How much would you spend for a bulb?

TinkerPixie

Really,Really Cute!
I've been looking through my new Schreiners Iris catalog, and I see several new varieties that I like. The problem is, the ones I want are $40 to $50 per bulb. I really cant afford that much for one bulb. Any body think this is a bit much.....? What's your spending limit?

Yikes!! I'm not sure how much my limit is, but $40 is way over it!

TinkerPixie do not be fooled by the beautiful pictures in the booklets. All iris are beautiful especially when they are growing in your own yard. These companies have the same flower under a different name and it's 3/4 the price. The best ones to buy are the specials where you can get 5 or 6 different colors for that price. Believe me I probably could not tell the difference between the $40 one and the similar one for $5 very few people could.

$40??:earseek: :earseek: :earseek:
Michigan Bulb is really cheap and they come with lifetime guarantees..:o (even though they are a pain sometimes, and shipping is outrageous..:mad: )
BTW--what bulb is so expensive????

Shep, these are the ones that are $50 per bulb..............

347372lg.jpg
347371lg.jpg

DW goes insane if I spend more than $5.00 a bulb...lol

Those are beautiful, but bulbs look best when grown in big groups. I got some very cheap irises and tulips from Wal-Mart when we first bought our house and had no extra money, and I'm enjoying the irises right now. They may not be the best ones, but you can't tell from the road anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter