How often do you visit Disney?

How often do you prefer to go to Disney World?

• Total voters
I don't go once a month but do go more than twice a year. During school breaks I typically go a few times during the summer, spring break, fall break, and once between either Thanksgiving or Christmas.

When we have active AP's we go 3x / year (there wasn't a 3x choice on the poll tho so I voted 2x). Every once in awhile we will have a year off in-between AP's.

Recently (well, since 2012) we have been fortunate enough to do some sort of Disney trip once a year. (WDW, cruise, etc.) This year we are extra fortunate to be able to do 2! (Something I NEVER thought would happen!) We are doing our fist DLR in Aug and the our first Christmas trip at WDW! We fly from Nebraska and say onsite. Our trip is usually about 1 week.

Edited for punctuation.

Too often, if you ask my husband! He is not a big Disney fan but has been maybe 6 times in the past 17 years. DD22 and I have been on 26 trips (I think- I lost track along the way). Before she was middle school, we'd go a couple of times a year, and one year we went 3 times (she and I had APs that year). WDW always involves airfare (we've lived in MI, PA, and now ME so no driving down for me) so we usually do either shorter trips to save on hotel, food, and park ticket costs or we travel with friends/family and split costs. For about the past 6 years it's been just DD and me, with DH joining us on one of those trips (maybe 2 of them?). We use the Disney VISA to save money for food at WDW, and use/churn SW credit cards for airfare points to make the trips more affordable, among other things (ticket specials, meal sharing, etc.). Right now, DD and I are down to about every other year, give or take, but we are going to hold off for 3 years, hopefully, waiting for Disney to get its act together, new things open, etc.

After a couple of visits, we've decided every other year is best for us. Just curious how everyone else feels.

I think it depends on why your going. There is certain weekend events we really enjoy so while disney is the destination it's not exactly the same trip everytime we go down.. I've moved here now but that just happened. We weren't die hard every year types and there has been long gaps of many many years inbetween visits. For me, it really depended on what my daughter was into that year and what actually changed. Right now disney is exciting with a lot of new things happening, some old ways of disney returning and even some of the disneyland pride starting to creep into florida finally...

All in all, we ended up moving here so we go when the mood hits us as it's convenient now.

I guess you could say we are locals-live on the Space coast, but even though our son works for Disney we have not gone to a Disney park for about 3 years. Just like everyone, life takes priority, so it is hard to work in a day trip when family are all off or healthy at the same time for even a day trip. Some years we went more often, even just to have lunch and leave, but recently it is just a hassle to get over there. Maybe this year will change and we will make the effort to go see some of the new stuff but still not a priority. That said, we have not been to the other parks as often either.

I love WDW, but there are so many other places to see. We end up going every 3-4 years usually, but for a longer trip, like 8-9 days. That frequency means that there is always something new to see.

When the kids were free (or less expensive) we went every year. It was cheaper than a week down the Jersey shore. Now that they are nearly 10 and 13, it's every other year.

At least once a year since 2001, but there are times it's been more than that. We went earlier this year because we went on a Carnival Cruise out of Port Canaveral, couldn't be that close and not stop in for a few days right? Wasn't planning to go again this year, but Disney is calling to us so we have planned for September!

on average we go once a year. It's not an exact science. There have been years when we didn't go at all but other years when we went twice or even three times. We seldom go longer than 18 months away. Its seems to be slowing down a bit lately with the kids being older. It is just getting harder to find time to go when they are not busy with something else.

Same here! If I could commute from my job I love here to Disney every week I would. There is no such thing as too much time at Disney
I got home on Monday and DH and I are back again on May 5th. And it's killing me to wait that long

For the first time in a while we don't have a family trip planned. Unfortunately there are other things that require funding right now :( I did sign up to run the 1/2 marathon next January so I can squeeze in a quick Friday Saturday trip though.

I chose 3-5 years but really it's more random than than that. The first time I went was in '90 and the second in '97 so 7 years between those 2 visits. Then I didn't go back until I was an adult in '13. But since then I've visited every year, WDW 3 times (2 long trips and 1 short) and DL once. I'm taking '16 off from Disney then I'm hoping to be able to go to TDL in '17 then depending on how construction is looking I'm tentatively planning another trip to WDW in '18.

We average once a year. There have been a few times when we visited multiple times in a year, and a couple times when we've skipped a year. Two of our kids are out of the house now and the youngest is in high school - I'm not sure if we'll make fewer trips or more trips once she's off to college. It should give us much more flexibility on WHEN we go, though. We currently visit only at super crowded times, like spring break and Christmas, since we're tied to the school calendar.

I voted once a year but really it's been more than that. We've taken a family vacation once a year now for 3 years in a row, but for me I'll be going for the 4th time in a year in just a couple weeks.

I'd say on average every year and a half or so. Sometimes it will be once a year, but then I'll go two or three years between visits. I have only gone more than once in a year two years that I can remember: 2007 when I went for a few days in June, then went back in September for Night of Joy and 2009 when I went for a few days as part of a trip to see a shuttle launch in May, then went back in October for my birthday (this was the year they did the get in free on your birthday promotion). I do love Disney, but I also love travel and photography, and I am limited in my vacation time each year (currently 3 weeks), so choose to visit a whole lot of other places too.

1) There isn't an answer that works for me.
2) See my signature.
3) You really have to be more specific in poll as "locals" would very much impact results.

We generally go twice a year, but lately one trip lasts 4-8 weeks.
:worship:

Excuse me sir, I believe you are living MY dream ;) That's awesome to stay for such a length of time. We go twice a year, but we've been squeezing in a third trip for the past few years. Not sure if we'll be able to continue with the third much longer as we'll be burning more DVC points as we start to include our DGDs. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter