how many steps?

duck_adoo

Mouseketeer
Has anyone worn a fitness tracker during your day at the park? I really want to enjoy our upcoming trip and would like to be healthier before we go so I'm starting my "training". Wondering about how many steps you've accumulated on tour days at the parks. I'm totaling planning to wear mine while we're there too!thanks

DH has worn his fitbit the last couple of visits. i can't remember the number of steps, but we averaged about 8 miles per day at epcot (we were there for food and wine festival), and a little less at magic kingdom. MK obviously is smaller but we did a lot more back and forth walking. We haven't been to the other two parks in a couple of years so no fitbit info on them, sorry. i was really shocked at how much walking we did while at WDW.

Last year for Thanksgiving, we stayed at the GFV and the BWV. While at GFV, I think I averaged around 20k steps a day, but when we were at BWV, I averaged closer to 25k steps. Now, I do enjoy going to the World Showcase in the afternoon as my break, so I will grab an adult beverage and walk around for an hour or two to relax. Also, the amount of steps also depends on where you are staying. At BW, you can walk to Epcot and HS, so I can accumulate more steps.

We have been doing training walks as well. We also did a park up here Memorial Day weekend and we walked 10 miles. Our training walks have been about 5 miles (we go after dinner and my children are still in school so that is about all of the time we have) and we were all fine at the park that day, no complaints. The park we were at (Dorney) had a lot of hills. My children did ask if Disney had hills and I could not remember?

We have been doing training walks as well. We also did a park up here Memorial Day weekend and we walked 10 miles. Our training walks have been about 5 miles (we go after dinner and my children are still in school so that is about all of the time we have) and we were all fine at the park that day, no complaints. The park we were at (Dorney) had a lot of hills. My children did ask if Disney had hills and I could not remember?

Oh boy, those hills at Dorney are killer! Nothing at Disney can compare but AK does have some inclines.

Disney doesn't really have any hills per say as it is mostly swamp land, but that does't mean there are not gentle grades. For example, to get over the waterways, there are bridges one must climb. I looked back at my fitbit and I averaged about 12 flights of stairs everyday. However, I'm a big fan of taking stairs whenever possible, so I would say maybe 6-7 flights would be average. I also will say AK does have some gentle inclines as does Epcot to get up to some pavilions.

18k-21k at all parks except Epcot which was 24k-27k. We tend to meander all around the park though, back and forth. It would be less if you covered it in a more systematic way.

Always!

We are kind of crazy commando types and averaged about 17000 steps a day on our last trip (with a horrifying 26,423 steps on one particularly grueling day). I'm badly out of shape right now and have started to work on putting something together to get myself ready for our April trip.

We did between 20,000 and 25,000 each day while there.

I do between 17,000 and 20,000 most days at home and it's a breeze but.....that many steps at Disney kicked our butts!! :teeth:
I'm not sure if because of all the stopping, standing, etc., but my body hurt and were were exhausted at the end of the day. We ended up skipping plans one morning just because I couldn't face the walk from Beach Club to Future World in Epcot! :p

Moral of the story, take it easy when you start to feel tired.

Last trip I did 71 miles in 7 days! I don't have the number of steps available at the moment, but mile wise, looks like we do about 10 miles a day.

Okay. I'm badly out of shape, but the day I hit 20000 steps, I thought I was going to die! I keep promising myself that I'm going to start walking more at home, but after that day, I'm going to do it. I never want to go through that again! Walking from Via Napoli to the bus back to AKL almost killed me. :D Could I have walked any farther? ;)

I have a Fitbit Flex that I wore to Disney last year. This was a very slow paced vacation. We followed DD's pace and just did what she wanted to do. This meant lots of character meets. She was 4 at the time. I averaged 18,600 on a short 4 day trip.

Has anyone worn a fitness tracker during your day at the park? I really want to enjoy our upcoming trip and would like to be healthier before we go so I'm starting my "training". Wondering about how many steps you've accumulated on tour days at the parks. I'm totaling planning to wear mine while we're there too!thanks

We did 10,000 on a partial tour day yesterday.

We parked really close to the front at DHS and walked in. Went to RNR then to pick up our poster by Toy story and then out of the park to the boat dock. Boat to EPCOT.

Walk to Les Halle then to
Test track then through the countries and lunch. Then dessert then out and boated back to DHS.

This was about 3 miles or so and was a light day for us. It actually did not feel that long. But for perspective, EPCOT is a mile from front entrance to back of the park, so our numbers were correct for 2 parks on a LIGHT day.

For training thinking of my marathon training, if you can get to wear you can walk to 3-5 miles a day, then parks will be pretty easy. But even a couple miles of day will help if you are concerned.

Steps were tracked via an app on my husband's iPhone. I don't know what it is called, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter