How worth it is Palo?

I'm late responding but man you guys are awesome. You have no idea how much I appreciate the feedback.

You could do that and then show up at to see your family and dinner towards the end. We’re usuallu at dinner in the main dining room until 10, taking our time. Have you discussed any of this with your family? Maybe they don’t want you to give up Palo since it’s your honeymoon.

I tried talking to my mom about this yesterday, but I was having a hard time explaining why this was even a discussion. She's also just super fixated on something else right now so I'm going to try again tonight.

You can have two answers for this question:
(1) sometimes 'alone' time is PRECIOUS and there is no better way to spend it then an AWESOME dinner at Palo's
(2) family is EVERYTHING and since you are taking this group with other folks, STAY WITH THEM as good food comes and goes but memories are for a lifetime

You can say I am an old softie - but it's all true

This. This sums up my problem perfectly.

After reading your specific situation, I would see all of the shows with mom since that is important to her (I didn't dislike Believe but it didn't leave a huge impression one way or the other, so I wouldn't skip it based on other peoples' dislike of it) and then have your couple dinner at Palo, maybe not the last night but do it another night. You can have all of the other meals together - IMO missing out on one is not that big of a deal. Family meals are things you can get at home on your own time but what you can't get at home are the shows and the Palo experience so I'd prioritize those.

It is lovely that you want to spend time with your family but I think it is entirely appropriate for a newly married couple to have one alone time dinner.

That said I might also swing by guest services when you board and explain the situation, that you'd really like to experience Palo but dinnertime means missing out on time with your mom and this will likely be her last cruise and asking if they could possibly let you use it as a brunch instead. I have heard that the free platinum meal is supposed to be dinner but they let people use it for lunch, it would seem to me there is a reasonable chance they would be equally flexible for a wedding package. I wouldn't COUNT on it but I would definitely ask if that works the best for you and they might work a little magic.

otherwise I honestly would not worry about skipping ONE meal together of 9. Especially if you do another cruise, you will definitely have the chance to experience that MDR again!

Well. I know my group fairly well. The only places we will all be together are the dinners. We'll try to do breakfast and lunch together, but as of now, there's 20 people and climbing. A lot of these are friends not family, and trying to get them to all show up at the right time at the right place will be nothing short of a miracle. I have one friend that is charge of making sure no one is late to the ceremony because I know we'll have stragglers.

Palo dinner is leisurely and may take longer than you expect. If you do an early dinner there, don't expect to make it on time to a show or main dinner seating afterward. Why not do it after the early show the second night? Then you'll still be there for dinner the last night, but you'll also have a romantic meal with your new husband. We thought Palo's dinner was far tastier than the main dining rooms, which tone down the food because kids.
The wedding is the second night, and it's Pirate Night. DF/future DH would never forgive me if we missed anything piratical.

What about your family joining you at Palo? I’m of the mindset though this is your Honeymoon cruise and I would take the time to spend the one on one time. You know your partner best though. I would do what feels right for you for this moment.

I have thought about that. We have one Platinum group with us so that takes care 5 out of 20 of the guests (our coworkers decided to split one stateroom). However, I don't know how I feel about asking people to spend more money, and as much as I would love to pay for everyone, at $40 a head, it would blow what's left of our budget out of the water.

Well. I know my group fairly well. The only places we will all be together are the dinners. We'll try to do breakfast and lunch together, but as of now, there's 20 people and climbing. A lot of these are friends not family, and trying to get them to all show up at the right time at the right place will be nothing short of a miracle. I have one friend that is charge of making sure no one is late to the ceremony because I know we'll have stragglers.

I have thought about that. We have one Platinum group with us so that takes care 5 out of 20 of the guests (our coworkers decided to split one stateroom). However, I don't know how I feel about asking people to spend more money, and as much as I would love to pay for everyone, at $40 a head, it would blow what's left of our budget out of the water.
Too funny. I know all too well what you mean. If you do decide on dinner on your own, perhaps a little printed invite to request they join you for lunch. Sometimes if it's in writing...who am I kidding.

That entire group at Palo sounds like a great idea! Get with that wedding coordinator and get that booked! These friends and family are already paying money to cruise with you - they must love you and DF. Sure some people won't like spending more and etiquette probably says you should pay but, if I was your guest just call me up explain what you'd like to do and I'm in.

Most weddings have one reception for a few hours after the wedding. You will have several days to spend with your guests. I wouldn’t feel guilty for missing two hours of time with them.

If Palo is something you could give or take without regret then don’t worry about it and spend the time with your guest. But this is the only time you will be on the ship during your wedding and if you want to enjoy that time at Palo with your spouse or want to extend the offer to your guests, go for it!

Another thought it why not arrange meeting everyone after dinner in one of the lounges?

The bottom line is do what works best for you and your spouse. Your guests will understand.

Another option: pay out of pocket for Palo brunch. It's not that much of an upcharge (it's your honeymoon!), you will still get to experience Palo and have a romantic meal together, and it leaves your dinner and show plans for the evenings undisturbed.

Plus I'm willing to bet that as others have said, if you explain the situation to your wedding coordinator, they may make and exception and comp it for you. And if they don't, it is $80 plus tip and you won't have to feel like you are missing out on anything.

Another option: pay out of pocket for Palo brunch. It's not that much of an upcharge (it's your honeymoon!), you will still get to experience Palo and have a romantic meal together, and it leaves your dinner and show plans for the evenings undisturbed.

Plus I'm willing to bet that as others have said, if you explain the situation to your wedding coordinator, they may make and exception and comp it for you. And if they don't, it is $80 plus tip and you won't have to feel like you are missing out on anything.
So I just sent an email to the coordinator based on everyone's advice. We will see what they say, but since it's a Friday night I doubt I'll hear anything before Monday. I'll keep you guys posted!

Sorry for the double post, but I heard back from the wedding planner. Her suggestion was to do the 6:00 pm show, got to Palo at 7:30, and then make it up to dinner while everyone is eating dessert for an appearance. Brunch is a no go.

I don't -love- it, but it makes the most sense to me so that's what we're doing!

Sorry for the double post, but I heard back from the wedding planner. Her suggestion was to do the 6:00 pm show, got to Palo at 7:30, and then make it up to dinner while everyone is eating dessert for an appearance. Brunch is a no go.

I don't -love- it, but it makes the most sense to me so that's what we're doing!

Good luck. Hopefully the timing works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!