how/when to get the best airfare at thanksgiving?

monalsw

<font color=blue>Had an embarassing SpongeBob mome
i have asmu/pc booked for 11/11-11/26. i'm freaking out about the airfare prices already, since we're traveling over the holiday. there are 3 of us and we usually fly airtran. right now, seats are runnning $210-295, depending on when we come home. the day after thanksgiving is cheaper than the weekend after, and i do need to be back to work by monday. should i jump on the $210, or wait? last trip, in early november, we got $59 each way, just 3-4 months before. but it wasn't a holiday...ahhh, i'm so confused!

I booked our trip for Thanksgiving a month ago and paid about $215 pp. We fly on Thanksgiving Day and return on the following Wed. The fare is now about $294!!! I always like to book earlier than later. That way if it does go way down I can just get a credit. I can never seem to be onboard with the really cheap fares like $59 each way!!

Because you are over the holiday you are going to pay more. Supply and demand...more people flying. If $210 is a good deal over a holiday weekend, I'd buy it now before airlines start raising rates or adding fuel surcharges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter