffer above 100 degrees? Where can they be isolated? At a hotel, you send them home.

they would have to have quarantine facilities on board, possibly a corridor of guest staterooms. This would be possible due to a reduced number of passengers

Why would DCL care what the Orange County Florida Economic Recovery Task Force thinks? Why would DCL cruisers care what a landlocked county in Florida thinks? The only remote connection I can see is that the task force is based in Orlando but that's still irrelevant. It's like saying what do you think about these guidelines that the Oklahoma City School Board just put out.

Why would DCL care what the Orange County Florida Economic Recovery Task Force thinks? Why would DCL cruisers care what a landlocked county in Florida thinks? The only remote connection I can see is that the task force is based in Orlando but that's still irrelevant. It's like saying what do you think about these guidelines that the Oklahoma City School Board just put out.

because a cruise ship is basically a floating hotel and these are guidelines for a land based hotel. House keeping on a cruise ship is not that different from housekeeping in a hotel, same industry, just different location. , one on land, one on sea. Disney Cruise Line will be very interested in these measures as a lot of them apply to staterooms on a cruise ship

So the big roll out of wall mounted toiletries, rolled back. Cabanas — yikes, definitely additional staff, removal of self-serve perhaps.
For concierge, the lounge food would either be removed or go to a served model. And the stocked refrigerators would need to either go or be sanitized between uses.
I think what this may also mean is you will see cruises into port on Saturday and out on Sundays vs the current turn around. Depending on when the Wish comes on line, there may be fewer cruises in the short term.

I just question if people are getting all anal retentive, OCD on things. Removal of coffee machines etc. I understand and get some measures but I will not live in fear of God forbid I touch something somebody else handled. They is why one needs to constantly wash/ disinfect hands.
It’s weird to me. I work in a hospital and never get sick. If I can touch highly infectious linen with gloves on why can’t a maid clean a room with gloves on and wash hands afterwards?
I hope people aren’t getting OCD. I’ve seen somebody battle that and it ruined their life.

There are a couple of very big differences between a hotel and a cruise that make housekeeping more vital. Just to name a few-
-Cruisers spend way more time on average in their rooms
-Staterooms are much smaller and more compact and require pick up more often
-Trash handling is very different on a cruise and needs to be regularly handled
-The number and short turnaround time on rooms and almost full occupancy means rooms need to be cleaned throughout the week. Your stateroom host does routine deeper cleaning of certain areas throughout the week.
-You’re visiting beaches and tracking sand throughout the ship if not cleaned out if your room

The point of those hotel rules is to limit the amount of contact people have- if you have 4000 people on one ship together your goal of limiting personal contact is not the same and daily cleanings don't put you at more risk.

Agreed. Cruise lines are going to put out their own guidelines.

There are a couple of very big differences between a hotel and a cruise that make housekeeping more vital. Just to name a few-
-Cruisers spend way more time on average in their rooms
-Staterooms are much smaller and more compact and require pick up more often
-Trash handling is very different on a cruise and needs to be regularly handled
-The number and short turnaround time on rooms and almost full occupancy means rooms need to be cleaned throughout the week. Your stateroom host does routine deeper cleaning of certain areas throughout the week.
-You’re visiting beaches and tracking sand throughout the ship if not cleaned out if your room

The point of those hotel rules is to limit the amount of contact people have- if you have 4000 people on one ship together your goal of limiting personal contact is not the same and daily cleanings don't put you at more risk.
I spend very little time in my stateroom. It’s a place to shower and sleep and thats about it. I think most cruisers would agree with me.

It’s weird to me. I work in a hospital and never get sick. If I can touch highly infectious linen with gloves on why can’t a maid clean a room with gloves on and wash hands afterwards?
I hope people aren’t getting OCD. I’ve seen somebody battle that and it ruined their life.

I’ve worked in the hotel industry back in the day, removing glasses and coffee machines aren’t because they don’t want maids touching them- it’s because these things are often NOT cleaned by maids, or someone runs a dry hand towel through a water glass and calls it good. If you are using a hotel coffee pot, there’s no guarantee it’s been washed with soap and water for months. Removing those items just acknowledges they weren’t clean before and we should probably remove high touch items that aren’t cleaned between guests.

you must have an inside room. We have small children and balconies. We enjoy snacks on the balcony while kids nap. And reading on the balcony in the evenings. And watching the sea go by.
I’ve had every type of room, but I don’t cruise to sit in my room.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter