How much were your dues?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
So I paid my first set of dues on the 15th for the amount of 290. I wasn't that excited to pay them but I know that almost everyone pays much more than that. So, how much were yours this year?

So I paid my first set of dues on the 15th for the amount of 290. I wasn't that excited to pay them but I know that almost everyone pays much more than that. So, how much were yours this year?
Is that your monthly amount? I have paid both ways - full amount and monthly. I honestly see my monthly amount (around $70) and I am not bothered by it. I just think about what trip we are planning next. We also don't own much 120 @ AK. It helps to buy the discounted disney gift cards to put towards the dues. This year we had a some money left on gift cards from our November trip, so instead of just stashing them away i put them towards our dues and right now i don't have a payment due until April.

When DH was working, I took $40 every two weeks out of his paychecks and had it directly deposited into an online money-market account. When I could get a deal on gift cards, I would take money out and buy as much as I could afford and use the gift cards to pay the dues each year. Now that DH is retired, and MF's have gone up, I take $110 out of each of his monthly pension checks. I still pay "monthly", but I am paying myself so I can earn interest on the money and hopefully get at least a 5% discount on gift cards.

For 2019's dues, I bought gift cards throughout 2018. I paid a total of $1051.43 but my dues were $1160.18 so I saved a little over $110.

I’m in the 4 digit range - went up about $75 per month from last year - mostly due to Hilton Head

We have over 1400 points at 7 resorts. Ours are close to 5 figures. I pay them in December as soon as I get the statements just to get it over with. In total they went up over a hundred this year.

I'm waiting for my case of $50 Disney Gift Cards to arrive from Sam's Club. We have many many hours of scratching and entering ahead of us.

Mine are between 1200-1400 a month. Can't remember exactly how much the 2019 increase impacted me.

We are in 4 digits. Ours went up a little over $700 this year.

I only have 75 points (and I'm actually selling 25 of them, but still had to pay 2019 dues because I borrowed).
$177.61 for 25 at OKW, $328.87 for 50 PVB. First time over $500 total.

I'm waiting for my case of $50 Disney Gift Cards to arrive from Sam's Club. We have many many hours of scratching and entering ahead of us.

FYI sams club sells the $500 GC for like $486. I start buying 2 per credit card statement for the 4th quarter, when my 5% cash back is for warehouse clubs. Come end of January, use them for dues (and if there's any left over, surprise vacation :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!