How much is your 2018 trip costing you?

2 nights at Pop Century $307.81
4 nights at GF main building standard room CL with 4 days Park Hopper Plus for 3 Disney adults and 1 Disney child $5557.60 (but Disney upgraded us to the presidential suite at GF for the 4 nights... how do you put a price tag on pixie dust??)
3 days of CL FP for four $600
Gas (drove there, 2200 miles round trip) $250
Hotel rooms during road trip $350
Meal & Snacks about $1100

Grand Total $8165.41
for 4.

affordable?? no.
worth every penny?? definitely yes!

At least 8 day vacation (including at least 2 road days) and you only spent $1100.00 to feed 4 people. How did you accomplish that?

The man's family was upgraded to the Presidential Suite during their stay last Christmas. It made for a great viewing spot for the NYE fireworks!

Last edited:
3 adults
10/16 - 10/29 (13 nights)

Flights
JetBlue BUF - MCO Direct Flights Roundtrip
Used up a credit and paid for Even More Space Seats
$300 USD

Hotels
First Night Offsite - Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista
$180 USD

Disney's Coronado Springs - Standard View Room - 12 nights
$2765 USD with Unique Offer Code from Disney

Tickets & Special Experiences
Annual Passholders - Passes expire December 2018
MNSSHP with AP Discount $300 USD
Typhoon Lagoon with AP Discount $175 USD
Beachcomber Shack Off Season Rate $240 USD

Dining
Estimated Budget of $3000 USD
We do a lot of signature dining, food & wine festival booths etc.

Rental Car
AVIS $350 USD
We won't have to pay for resort parking this time because we booked before it took effect

Parking at Airport
$100 USD

Souvenirs etc.
Estimated Budget of $500 USD

TOTAL Estimated Budget $7910 USD

At least 8 day vacation (including at least 2 road days) and you only spent $1100.00 to feed 4 people. How did you accomplish that?

The man's family was upgraded to the Presidential Suite during their stay last Christmas. It made for a great viewing spot for the NYE fireworks!

We had breakfast, afternoon snack, dinner and evening dessert at the club lounge. So the only OOP cost would be lunch, Mickey bar and churro! since I already paid for it, might as well enjoy it!

That Christmas must be extra magical in that Presidential suite!

We had breakfast, afternoon snack, dinner and evening dessert at the club lounge. So the only OOP cost would be lunch, Mickey bar and churro! since I already paid for it, might as well enjoy it!

That Christmas must be extra magical in that Presidential suite!
Got you on the CL offerings:).
We've been there for breakfast (nice, light, and tasty too!) but generally miss the other times though the kiddos are always more than happy to pack up some trail mix for the road. So thoughtful that the lounge leaves conveniently placed bags and ties nearby.

I'm trying to book most of our dinners early this trip (think "lupper") to better take advantage and taste the evening offerings. Nothing wrong with using some FPs@ Epcot and HS later in the evening either. Our T-Day trip will be spent in an Epcot area hotel so walking off an early meal sounds like a good idea.

It was! I was amazed at the number of terraces and views that suite had. Now if they had only stocked the kitchen bar with booze.........oops:D.

Last edited:

4 "Disney" adults. Our dates were May 25 - June 2.

3 nights at ASSports with military discount $426.
5 nights Poly studio rented from a friend $1100.
4 5 day hoppers military salute $980.

$2506 for room and tickets.

We charged everything back to the room.
Bill at check out from Sports around $800
Bill at check out from Poly around $ 1200

$2000 give or take for food and spending.

Total around $4500 for 8 night trip, not including gas to get there and back (about $300 total for gas).

So much that we canceled this year's 8-day trip and backed out of a DVC contract. We have 1 DVC contract that is active, but the cost of tickets and food has increased so much with little in return that we backed out of the 2nd contract.

My brother and I are going this September from the 9th to the 14th with a room at all-star sports, regular dining plan (1QS, 1TS), and 5-day park hoppers for $1998. Add in $400 for tips, resort parking, and gas, $200 for MNSSHP tickets, and another $400 for spending money for a total of $2998. Not bad but not the best deal I've ever gotten.

Then my mom, dad, brother, and I are going in December for a quick 3 day trip to celebrate my graduation from college and to see the xmas decorations. This one's gonna be expensive! $2336 for a standard view room at AKL plus 2 day tickets. Then probably $1000 for food (and drinks, you know how those add up) and $450 for MVMCP tickets.... plus $400 for tipping, parking, and gas. We're looking at $4186 for a three day trip!!!! And god knows what for spending money (my mom is a big spender). This thread has me rethinking the so-called "deal" we got in December. Lol!

This is probably going to sound insane haha. I did round some of the numbers, up or down, to make them whole numbers without the cents involved.

6 adults and one 2-year-old
Sept. 17 - 25 (4 night Disney Dream, 4 night Disney World stay)

Flights from Philly to Orlando
The 2-year-old has to have a seat

For 7 of us: $2,181

4 nights on the Disney Dream
The price changes depending how many people are in the room and we have 2 rooms, one with 3 people and the other with 4
Both saying in connecting Deluxe Oceanview Staterooms

1 cabin (4 adults): $2,505
1 cabin (3 adults, 1 child): $2,903

Total: $5,408

Disney World Package
Art of Animation Family Suite with the Free Dining Quick Service upgraded to Standard Dining Plan
4-day park hoppers
For 6 adults since the 2-year-old is free

Package total: $5,973

Extras
Round trip ground transfers from Disney, MCO - Port Canaveral, for 6 of us (I think they said the 2-year-old is free?): $450
Memory Maker: $169

Grand Total: $14,181

This is obviously without anything additional, since my family is also considering doing the MNSSHP one night, which would add around an additional $480 with tax, but we're waiting until we're sure about the weather.

And of course this is without souvenirs as I'm sure my entire family will want to buy everything that the 2-year-old wants haha. He's a child that we have babysat since he was 6 months old and we like to spoil him even here at home.

This was a last minute planned vacation and our most expensive over the years, but I'm glad we're doing this since we haven't been to Disney since November 2016.
3 Disney Adults and 1 child- late November 2018

2 nights at Movies, 9 day tickets, memory maker- $2300

7 nights off-site at condo through RCI exchange- $350

Gas for driving- $250 round trip (about 2000 miles)

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party- $417

Food- haven’t figured out budget for this yet

Total excluding food and souvenirs- $3317

I have looked all over the MDE site and mobile app and I cannot find where it shows how much I paid for each night etc.

Here's how I find it...
0xDGUf.png

We are staying for a week: January 5th through the 12th, 2019

Airfare: $0 - we only live 90 miles from the Magic

Gasoline: $50

Tickets: $0 we are annual passholders

Parking: $0 I have a disability tag for my car

Hotel for 7 nights: $1800 Port Orleans Riverside (prior to any Florida Resident discounts being offered in the fall.

Food: the real expense

Breakfast for 8 days: $250

Lunch for 8 days: $320

Dinner for 8 nights: $800

Snacks for 8 days: $250

Drinks for 8 days: $250

Souveniers: $500

Additional Expenses: $500

About $4720 (I bought Disney gift cards at Target for 5% off) but we know we will spend more - after all, it is vacation.

Late July 2018 trip....2 adults, 5 nights Pop Century standard room, partial free QS dining offer, park hopper.....$2,275.

2 adults/2 kids Aug 15 - 23 Wilderness Lodge

Travel Agent package - 8 nights standard room + 6 day 1 park tickets, 1 Water Park ticket - $3430 (I think this was a great deal, but I'm sure we'll be looking at a dumpster out our window!)
Flights from West Coast - $40 tax using miles
Travel Ins - $92
Memory Maker - $169
CRT lunch - $260 (oof! I gave my daughters the choice between EMM and CRT and they chose CRT to my surprise)
Parking at home airport - $120
$50 gift card per child for their souvenirs to quash the gimmies - $100

Food and extras - this is the big question mark. I've accumulated $1,500 in gift cards, $200 in Disney Visa Rewards, and play to put at least $700 on my Disney Visa when you can get a discount. We have at least one TS booked every day, but also aren't huge eaters. Plus we're doing Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I probably should go buy more gift cards before we leave.

Since this is our first trip we have no dessert parties, tours, MNSSHP,etc booked. It will be expensive enough without them! I really wanted to do EMM, but we didn't want to do both CRT and EMM.

I paid for the package with discounted gift cards but I haven't kept track of my savings. Generally I use my Amex for 6% off on groceries and also get fuel rewards.

Well we're back and Disney Food (gross cost not including gift card discounts, but including tips) was a little over $2,400 or $300 a night. We got a Disney Visa 10% discount at a few places. So really we were between the DDP and the regular dining plan plus my total includes tip so I'm pretty sure a dining plan would not have worked for us. We ate at 3 signatures (Artist Point, Narcoossees and CRT). We also ate at Tusker House, Biergarten, Sci Fi, Trails End, Tonys, SAI, Geyser Point, WCC and Kona) and we did 3 counter service mobile orders (not included on dining plan - Pecos Bill, Santuii, and CHH). We skipped breakfast more than I thought we would (didn't like Roaring Forks and had bars/fruit/yogurt in the room) and didn't have nearly as many snacks as I expected. I also enjoyed a wine flight in Territory Lounge a few nights (pretty sure that's excluded from the DP!)

Costs that I didn't anticipate or didn't include above-
  • $100 in souvenirs (2 Christmas ornaments, beach towel)
  • $15 for locker at BB
  • $20 at arcade
  • BBB $138
  • Tips $40
  • Advil in mercantile $7
  • Prime Now order $43
  • Airport food while en route $150 (we had a layover each way and did one sit down meal - this is higher than expected).
The sticker price of our trip was around $6,782 less $210 in Visa rewards and around $550 in gift card discounts (although I did not track this amount very well) we shelled out around $6030 for our 8 night trip.

This is a 3 adult trip my dad is paying for. These are estimates that might be off as a result of taxes, etc.

3 Round trip flights ($600)
2 4-day parkhoppers ($0 - These were from a trip that was cancelled a couple of years ago and are still valid)
1 Military Salute 4-day parkhopper ($250)
3 nights at All Star Movies standard ($500)
Ground Transport ($0 - using DME)

Est total before food: $1350ish I will be contributing $75 in Disney GC I bought in the past. Plan to buy $25 more for an even 100. Might update on food costs post-trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter