How strict are age limits for Edge Tween Club?

On our recent spring break cruise only one of our party was 10 and they let him join friends in the Edge and they would see how he fit in. DS said a 10 yr old girl was asked not to come back due to immaturity. DS did say he missed the lab. So, don't discount both of them doing the lab.

Yes they will let him in, just go see the Edge counselor when you get onboard and you just have to sign a form saying its ok. Just know that if he picks the Edge he won't be able to got to the Lab but it doesn't sound like that is an issue. Enjoy!

We are in a similar spot...we have an 11 year old and will be on board with his 10 yo best friend. If they do both go to the Edge, will they not be able to try the Lab at all? Can you only pick one club for the week? Thanks!

We are in a similar spot...we have an 11 year old and will be on board with his 10 yo best friend. If they do both go to the Edge, will they not be able to try the Lab at all? Can you only pick one club for the week? Thanks!

No, the post you quoted is no longer the case. Recently it has changed to allow the kids who are within each club's age range to go to both. DS14 was able to go to both the Vibe & Edge on our recent cruise.

We were just on the Dream. My daughter turned 10 in March, and we had no thought of sending her to Edge. However, one of the counselors in the Lab the first day mentioned it to us during the open house time, as she said my daughter seemed more mature and would probably enjoy it more. My daughter and I went up to Edge together to look around and spoke with the counselors there who encouraged her to give it a try. Her name was even already on the list at Edge as children who were eligible. Long story short, she loved it there. I did have to sign a waiver that she could check herself in and out. However we never sent her off on her own, we would go with her to drop her off. Then, my daughter would later call us when she was ready to leave and we would come get her. She did participate in an activity where the kids left the club, but she asked us beforehand if she could participate and I spoke with the counselor to get details on what was involved. Overall I was very pleased and my daughter could not stop raving about how much fun she had :)

we leave tomorrow for fl and on the cruise sat. I hadn't really thought my dd would be eligible since she is 10.

If there is space can she go between the edge and the lab? I am assuming she would have to have sign out privileges ?

How do we go about this when we check in, we are concierge so they take care of everything upstairs in the lounge.

thanks

we leave tomorrow for fl and on the cruise sat. I hadn't really thought my dd would be eligible since she is 10.

If there is space can she go between the edge and the lab? I am assuming she would have to have sign out privileges ?

How do we go about this when we check in, we are concierge so they take care of everything upstairs in the lounge.

thanks

From what I've read here only those kids in the overlap ages (11-12) can go back and forth. I don't know if that would also apply to those 10 year olds who were allowed to join Edge.

From what I've read here only those kids in the overlap ages (11-12) can go back and forth. I don't know if that would also apply to those 10 year olds who were allowed to join Edge.

Correct. In the past you would have to choose one or the other one and even take out the wrist band when going to Edge.

No longer the case. If you are in between age groups, you can go to both. This past Feb, we noticed the Wonder was issuing paper wristbands for Edge. It was during KSF, so maybe it was a way to enforce the age groups - no wrist band, no entry.

But we did notice several kids with both lab/club ones and the edge one.

No, the post you quoted is no longer the case. Recently it has changed to allow the kids who are within each club's age range to go to both. DS14 was able to go to both the Vibe & Edge on our recent cruise.

Thank you, very happy news!

My ds turned 11 on our fantasy cruise last month. From check-in at the port on he was told he could do edge and lab/club. And he did. He lved the freedom of the edge but also had just as much fun with the computer games in the lab/club. He bounced back and forth all week. Meanwhile he had a classmate on the same cruise. She turned 11 the week after the cruise. She was not allowed in the edge. I do not know the specics as we never saw them the whole cruise but this is what my ds reported. I guess she was annoyed my ds ould go to the edge and she could not. As a parent i really appreciated the back and forth for my ds. There were times we wanted him in a more secure environment, like during our remy dinner. And then other times it gave him a real sense of freedom to do what he wanted, wave phone in hand.

Good to know, I was wondering the same thing. My son will be 14 yrs old on our August cruise....i was wondering if he would be allowed to go to both Vibe & Edge since Edge is 11-14, and vibe is 14-17. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Good to know, I was wondering the same thing. My son will be 14 yrs old on our August cruise....i was wondering if he would be allowed to go to both Vibe & Edge since Edge is 11-14, and vibe is 14-17. Thanks! :thumbsup2

We were on the Fantasy, but went to Edge first and then Vibe on the first day. At Vibe he was told to come back and get a red Vibe KTTW card later when the system was up. This allows them to open the door to Vibe on the new ships. He then had to go to Edge and get a sticker on his KTTW card for Edge to allow him in there. The Vibe KTTW card wouldn't let him use the elevator to go up to Edge, but he just got off one deck below and took the stairs to get into Edge. They don't use the bracelets on the Fantasy for Edge, but they do use them on the Wonder.

lbgraves said:
We were on the Fantasy, but went to Edge first and then Vibe on the first day. At Vibe he was told to come back and get a red Vibe KTTW card later when the system was up. This allows them to open the door to Vibe on the new ships. He then had to go to Edge and get a sticker on his KTTW card for Edge to allow him in there. The Vibe KTTW card wouldn't let him use the elevator to go up to Edge, but he just got off one deck below and took the stairs to get into Edge. They don't use the bracelets on the Fantasy for Edge, but they do use them on the Wonder.

Wow this is good info. Good to know! Thanks so much! :)

My son just turned 10 yesterday. The people we are going with have 12 y.o kids. Because this is our 5th cruise he's getting bored of the lab. I'm really hoping my son is allowed in the vibe.
Thoughts??

My son just turned 10 yesterday. The people we are going with have 12 y.o kids. Because this is our 5th cruise he's getting bored of the lab. I'm really hoping my son is allowed in the vibe.
Thoughts??

Vibe is for 14-17 year olds. Edge is 11-14. And Oceaneers Club/Lab is 3-12.

Chances of the 12 year olds getting back and forth privileges - excellent
Chances of the 10 year old being allowed in Edge - could happen. Depends on how many kids (in the correct age range 11-14) are onboard.

And, JMO, but my 10 year old would be going to the Club/Lab. There's plenty of time for him to be a "big kid".

Reinvigorating this 10 year old original post! All the cruises we have previously been on my kids have been in the same age group for club. We are going at a different time of year than we typically go so for our next cruise my daughter will have turned 15 less than 2 months prior to cruise and her brother will be 13. I know most of these questions were about going up in age to the older clubs but can a (barely older!) sibling go down? So could she go to Edge instead of Vibe so they could hang out? We are not going during a holiday time and is a down time. Thanks!

Reinvigorating this 10 year old original post! All the cruises we have previously been on my kids have been in the same age group for club. We are going at a different time of year than we typically go so for our next cruise my daughter will have turned 15 less than 2 months prior to cruise and her brother will be 13. I know most of these questions were about going up in age to the older clubs but can a (barely older!) sibling go down? So could she go to Edge instead of Vibe so they could hang out? We are not going during a holiday time and is a down time. Thanks!
No. While Disney will let you "age up" if there is room, you cannot age down. A 15 year old will not be permitted to go to Edge. On our August cruise our oldest turns 15 on day 3 so we.have already told her don't bother going to Edge at all because you will not be let in from day 3 onwards.

Reactions: ngl
It's great that they want to hang out together and a cruise is a great place for families to do so. Apparently they are looking for activities to do together beyond the normal stuff thats available on board. If so you can Google activities that you can create and some maybe even do with them. Maybe like team scavenger hunts with prizes. Or the team who could eat one of those large sundaes the fastest without getting a brain freeze. Our group never wanted to do the kids clubs and found plenty to do together.

Reactions: ngl
can a (barely older!) sibling go down? So could she go to Edge instead of Vibe so they could hang out?
Unfortunately that is a hard “no” to an older child in the younger age space except during open house times (at either).

They can do any “all ages” activities outside of Edge/Vibe - movies, sports deck, towel folding or crafts, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter