how much WDW fun can you have in 4 days? may '07 - w/ pics & video! FINISHED!!!

I love your Mary Jane Crocs! I thought about getting some for work. You are going to be so color coordinated! In 10 days you will be in Disney!:cool1:

I love your Mary Jane Crocs! I thought about getting some for work. You are going to be so color coordinated! In 10 days you will be in Disney!:cool1:

warning: the mary jane crocs aren't as comfortable to me as the regular ones. they're still very comfy, but just not like the others. the other two pair i have are caymens and they're sooooooo comfortable. i think it's because the mary jane sole is thinner and it's missing the orthotic footbed. i'm wearing them my animal kingdom day because i know they close earlier than the other parks!

this is not an official update. the purpose of posting this picture is so that the people that are going to be at WDW the same time as us and whom i've told to check out my pic on the first page of this TR will know that i look a bit different. see, i got my hair did today and it's a new haircut and i now have highlights. so just wanted you guys to know what my new 'do looked like in case you'll be there the same time as me. here ya go.....yeah, i know, i know.....i should be a model!!! :lmao: (that was just a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Picture.jpg

I too am making a short trek to Disney. I'll be there May 9-13. Definately will keep an eye out for you! So excited for the trip to get here...why in the WORLD does time take so long when Disney is in the picture?

I'm thinking about writing a TR but I always wonder if what I say is even any good. :confused3

Can't wait to hear more on the trip!!

I too am making a short trek to Disney. I'll be there May 9-13. Definately will keep an eye out for you! So excited for the trip to get here...why in the WORLD does time take so long when Disney is in the picture?

I'm thinking about writing a TR but I always wonder if what I say is even any good. :confused3

Can't wait to hear more on the trip!!

welcome!!!! i think we'll only be crossing paths one day because we check out on the 10th and head to kennedy space center. we'll be at MK on the 9th - please say hello if you're there and you notice me! and look for my lime green mickey head pinned to our backpack!

Dawn, you are so adorable! And I love the new "do"!

Dawn, you wild girl you!! I love how you described your dh on page 1!!! Lucky guy1

Here's a secret tip - buy rum in a plastic bottle, pack it in your checked luggage (used to be able to carry on these liquids mind you!!) Then you can get a refillable mug of a frozen drink and add your own rum... :rolleyes1 :cool2:

Dawn, you wild girl you!! I love how you described your dh on page 1!!! Lucky guy1

Here's a secret tip - buy rum in a plastic bottle, pack it in your checked luggage (used to be able to carry on these liquids mind you!!) Then you can get a refillable mug of a frozen drink and add your own rum... :rolleyes1 :cool2:

yay......more peeps! :yay:

hmmmmm.....rum, huh? sounds like a good plan. and i don't have to worry about a carry-on - we're driving! i'm going right now to add it to the list of things to get before we leave. i've never had rum and frozen coke....how does that taste?

...-MK has extra magic hours that night (til midnight). we're planning on walking to the boardwalk from MGM (to avoid the masses at the bus stops) and then taking a bus from there to MK. i'm not going to plan these couple of hours at MK - just go with the flow.

Somebody has to say it - what are ya NUTZ???

Unless you plan on taking the boat from MGM to the boardwalk - but even then the walk from the entrance to Epcot on the boardwalk side, thru the entire world showcase (taking the path thru the roses) thru the entire future epcot world then thru the long entry way to get to a monorail to the MK - :scared1: Its ambitious!

Perhaps grab a bus to DTD then from DTD to MK? (can one do that?) or find a short bus line and take that - the polynesian, contemp, grand floridian buses?

Also, be prepared dh is a Scouter, has a hydration back pack, and I planned on him backpacking :rotfl2: nope, too heavy, "I'll leave it behind today"

Now I havent analyzied the rest of your plans - but seriously this one has me worried for your sanity - or your feet!!

and I'm completely with you on the changing up of crocs - not sure about maryjanes as my feet are too big for them!! I have the flip flop crocs, and switched up the crocs!!

MGM (arriving around noon):e
-first thing....get fastpasses to RnRC, then go to ToT and get it over with!
-see what time beauty & the beast starts and coordinate that with our RnRC FP time.
-head over to star tours & indiana jones show.Look for the Backstage Restaurant its a Counter service - best cs at MGM - not always open tho - and it gets too crowded right after Indiana Jones lets out - they have beer!
-keep in mind that the parade is at 3:00.
-muppet vision 3-D.
-the great movie ride.
-journey into narnia.
-walt disney – one man’s dream.
-voyage of the little mermaid.
-sci-fi for dinner @ 6:30.
-fantasmic!
-MK has extra magic hours that night (til midnight). we're planning on walking to the boardwalk from MGM (to avoid the masses at the bus stops) and then taking a bus from there to MK. i'm not going to plan these couple of hours at MK - just go with the flow.(already commented... :rolleyes1

epcot:
-first thing......get fastpasses to soarin.if you get there first thing ride standby THEN get FP
-make a beeline across the SE area to get to mission space (i want to do this first thing in the morning so i have plenty of time to recover before lunch in case it makes me queasy!)MS doesnt have lines really
-test track
-innoventions (where we will be sampling that wonderful italian sode and i will purchase my passport book!)
-use Soarin FP somewhere along here (hopefully)
-the sea with nemo & friendsdont let the line scare you, its a small theatre so the line gets backed up quickly its a cute show, but dont feel bad if you have to miss it!!
-le cellier for lunch @ 1:00
-drink our way around WS! :banana: do try the Italian Champagne, never can remember the name - its red!!

DTD:
-catch the bus to DTD marketplace to eat and shop! :cool1:
-wolfgang puck express for dinner.
-places i definitely want to hit: lego imagination center, world of disney (i will be in this store forever!!!!!!) & goofy’s candy company (to buy some treats for later)
-ghirardelli for dessert!no comment peep -
-head to PI.
-places we'll probably go: adventurer’s club, mannequin’s, motion
-we may go over to the west side and check out disney quest before PI if we have time....we'll see.we did DQ when they had one in chicago, the boys loved it!

AK:
-first thing....get fastpasses for EE! not sure where we're going to work in the FP, but we'll make it happen! (hopefully more than once!)so if you are there first thing, do standby, then get the FP
-africa - kilamanjaro safaris (must do early to see animals!)
-africa - pangani forest explorationwe really luv the trails, lots of people skip them
-wildlife express train to rafiki’s planet watchskip this instead!
-planet watch - affection sectio, conservation station, etc.and we do love the behind the scene stuff, but really there isnt much here - eats up a lot of time for just a few interesting things - but it at the bottom of the list for "if there's time we'll do"
-catch train back
-eat late lunch (our dinner ADRs aren't until 8:10!) at pizzafari or flame tree BBQkeep in mind flame tree no a/c Tuskar house by the safari is, and its got fabulous food!
-asia - kali river rapidsponchos or soaked!
-parade is at 4:00 - maybe see this sitting in front of flights of wonder (which we will NOT be seeing because i have an irrational fee of birds!)but its so good, if you sit at the left side up towards the top, you'll enjoy the humor and the conservation aspect - the bird flies from the other side - its an owl! and funny but the "bit" is the tour guide is afraid of birds and they teach the tour guide why birds are so valuable...
-asia - EE (again?)absolutely
-dinoland - dinosaur another thumbs up but where is the Lion King show? Nemo show is a hard one to catch - but do try and fit in Lion King...
-if we have time, go by AKLskip go take a nap and be ready for MK rope drop!!

MK:
-rope drop is at 8:30!!! this is the only rope drop i'm planning on seeing. we like to sleep in!and its hard to get up for, but I just soak up the magic and atmosphere of this opening!!
-first thing.....get fastpasses to space mountain (and maybe even ride it right then if there's no line!) space mountain is one of my favorite coasters...although i've never ridden EE or RnRC, so we'll see what i think after this trip!Space Mountain is a fav, but maybe you should head to Splash then Big Thunder Mt, then make your way over to Space - the lines are nominal these days! due to rnrc and ee!
-head to toontown for characters (get there early)
-get FP to peter pan's flight while in toontown/fantasyland area
-go back to Tommorrowland for space mountain (again?); buzz lightyear; astro orbiter never mind here's Buzz!! have you been to the website for hints???
-head towards fantasyland for mad tea party; snow white’s scary adventures; dumbo (yes, I'm 30 years old with no kids and i AM riding dumbo!); it’s a small world (i'm sorry....but i cannot not ride this ride! too many memories of my little sister and brother singing it!); peter pan (using the FP i hopefully got earlier); mickey’s philharmagicThis may be a long line, but keep in mind the theatre is larger than the Muppet theatre in MGM and can handle crowds... just a lot of waiting... Where is buzz lightyear?
-lunch @ casey’s on main street
-head towards adventureland for swiss family treehouse; jungle cruise; pirates of the caribbean; enchanted tiki room (i can do this because they're fake birds! plus DH has mentioned it a couple of times so we have to do it. i can't disappoint him! besides, it's a good spot for a nap! :lmao: ); magic carpets of aladdin
-frontierland for splash mountain; BTMRRI think if you do sm and btmrr earlier you'll get the adventureland done before 3 otherwise, not so sure!
-parade is at 3:00 – try to get a seat in frontierland – it’s less crowded!
-liberty square for hall of presidents (for DH!); haunted mansion
-dinner at kona café at the poly @ 5:30
-back to MK for rest of night to do whatever!
-get wishes viewing spot under tink’s wire

Very ambitious!! I cant wait for Sept!!

You should think about packing a mini bar, and a mini ice chest since Pop doesnt have refrigerators, we just fill our small rolling (from Sam's Club) cooler and keep some refreshments for 'adult beverages"...
okay. that's it. thoughts?

Thanks for the tip about the Mary Jane Crocs! I am on my feet a lot so I might just get a regular pair. Your hair is so cute!:)

Hi, punkin/Dawn!:yay:

I saw the link in your siggie on the Peeps thread.

Great pretrippie! I cannot wait to hear how your trip went! You are gonna have such a great time!

Your hair is sooo pretty! I love it! I also like your green walls in the background...cool color!:thumbsup2

Your hair is sooo pretty! I love it! I also like your green walls in the background...cool color!:thumbsup2

thanks! green is my favorite color. everyone thought i was crazy for painting my office that color, but when they see it they love it. and if/when i ever get pregnant (probably a very long time from now), this will become a nursery and i've already decided i'm doing a peter pan theme....boy or girl!

You should think about packing a mini bar, and a mini ice chest since Pop doesnt have refrigerators, we just fill our small rolling (from Sam's Club) cooler and keep some refreshments for 'adult beverages"...
okay. that's it. thoughts?

THANK YOU for all the tips! as far as a cooler, we rented a fridge from pop for $10/night, so no worries there.

as far as walking to BW from MGM, this is where i got the idea:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=16927432&postcount=6

it's a response to a question i asked about getting from MGM to MK. i'm thinking it may not be too bad b/c it's just me and DH, so no kiddies to worry about dragging along against their will!

tusker house - i can't do the chicken-on-a-bone thing. i've never been able to. it just grosses me out. i know they have other stuff, but none of it looks appealing to me. besides, we're going to narcoosee's that night so i'm sure we'll eat light for lunch.

there's no way i'm doing flights of wonder!!!!! i don't care if there's a glass wall between me and the birds. ain't gonna happen! i'm telling you....my fear of birds is completely IRRATIONAL! if there are birds lose in a room and i'm in that room, i will NOT be in that room very long!

oh, and i did add festival of the lion king after getting responses about it. so we're totally doing that. the AK nemo show is gonna be a "if we have time" sorta thing.

THANK YOU for all the tips! as far as a cooler, we rented a fridge from pop for $10/night, so no worries there.

as far as walking to BW from MGM, this is where i got the idea:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=16927432&postcount=6

it's a response to a question i asked about getting from MGM to MK. i'm thinking it may not be too bad b/c it's just me and DH, so no kiddies to worry about dragging along against their will!

tusker house - i can't do the chicken-on-a-bone thing. i've never been able to. it just grosses me out. i know they have other stuff, but none of it looks appealing to me. besides, we're going to narcoosee's that night so i'm sure we'll eat light for lunch.

there's no way i'm doing flights of wonder!!!!! i don't care if there's a glass wall between me and the birds. ain't gonna happen! i'm telling you....my fear of birds is completely IRRATIONAL! if there are birds lose in a room and i'm in that room, i will NOT be in that room very long!

oh, and i did add festival of the lion king after getting responses about it. so we're totally doing that. the AK nemo show is gonna be a "if we have time" sorta thing.

I am the exact same way about snakes. I can't even see them on TV. Flame Tree BBQ is really good! The pulled pork sandwich was awesome. I had a hard time getting use to a drink without a straw or a lid at AK though.

OK, yea, read that... tHEY LIE!! Trust me, we stayed at BWV - stand in line for the boat from MGM to Epcot - please, I'm begging you do NOT walk from MGM to EPCOTS monorail... I may be old, but by golly there's a reason, I do have some wisdom!! TAKE THE BOAT... and then get off at EPCOT... enjoy the boat docking at those resorts... talk to people around you... and when you get to Epcot, walk thru the turnstyles, head left... after Canada stay left, past McDonalds take the path left, its the rose walk... then start heading right - then straight, then down again... you know I wonder if I can find a gps map w/ mileage to convince you - MGM to MK walking is not what you want to do...

heck, make out in the boat!! relax, enjoy - then when in Epcot, get some adult beverages - England, canada...

Now for flights of wonder... be careful on the walkway they have the owl out to introduce you to the show... and on one of the trails you can skip the bat enclosure - do... it fascinates dd but it would give you nightmares!!

and one year, come with us to AK we'll be protective of your bird phobia, but you have to hear how the show set up is - it totally takes into account your phobia...

$10 a day for a fridge, or buy one from Walmart for $50 for your next trip... ;) but do bring some goodies to store in there either way - I reccommend champagne!! ;) ;)

OK, yea, read that... tHEY LIE!! Trust me, we stayed at BWV - stand in line for the boat from MGM to Epcot - please, I'm begging you do NOT walk from MGM to EPCOTS monorail... I may be old, but by golly there's a reason, I do have some wisdom!! TAKE THE BOAT... and then get off at EPCOT... enjoy the boat docking at those resorts... talk to people around you... and when you get to Epcot, walk thru the turnstyles, head left... after Canada stay left, past McDonalds take the path left, its the rose walk... then start heading right - then straight, then down again... you know I wonder if I can find a gps map w/ mileage to convince you - MGM to MK walking is not what you want to do...

I think she's walking from MGM just to the BW, and then taking the bus to MK from BW...I don't think she's planning to walk from MGM to Epcot and take the monorail....

Anyway, Dawn, we'll be there the same time, I'll keep an eye out for you. We leave in 6 days for Key West, then heading to Disney 4 days later (5/6). CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!:banana: :banana:

oh, heck no! we're not walking from MGM to MK! that would be an experience! :laughing: we were going to walk from MGM to the BW, then catch a bus from BW to MK. so let me make sure i'm getting this right - you're saying instead to take the boat from MGM to epcot and then get on the monorail to MK? that sounds fine, except i'm worried that we wouldn't be able to get into epcot since we'll be leaving MGM after fantasmic (we're going to MK for EMH that night). would that be a problem -- getting into epcot after 9:00 pm? i looked at the calendar and epcot closes at 9:00 that night. lemme know what you think!

oh, heck no! we're not walking from MGM to MK! that would be an experience! :laughing: we were going to walk from MGM to the BW, then catch a bus from BW to MK. so let me make sure i'm getting this right - you're saying instead to take the boat from MGM to epcot and then get on the monorail to MK? that sounds fine, except i'm worried that we wouldn't be able to get into epcot since we'll be leaving MGM after fantasmic (we're going to MK for EMH that night). would that be a problem -- getting into epcot after 9:00 pm? i looked at the calendar and epcot closes at 9:00 that night. lemme know what you think!

You won't be able to access EPCOT after 9PM - just stick with your original plan to catch a bus from BW. Your other option would be to take a bus from MGM to the GF, Poly, or Contemporary and then take the monorail from there to the MK, but that's a decision I would make based on crowd size.

I really like your pictures :rotfl:

I'll be doing my final shopping (I need some shirts, bf needs new shoes) on saturday and after that, I'm ready to go!

Hope to see you in WDW! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter