How To Lose Waldo in 10 days-The Trilogy~NEW 10/26 - Final Thoughts; Adios Amigos!

Man, you've been out of the house for approximately 3 hours, and he's lost already? :rotfl:

Sorry about the DVD player - that would make me nuts. :hug:

We board our plane and get comfy and cozy. :cloud9: I wish I could say our flight was uneventful and that we slept the whole way and woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed in Atlanta. But then what fun would that be?:rolleyes1

As I sat in my seat between Maddie and Andy, I noticed the flight was full of military. HOT military men. I was on a plane full of gorgeous military men … oh and my family and husband. :lmao: We those boys were pretty rambunctious – most still drunk from the days activities, which I overheard included some partying at the Santa Monica pier and Venice beach – home of the strange. :upsidedow Every single girl on that plane got lots of attention from these boys, especially the girls that had a single military guy in the middle seat. Those guys were teased by their peers about how unfair it was that they were seated between 2 beautiful girls. It was quite amusing.:goodvibes

Evan fell asleep before take off, no night-night juice required. :thumbsup2 Maddie played her Game-Boy quietly and then fell asleep about an hour in, Andy was next and finally Waldo. TE and I couldn’t really sleep with all the laughing and chatting going on. It wasn't annoying, really. I was getting a kick out of listening to the conversations about boot camp and the like. And then Waldo started snoring. :eek: Loud. And we all giggled some more. Soon the plane was full of light snoring, but I still couldn’t sleep. So I sat and listened to music and just relaxed. I got up to use the bathroom and that when I noticed the smell …:scared:

The entire plane smelled like a huge can of stink. I pulled my tee over my nose and headed back to my seat. I felt like I was sitting in someone’s mouth, surrounded by their morning breath. Blech! Those last 30 minutes on the flight were horrible!!

We landed in Atlanta at about 5:30 am & the airport was literally empty. We had a 2 hour layover so we decided to get some coffee from Starbucks. Evan was awake and enjoying the echo in the quiet airport and decided to start singing. Very loudly. About boo-bies! I was completely mortified. :sad2: We had a difficult time finding our gate as they kept changing it around. First it said Akron, then Jacksonville and finally Orlando. Our plane was late getting in, so naturally we were late getting on. I texted CE to let her know we’d arrived in Atlanta and our flight was still a go.

Our next leg of the race was super short. The Captain said over the speaker our flight would be about an hour. One hour??!!! Woohoo! I need to move to Atlanta, baby! :banana: We landed at MCO about 9:30am, I had forgetten to turn my phone back on, so I missed CE’s text telling me she was literally upstairs as I was in the Magical Express line. Anyway, I had wanted to stop at the CROCS store since I’d only brought 3 pairs of shoes, but when I realized it was on the other side of the shopping mall, I’d changed my mind.

We made our way down to the Magical Express – the correct way this time. ;) Everyone else sat down and I got in line. Andy came over to help, but then I sent him to get everyone ready and meet me at the bus line. As I’m standing at the counter, I hear a voice, “Tracy!” and I turn around to find …

Do I need a cliff hanger here???

meCE.jpg

My good DIS friend CE! I turn around to hug her, but then realize the ME CM is right in the middle of her spiel, so I’m not sure what to do. I must have looked at her with child-like eyes because she told me to go and hug my friend! I turned gave CE a big ol’ hug! Finally, I got to meet her – I’d been so excited and it was a wonderful moment for me! I didn’t get a chance to chat, as my family was yelling for me to join them! Rats! NOMickeyMouse.

We jumped on our ME and headed to SSR with about 60 other people. Man, that bus will FULL! Our very nice bus driver, Jose announced our first stop would be OKW, then SSR and finally POR/FQ. I thought about how hectic check-in would and then told Andy I would jump off the bus and he and Waldo could take care of everything else. We arrived at OKW and a couple of families got off. Next we arrived at SSR and I found it amusing that we were the only folks getting off. I jumped off the bus and announced “The brown folks are here!!” :lmao: TE didn’t find that amusing. The weather was crappy, and rainy – my plans had gone to the birds. :headache:

According to my “Daily Planner”, we should have:

11:00-12:00pm Check-in and have lunch.
12:00-2:00pm Pool side
2:00-3:00pm Clean up and head to DTD
4:00pm BBB appointment for Maddie
6:00pm Head to MK for CS Dinner

Here’s what actually happened:

We made our way to lobby and check-in line and a very nice CM came up and asked us if we were celebrating any special occasion. She had a basket of buttons for Birthday, Anniversay, 1st Time Visits, etc. Tempting as it was, I said we we’re just here for a “family” gathering. Hey, I consider my Focker friends family!:grouphug:

WDW08002.jpg

The kids enjoyed the TV whilst we checked in. The CM helping us was really trying too hard. She even attempted to speak to us in Spanish. Waldo looked at me and shrugged, then I told her I didn’t understand Spanish and could she please repeat that in English. I think she was embarrassed. We were told our room wasn’t ready yet and that we could drop off our stuff at bell services and hit a park or do some shopping. At this point, I’d been up for 24 hours and I seriously needed some sleep. We headed over to Artist Palette (AP) from some food and our refillable mugs, which everyone noticed were exactly like last years. :rolleyes:

I wasn’t really impressed with the menu there. No burgers, no pasta, just flat breads, salads and sammies. You’d think with it being such a large resort, they’d have a larger menu. And don’t even get me started on the whole getting your food process. It stunk! First you order your food at the food counter, then you stand in another line to pay, which also services the gift shop and the grocery shop. Then you go back to the food counter and pick up your food. It’s a mess and needs some serious revamping.:sad2:

With full bellies, we headed over to the lobby area to plop down on some couches. We were all beat. Coincidently the only available couches were right next to the DVC counter thingy.:teeth: We sat for awhile, taking turns walking the kids around the gift shop and to the kids area where they had movies playing.

WDW08001.jpg

About an hour later, the DVC lady gave the kids some Goofy button and stickers and asked if we were DVC members. When I told her we were not, she convinced Andy to take the tour, since we’re just sitting here and after the tour, they’d give us free ice cream. Well Maddie and Evan heard “ICE CREAM” and begged their Daddy to go. We agreed and Waldo and TE decided ice cream sounded good, so we made our way over to the DVC builing. Our Guide was Larry and he was very, very good. I had told him our very good friends Lauralee131 and PrincessV were already members, so we had an idea about DVC – but TE and Waldo didn’t.

We did the whole tour and looked at the AKL villas – OMG, they’re so beautiful! The details are incredible. From the carvings on the dresser, to the Lion King tile mural in the bathroom – Disney didn’t miss a beat in those room. :thumbsup2 We were all speechless. Even Waldo.

We went back and spoke with Larry some more. I made sure Andy understood all the details and benefits of owning DVC and then I sat back and stayed quiet. He really got into it, as did Waldo. Holy cow, I couldn’t believe it. They both agreed it was a fantastic idea and Larry encouraged us to think about it and call him back if we decided to join. Larry also gave us these Magical Fastpasses that allowed us 3 instant FP’s per person. Basically you put the card in the FP machine and out would pop a FP for the current time. Cool!!

Next stop … ice cream!! The kids were so excited when we entered the Ice Cream Parlor. There was a train going round above us and lots of train stuff all around. I didn’t speak about DVC the rest of the day. Andy had already made up his mind, and I wasn’t going to push the issue. Yet.
:stir:

IMG_1603-1.jpg

IMG_1604-1.jpg

UP NEXT:

Bibbity Bobbity BOO!princess:

:rotfl: We posted the same thing at nearly the exact same time! :hug:

Evan fell asleep before take off, no night-night juice required. :thumbsup2 Maddie played her Game-Boy quietly and then fell asleep about an hour in, Andy was next and finally Waldo. TE and I couldn’t really sleep with all the laughing and chatting going on. It wasn't annoying, really. I was getting a kick out of listening to the conversations about boot camp and the like. And then Waldo started snoring. :eek: Loud. And we all giggled some more. Soon the plane was full of light snoring, but I still couldn’t sleep.

That doesn't sound too bad!

So I sat and listened to music and just relaxed. I got up to use the bathroom and that when I noticed the smell …:scared:

Leave it to you to find a smell. ;)

Evan was awake and enjoying the echo in the quiet airport and decided to start singing. Very loudly. About boo-bies! I was completely mortified.

:rotfl:

Nah, I took care of it for you. ;)

Finally, I got to meet her – I’d been so excited and it was a wonderful moment for me!

Me, too, my friend. :hug:

which everyone noticed were exactly like last years. :rolleyes:

Dang!

They both agreed it was a fantastic idea and Larry encouraged us to think about it and call him back if we decided to join. Larry also gave us these Magical Fastpasses that allowed us 3 instant FP’s per person. Basically you put the card in the FP machine and out would pop a FP for the current time. Cool!!

Awesome!

Bibbity Bobbity BOO!princess:

Can't wait!

Pretty soon I noticed TE standing with us attempting to assist us. I realized she left my 2 kids completely unattended near the door. :eek: I calmly asked her to please go sit with the kids and we would handle it.
OMG she didn't :eek:

Waldo was itching to wander, so I told him to please be back by 9pm as our flight was scheduled for take off around 10pm. Well, come 9:30, Waldo is still no where to be found and just as luck would have it, they announce our flight and begin the boarding process. TE starts to freak out wondering what happened to him, hoping he didn’t wander beyond security. I send Andy out to look for him in every nook and cranny of that terminal. Finally Waldo pops out of the Men’s room not 10 feet from us.
Well it wouldn't be a T TR without some Waldo wandering would it ;) :rotfl2:

The entire plane smelled like a huge can of stink. I pulled my tee over my nose and headed back to my seat. I felt like I was sitting in someone’s mouth, surrounded by their morning breath. Blech! Those last 30 minutes on the flight were horrible!!
You and your sensitive nose :rotfl2:

As I’m standing at the counter, I hear a voice, “Tracy!” and I turn around to find …
I wish I could have seen that, fantastic!

I jumped off the bus and announced “The brown folks are here!!” :lmao: TE didn’t find that amusing.
Why ever not? :rotfl:

Larry also gave us these Magical Fastpasses that allowed us 3 instant FP’s per person. Basically you put the card in the FP machine and out would pop a FP for the current time. Cool!!
Wow they sound cool :thumbsup2

Andy had already made up his mind, and I wasn’t going to push the issue. Yet.
Oooooh popcorn:: ;) :rotfl2:

I wish I could say our flight was uneventful and that we slept the whole way and woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed in Atlanta. But then what fun would that be?:rolleyes1
Uh-oh!

As I sat in my seat between Maddie and Andy, I noticed the flight was full of military. HOT military men. I was on a plane full of gorgeous military men … oh and my family and husband. :lmao:

I should have been on this flight:headache:

And then Waldo started snoring. :eek: Loud.

:lmao:

I got up to use the bathroom and that when I noticed the smell …:scared:
:eek: EEEEWWWW

Evan was awake and enjoying the echo in the quiet airport and decided to start singing. Very loudly. About boo-bies!
:lmao: Boys will be boys

Um NO!
I thought about how hectic check-in would and then told Andy I

'atta girl:thumbsup2

I jumped off the bus and announced “The brown folks are here!!” :lmao: TE didn’t find that amusing.

But I do:lmao:

According to my “Daily Planner”,

And let me say how impressive that planner was:worship:

Andy had already made up his mind, and I wasn’t going to push the issue.
:yay:

As I sat in my seat between Maddie and Andy, I noticed the flight was full of military. HOT military men.
And you didn't bring me one... or four??!! :mad:

Evan was awake and enjoying the echo in the quiet airport and decided to start singing. Very loudly. About boo-bies!
:rotfl2:

:rotfl:

Hey, I consider my Focker friends family!:grouphug:
We are! :hug:

The CM helping us was really trying too hard. She even attempted to speak to us in Spanish.
Oh no she di-int?! Love it! :rotfl:

And don’t even get me started on the whole getting your food process. It stunk! First you order your food at the food counter, then you stand in another line to pay, which also services the gift shop and the grocery shop. Then you go back to the food counter and pick up your food. It’s a mess and needs some serious revamping.:sad2:
Okay, I liked the food options but THIS drives me nuts! I really need to write a letter.

Coincidently the only available couches were right next to the DVC counter thingy.:teeth:
:rolleyes1

And let me say how impressive that planner was:worship:
OMG yes! I told T I want her to do mine next trip. :thumbsup2

No distance is too great for Croc shopping.

I got up to use the bathroom and that when I noticed the smell …:scared:

NOW I Remember why I am putting off that trip to Disneyland:scared:

About an hour later, the DVC lady gave the kids some Goofy button and stickers and asked if we were DVC members. When I told her we were not, she convinced Andy to take the tour, since we’re just sitting here and after the tour, they’d give us free ice cream. Well Maddie and Evan heard “ICE CREAM” and begged their Daddy to go. We agreed and Waldo and TE decided ice cream sounded good, so we made our way over to the DVC builing. Our Guide was Larry and he was very, very good. I had told him our very good friends Lauralee131 and PrincessV were already members, so we had an idea about DVC – but TE and Waldo didn’t.

We did the whole tour and looked at the AKL villas – OMG, they’re so beautiful! The details are incredible. From the carvings on the dresser, to the Lion King tile mural in the bathroom – Disney didn’t miss a beat in those room. :thumbsup2 We were all speechless. Even Waldo.

We went back and spoke with Larry some more. I made sure Andy understood all the details and benefits of owning DVC and then I sat back and stayed quiet. He really got into it, as did Waldo. Holy cow, I couldn’t believe it. They both agreed it was a fantastic idea and Larry encouraged us to think about it and call him back if we decided to join. Larry also gave us these Magical Fastpasses that allowed us 3 instant FP’s per person. Basically you put the card in the FP machine and out would pop a FP for the current time. Cool!!
I need to chat with you further about this ... later

Next stop … ice cream!! The kids were so excited when we entered the Ice Cream Parlor. There was a train going round above us and lots of train stuff all around. I didn’t speak about DVC the rest of the day. Andy had already made up his mind, and I wasn’t going to push the issue. Yet.

IMG_1603-1.jpg

[/quote]

So..they have an actual running train ? Do they also have models on display ?? And this picture.. is that train running or on Display??
These are handy little things to know for "Locomotive Obsessed" Men that I live with..:rolleyes1 Especially when I am somewhat interested in DVC Throw up a Train Distraction and I might just get away with something here:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:laughing: Did you and CE plan to post these updates together?

Wonder what was up with that funky smell on the plane. :scared: All the hot military men sound fun though. ;)

Hi Janet! It was so great to meet you and your family! :hug:

Ditto:goodvibes :hug:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww:scared:

I texted CE to let her know we’d arrived in Atlanta and our flight was still a go.

I should also mention that you texted me to make sure we were up and at rope drop!:thumbsup2

The CM helping us was really trying too hard. She even attempted to speak to us in Spanish. Waldo looked at me and shrugged, then I told her I didn’t understand Spanish and could she please repeat that in English. I think she was embarrassed.

And so she should have been...how rude!:headache:

Coincidently the only available couches were right next to the DVC counter thingy.:teeth:

Suuuurrrrrrrrreeeee....the ONLY couches available:rolleyes1

I am so talking Jim into a tour next year. He didn't want to take away touring time from Andrew, but I had him talked into taking the tour after Fockerfest:thumbsup2 Just need you, V and LL to talk (browbeat him) talk to him some more:thumbsup2

Wooo Hoooo:woohoo: All you girls are just crankin' out the updates! With so many to read I haven't had time to write my own!!:rolleyes:

Why do people try speaking to you in Spanish? Didn't a waiter or someone do that to you last year too?:confused3 Too funny:lmao:

I love, love, love the AKV mock-up that we saw...if only it could be moved to smaller buildings like at SSR. I'm afraid that I'll find Kidani Village a bit too loooong for my liking. We'll just have to see about that...heh heh...

If I don't buy some more points soon my head's going to explode!:scared1:

First off~ WELCOME HOME! :cool1: You have been missed! I can't wait to hear all of the details on what you thought about the rooms at SSR and all of your Focker meets.

I'm glad I had a fun time on the trip, without myself. :lmao: Wish it was IRL.

Did I read it right below? No more Oct. trip planned? I was planning on Oct. for next year.

No hablas Espanol? I'm shocked!:lmao: She thought she was being very observant and courteous, I'm sure.
I'd take the DVC tour for ice cream alone if I had time to burn. You got a bonus right off the bat with those 'special' FPs - awesome!:thumbsup2

HOT military men.

whoa baby!!!! where are the pics????? :confused3 :lmao:

The entire plane smelled like a huge can of stink. I pulled my tee over my nose and headed back to my seat. I felt like I was sitting in someone’s mouth, surrounded by their morning breath. Blech!

ewwww , yuck!!:scared: :eek:

First it said Akron

that's only 45 min from my house!!! why didn't you visit. akron vs. disney world???? hmmmmmmmm, can't decide :confused3 :lmao:

As I’m standing at the counter, I hear a voice, “Tracy!” and I turn around to find …

ce told us all about it!!! that is too cool. a focker meet in the airport!!

OMG!!! you did not! that's hilarious T!!! :lmao:

She even attempted to speak to us in Spanish.
I bet she was embarrassed. :flower3: :sad2:

We agreed and Waldo and TE decided ice cream sounded good, so we made our way over to the DVC builing.

we're going to have to wait until the end of you tr before we find out if andy signed the dotted line, aren't we???? popcorn::

Andy had already made up his mind, and I wasn’t going to push the issue. Yet.

work it girl!!! go, T :woohoo:

dang..........didn't know you were this far along! Got some readin' to do!

Great updates so far, T! Yum. Hot Military Men. My favorite....

And can't wait for BBB!!!

MEL:lovestruc

So much good stuff all in one update!! I am trying to remember everything I wanted to say...

LOL at Evan for singing about boo-bies!:rotfl:

Poor schmuck CM for not using her common sense and speaking to you and your family in Espanol....a little embarrassing to say the least.

I hope that Andy says yep on the DVC!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter