How much is your 2016 Disney vacation going to cost you?

1 Adult 1 Child (age 13)
Aug 28th - Sept 2nd (5 nights 6 days)
CBR (King room)
Free Dining Plan
4 day park hoppers
= $2028.92

Rount trip airfare for 2 $821
Airport parking $64.43
Boarding & bath for dog $200

Spending money $300 (we don't spend much on souveniers)

Grand Total = $3,414.35

Actually we are calling this an 'eating vacation'! My 'kids' are 16 and 18 year old boys and we all can't wait to eat our way around the parks :-) They both love and appreciate a great meal. We are even mapping out our snacks - don't want to grab a quick bite at a kiosk only to find a better choice ten minutes later and not be hungry!!
And, thanks! I thought I did a great job as well! Oh, and the food and other incidentals will be paid for with Disney gift cards bought from Target for a 5% discount with my Red Card. I hope the person that checks us in is not put off by having to put $1500 worth of $50 and $100 dollar gift cards onto our account!!

Where do you find the great meals?

We booked last month on first day of Free Dining promo and then recently added a night at the beginning (what a task that turned out to be)

2 Adults, 2 Kids
16-23 December
Caribean Beach Preferred Room
7 Day Park Hoppers with Free dining promotion

$4093.

For comparison, we booked nearly the same in 2011 and 2013

2011, POFQ, 14-21 December, hoppers with Free dining 4 people in one room, $2450
second room for 2 adults was $1950

$4400 total , for 2 rooms and 6 people!!

2013, 5 people at Beach club, was 7 nights, also but was in mid November, grand total was $4850 with 7 day hoppers and free dining.

really did not want to do CBR, but POR and POFQ no offers made it hard, prices really getting high.

2 adults
6 nights @ POFQ week after Thanksgiving
5-day Park Hoppers
Memory Maker
Round-trip flights from EWR
Cabs to and from the airport at home

~$3000

I'm starting to panic over the cost of food though. Wish I had known we were going before FD came out.

10 nights CBR
10 day Hoppers
4 adults
Free DDP
$4200
Airfare around $1300 for 4 RT tix
=$5500 total

I still think a lot of people overlook timeshares and trading as good way to make Disney cheaper. I just traded into 3 weeks in 1BR villas (2 Saratoga springs, 1 animal kingdom lodge Savannah view) and it cost me all in less than $2000. I didn't pay more than $1000 for my timeshares, my dues are less than $400 annually, and I use them regularly outside of Disney too. All of this would have cost me over $11k at normal rates. The drawback with RCI training into DVC is that you have to be flexible when you go and where (I have gotten bay lake tower and beach club before but it's rare now).

We are currently driving home from our first trip using RCI to DVC trade. We got a 7nt $4500 room at SSR for about $600 of fees plus maybe $500 of our timeshare value. I am VERY pleased & plan to continue with this method. I would love to get BLT this way. Do they change up which resorts are open to trade or is it basically any open villa at 1 month out? I'm searching for more info about using RCI for Disney. Thx

10 days, 9 nights
4 Disney adults (2 real adults and a 14 year old and a 12 year old)

1st night at airport Hyatt as we get in at 11:30 pm-free with points
4 round trip, non stop Delta flights-free with miles
8 nights in a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani-$3,263 (rented points from a DVC member for $13 a point)
4 5 day one park a day tickets-$1,287
2 nights at MVMCP-$800
rental car-around $150
Food-I just did some math and probably around $1500, probably more depending on what restaurants we do and the package for CP! Ugh, maybe I shouldn't be adding it all up! Seeing it like this is eye opening.

=around $7000

We are currently driving home from our first trip using RCI to DVC trade. We got a 7nt $4500 room at SSR for about $600 of fees plus maybe $500 of our timeshare value. I am VERY pleased & plan to continue with this method. I would love to get BLT this way. Do they change up which resorts are open to trade or is it basically any open villa at 1 month out? I'm searching for more info about using RCI for Disney. Thx

Mostly only see Saratoga springs, old key West, or animal kingdom lodge. I'm in animal kingdom lodge Kidani now on RCI trade and its room with nice savanna view. If bay lake did show up again, it probably would never show on list as "open searches" would probably be hit first. Personal I think we will only see those I listed n future.

I am pricing out anything between $8,000 to $11,000....augh!!!

We have been trying to make decisions on when we are actually going. We are a family of 5 (me, DH, DS13, DD8 and DS4). We are struggling with where to stay (on or off property). I want more space in our room, but don't want to miss out on making ADR's and Fast Pass reservations. I can't win no matter what we decide.

I keep getting overwhelmed to the point that I don't want to go anymore.

$2,717.00 - 1 room 7 Nights Poly with pin code discount for the wife and I
$784.00 - four 4 day military salute tickets w/ park hopper, 8 days total for both of us
$2,200.00 - Food and spending money. $150 a day each
$223.00 Halloween party tickets on Halloween Night
Airfare free from Disney Visa points
$5,5724.00 this year

I am pricing out anything between $8,000 to $11,000....augh!!!

We have been trying to make decisions on when we are actually going. We are a family of 5 (me, DH, DS13, DD8 and DS4). We are struggling with where to stay (on or off property). I want more space in our room, but don't want to miss out on making ADR's and Fast Pass reservations. I can't win no matter what we decide.

I keep getting overwhelmed to the point that I don't want to go anymore.

We are also a party of 5 (kids 9, 10, and 12) and we're doing a split stay - starting off at CBR and moving to a 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek (booked through Vacation Strategy) for 4 nights. Our total is going to be around $4100 and includes 6 day park hoppers and 6 days of dining plan. We will have a few hundred in additional expenses after we move to bonnet reek but nothing terrible! Think something like that would work for you?

October 2A + 2C
2 Nights at Pop $235
4 Night at CR $1600 :crazy2:
4 AFS Park Hoppers $784
Airline tickets $475 (used SW air miles)
Food $800
Souvenirs $250
Total $4144

2 adults - 1 child (under 3)
5 days/4 nights VGF (Rented DVC Points) - $1,400
airfare from EWR $600
3 day base tickets - $580
Food - Garden grocer delivery $130
Total: $2,710

September, 2 adults
- 7 nights POP w free QS
- 5 day park-hoppers
- airfare from YHZ
Pkg price via WestJet Vacations: ~$2950 CAD (~$2250 USD)

Additional:
~ $120 CAD (~$90 USD) airport parking
~ $200 CAD (~$150 USD) dog kennel
~ $350 USD spending
~ $250 USD table service meals

Grand total: $3090 USD

The Poly? It was back in January when Disney was running a 30% off promotion for spring dates. I was able to combine it with a 20% off coupon on Orbitz. It took a bit of finagling to find dates that would give us the discount but luckily our schedule was flexible (we had to come in on a Wed and leave on a Tues).
Where do you get Orbitz coupons?

It cost me more than I'd like to admit......

May 9-14 5 nights/4 days 1 Universal/IOA day 3 Disney days 6 people
2 nights at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2 rooms club level stayed mostly on points approx $300

3 nights Deluxe Studio Poly
2 rooms with discount $2988

1 Day PTP Pass for 6 people Universal $990
3 Day park hoppers Disney 6 Peeps $2205

Dining 6 people approx $2700
(lunch and dinners at Raglan road, Narcoosees, Tony's, Kona Cafe,
Spice Road Table, Chef's de france, Tutto Gusto, BOG)
Dining at the Disney restaurants has become ridiculously expensive,
especially the signatures)

Total cost ................... $ 9183 (gulp!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter