How much money to save for tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeaForTulips

DIS Veteran
Hello! We will be a party of 9 (7adults 2 kids) on free dining in September. (regular not deluxe)

I am trying to prepare everyone that we will still need ample tip money. I know this will really differ depending upon restaraunt selections, but can anyone give me the ball park of what your group ended up spending on tips?

Like you were a family of 2 adults and 2 kids for 7 days and spent about $200 on tips. :confused:

I am trying to figure up a ball park and then have everyone save X amount to go towards tips... :confused3 Still figuring out how we're gonna do it.

Any help is appreciated. My only other option is me going through and doing the math on teh average cost of food at each place we plan to eat. :flower3:

If you are all dining together then the gratuity will be added to your check.....so the dining credits will be deducted but a bill will remain with the money owed for gratuity.
As far as what you will need to save for tips varies because of so many factors....If you are eating at a place like Ohanas with a price fix AND not ordering anything "extra" that wouldnt be on the DP like an alcoholic beverage, you could probably figure out a tip on a place that has a set price. But it will vary greatly depending on what people order from different places.
Sorry I could not be more helpful....We went with a large group like that once and just kept charging the gratutity to the room and split it up and paid it at the end....

There is a sticky thread on the main dining board for tipping questions, please read the first post

Your best bet is to review the menus (click on dining above to get to the DIS menus :thumbsup2) to get an idea what the cost is for your meals and go from there.

Specific amounts are considered personal tipping habits and not a topic for this board

thanks and good luck planning! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter