How Will Your Vacation Habits Change Over Time?

I don't see things changing much for us. We are DINKS and what has happened since we bought into DVC is that we tend to take more vacations sometimes of shorter durations. We love the parks and I think we always will, but have definately given up typical comando type touring. An afternoon relaxing in our villa or down by the pool is the norm now. We enjoy the special events and have been able to take advantage of a number of them. I hope this continues in the future as well.

The biggest change I foresee in the next 10 years or so is the time of year we go.

We always vacation during the summer since our vacation is driven by the school calendar.

DW & I are looking forward to WDW trips with cooler temperatures, lower crowds and of course the beautiful holiday decorations.

We are already spending less time in the parks since the AP's are not as attractive cost-wise as we'd like them to be. We will be exploring the greater Orlando area a little more through the years, I'm sure.

when DVC still had free tickets - it was go to WDW every day.....

Now I am learning to love the resorts - they actually have stuff to do in them....:teeth:

I am also discovering the rest of Orlando - SW, US/IOA, lots of things to do....

WDW is always building something new and different - that hasn't changed - and hopefully it won't!!!!

when I first joined - it was with this plan - one trip for me and mother - one trip for my brother's family.
I was working and going to school at night. Oh I got my degree finally in 2000 - after many long years.

his kids were beginning school - and they had a different off schedule from me.

so we were both to do and stay in studios - yea...

I have brought many more points.

my brother and his family generally stay in a 2-bedroom - when they go - the last few years they have used it to stay at other places - BC, off property (I rent the points for cash)

I still go and stay in studios, also 1 and 2 bedrooms. With other family, friend, co-workers.

Jerry is trying to talk me into a GV - but I don't think so.....

I go some years more frequently - other years less frequently.

I even had a plan at one time until 2007 - yea that went off the door long ago.

I guess if you love WDW, you always will - now or in 50 years.... at least I hope so!!!

OKW was the DVC for the first few years - and I never got try of staying there - or if I did - one night per trip on my stays were enough to convince me.

Anyway I hope everyone loves there DVC now and at least until their contract run out - if we live that long!!!

Right now the kids are little 5, 24 sleeps away from 4, and 18 months old. Our trips are generally 6 or 7 days long, at a relaxed pace. Lots of pool days.... early nights...

When the kids are more self sufficient, I will take the kids down, bymyself, for longer trips in the summer in a 1 bedroom..... and DH will come along for the fall trip in a 2 bedroom... We have also fallen in love with HH and hope to do 6 nights there, in early summer, for the next 38 years, sadly booked at the 7 month window.

We like 3 vacations a year(plus a couple of adult trips), and I cant see that changing.... What we do... that will change.

My first trip to WDW was in 1976 at the Poly. I started going down every other year. Then it was every year. Some years it was twice. :)

We bought our dvc points last year, because we go so often and we know we're going back. I would love to arrange it so we go twice a year. There are so many neat things going on at different times of the year. I love the parks and I don't see that changing.

With the DD's in school we are tied to summer, thanksgiving and christmas trips. So the change I see later on is the time of year we go. I would love to get to the F&G and F&W festivals more often.

Good questions.

We are empty nesters as well. Our pre-DVC ownership visits had increased to more than once per year and averaged about 5 days in length per trip.

Buying DVC increased our trip length to generally a week at a time and we continue to visit more than once per year.

In the future, we will probably continue with weekly stays, possibly three times per year. Don't forsee spending less time at the parks, but that is always possible.

A great deal will depend on our health.

What has changed considerably is the more laid back approach to our visits. We rarely ever spend more than the morning at the parks. We might return in the evening for dinner and fireworks, but generally we are out of the parks between lunch and dinner.

If I do tell you, then there could be a temporal paradox, and the timeline that leads to a wonderful future for WDW in 20 years could be wiped out, and WDW could be replaced by MEW (Micheal Eisner World).

Thanks, Dr. Tomorrow!

Now I understand your tag line. It's a heavy responsibility you must carry. I hadn't thought of the consequences, only of my own selfish thoughts. I will just have to wait and see what unfolds at MEW, uh, that's WDW over the next score.

Right now we can only go on school vacations so I would say in about 13 years I definitely want to start going in January and Sept or Oct and enjoy the cooler weather.
I really see us doing a lot of exchanges in the future.
Somewhere in there my husband and I will start doing solo vacations (we have never vacationed without the children) although each year we approach to my dd becoming a "Preteen" I see it as a stronger possibility.
I pray God blesses me with grandchildren and a daughter in law and son in law haha! I do look forward to large family vacations once grandkids come but since I'm only 29 and dd is 9 that's a LONG way away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter