How to recoup lost days on park passes from Hurricane Ian?

picktails

DIS Veteran
I was at Disney with my daughter and her friend from college from September 25 - 30. We were very thankful to get the park one last day when the parks reopened after the hurricane! But I'm wondering how to get credit for the 2 days unused on our passes. We bought them from Undercover Tourist if it matters.

WDW had reported that partially-used tickets impacted by the closure dates would be automatically extended until 9/30/2023. Try making a random theme park reservation sometime in the future to see if it works.

Theme Park Tickets Validity Window

Partially used multi-day theme park tickets with a validity window impacted by closure due to Hurricane Ian will be automatically extended to allow use of the remaining unused ticket days through Sept. 30, 2023. In order to enter a park, both a park reservation and valid ticket for the same park on the same date are required.

If they were refundable tickets bought from Undercover Tourist, you can get a 95% refund. My family was unable to go to MNSSHP on 9/26 because we left early due to Ian. I called Undercover Tourist on the way home and they took care of it. They sent me an email and I had to cut up the cards, take pics of it and send it to them. I got my refund a couple of days later, put back on my credit card. I always buy all of my Florida theme park tickets from them because of their cancellation policy.

If your tickets were linked to your MDE, check their expiration date now. We had a variety of tickets our party purchased for our trip which coincided with Hurricane Ian and our friends who purchased tickets from their employer are showing an expiration date of 09/30/2023. Our tickets, which where military tickets purchased from Shades of Green, are not showing the advanced expiration date. (We are trying to see why these don't have the added expiration date.)

1665059749944.png1665059785366.png

If your tickets were linked to your MDE, check their expiration date now. We had a variety of tickets our party purchased for our trip which coincided with Hurricane Ian and our friends who purchased tickets from their employer are showing an expiration date of 09/30/2023. Our tickets, which where military tickets purchased from Shades of Green, are not showing the advanced expiration date. (We are trying to see why these don't have the added expiration date.)

View attachment 708527View attachment 708528
The military ones will likely not be extended beyond 12/16.
Those could always be spread out through the year, until mid-December, so I assume that won't be changed.

The military ones will likely not be extended beyond 12/16.
Those could always be spread out through the year, until mid-December, so I assume that won't be changed.

Yup, this is what a cast member on chat believed as well but told me to email and see if there was anything they could do because of the odd circumstances.

I emailed and explained that we had every intention of using all 5 days during our Sept trip and will not be returning this year. Unfortunately, I'm not expecting them to be extended. But it was worth an email to check.

This is what my grandson's ticket shows now...the wording on it confuses me. There were 2 days we were unable to use, but there's nothing that indicates what he has left of his 10 day hopper, so how do we know for sure?Remaining days.jpg

This is what my grandson's ticket shows now...the wording on it confuses me. There were 2 days we were unable to use, but there's nothing that indicates what he has left of his 10 day hopper, so how do we know for sure?View attachment 709106
Try making theme park reservations for a few days - if he only had 2 days left ot will not allow a 3rd park reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter