How warm is the DLH pool?

abby

Abby's Mom
We leave in 13 days, (yeah.. :rotfl: :cool1: ) How warm is the pool at DLH? If it's 60 or so out can we still swim?

We were there the first week of Jan, and although it was about 80 degrees and sunny, the pool was not heated enough for me to get in, although the kids seemed to manage it OK. The hot-tub was quite nice though. :)

We were there in later December and pools by the Bonita tower are heated-swam in them and felt like the bathtub. The main pool with the slide was much cooler and we didn't last long in there.

If you are from Alaska, yes it is heated and nice. If you are from warmer regions, then no. Seriously. I couldn't believe the number of people in the pool in December on a cool afternoon. The issue isn't so much the water temperature, it is the air temperature and the wind off the Pacific Ocean. Gettig from the pool to your hotel room is the part where you will freeze. The Neverland pool is in a wind tunnel between two towers. The Bonita pool is sheltered from the wind.

It is all relative.

We are from Oregon, so if the water is warm enough, I'm ok being cold getting back to the room.

I have swam in the main pool of the DLH in the months of December, January and February. I think the colder the outside is the more they may crank up the heater. I always just have plenty of towels and dry shirts and swim coverups for the chilly walk back to the room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter