How much do people REALLY spend on fish extender gifts?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by lovewdwfun, Aug 29, 2018.

1. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

That is a good idea!!

2. Billinaz

Billinaz Moving within sight of Port Canaveral!

Can you share a photo of what you did ?

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. Billinaz

More like a certain PERSON and her abusive controlling.

Snowwhyt and darnheather like this.
  5. disneylove69

disneylove69 DIS Veteran

I got a Pez and loved it. I have also received handmade items, store bought. Those who think it should be more doesnt realize what fE is.

gilsan, darnheather and NOLA_Tink like this.
  6. disneylove69

disneylove69 DIS Veteran

I want to see these flowerpots. Sound cute.

7. eeyoreandtink

eeyoreandtink DIS Veteran

I am assembling in board to save travel space, but I will share when I get back!

8. NOLA_Tink

NOLA_Tink Jambo, y'all!

We were planning to spend $10-15 per cabin, but I found most of my gifts on clearance at Target. So, we'll probably end up spending around $5 per cabin. They're all Disney-inspired fun, useful, or holiday-themed gifts. Lots of Disney Tsum Tsums for the kids, plush princesses, plush Star Wars characters' backpack keychains, Disney movies, Disney pins, and youth-sized Speedo swim goggles (for only 30 cents-$2.50 each!) I also love the idea of "All Hands on Deck" with the deck of cards, so we'll add that into the mix, too. To me, this is just another way to spread cheer and build camaraderie. I'm mainly participating because my DMom & kids would be tickled to be pixie dusted throughout the trip. They are super easy to please and anything would delight them. (As of now, I don't even have a FE pocket for myself & don't think I'll add one.) I'm also going to create a "Take One & Leave One" pin board because that's my favorite Disney park hobby. I've got a lot of Disney holiday-themed pins that I'd love to share. I thought about adding the hanging lollipop holder, but my kids & mom would want one every single time we leave/return to the room...and then there wouldn't be any lollipops left for others, LOL. :upsidedow

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    darnheather likes this.
  9. TiggerBouncy

TiggerBouncy DIS Veteran

I am surprised they are not still on my phone. I will see if I have them on my computer at home or if my wife has a picture of them.

10. Billinaz

Sounds like narcissist Ali is running that. Ignore her and do what you want.

jiminyC_fan and gilsan like this.
  11. Billinaz

Sounds like Ali and her antics. She starts the groups then dictates who can say what, deletes comments, locks threads, and the worst is booting people... some only weeks from the cruise and alienating them from the group of people who are sailing.

Exactly what led to a FB group called Disney Cruise Line Junkies Exiled and Blocked!

12. cadien

cadien DIS Veteran

So people aren't too scared away, there are always FE groups on FB for each cruise that are not run by her in addition to the inevitable one that is.

13. YawningDodo

YawningDodo DIS Veteran

I love these!! That's a fantastic way to personalize it with the favorite character info without going overboard. Small is good!

What's funny in reading this thread is that despite a lot of the post confirming my reasons for not wanting to do FE...I kind of want to do FE. Knowing myself, though, it's kind of a toss-up whether I'd enjoy crafting and preparing gifts or if it would just stress me out. Really depends on how far in advance I manage to get on top of it. The other issue is that we're trying to be a lot more mindful of the things we accept into the house (big Marie Kondo converts) and I'd feel bad tossing gifts if they didn't suit us. Some of the things people have described in this thread would be absolutely darling and I'd love to have. Some I wouldn't keep longer than it took to pack them home. That's not a judgment on anyone's quality of gifts; it's just an inherent issue in buying presents for strangers.

ofcabbagesandkings and gilsan like this.
  14. Cruising Engineer

Cruising Engineer DIS Veteran

We're doing a 3 stateroom family FE for the first time. Reading all the comments back and forth about the open exchanges determined we would keep it within the family. Got some great ideas about dollar store gifts for the 7, 5, and 4 yo.

15. Princess_Iliana_of_Avalor

Princess_Iliana_of_Avalor Super Fan. Dreamer. Lover. Traveller.

Yup! There's a FB group for our cruise with an FE and no restrictions! It all depends on who is running it.

16. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

I’ll have to find that group. I walked away and found another group. Couldn’t take the BS anymore.

As for FE subject. My daughter is an Etsy FE seller (not an advertisement) but she finds most family or cabin gifts range between $10-$20. She cruises with us sometimes and participates in FE groups with her daughters, but doesn’t let people know that she’s a licensed seller. She finds most people pretty much stay with a single cabin gift.