how many steps?

We did between 20,000 and 25,000 each day while there.

I do between 17,000 and 20,000 most days at home and it's a breeze but.....that many steps at Disney kicked our butts!! :teeth:
I'm not sure if because of all the stopping, standing, etc., but my body hurt and were were exhausted at the end of the day. We ended up skipping plans one morning just because I couldn't face the walk from Beach Club to Future World in Epcot! :p

Moral of the story, take it easy when you start to feel tired.

I believe it's the standing that gets to me, personally. The walking is fine.

Last trip was Easter Sunday. We flew in that day and got to mk around 6, so my numbers include airports and the hotel, but 5+ hours sitting on a plane, and at least 2 hours in car transportation. We did stay at the park until the 1 am closing. I was at 20,117 steps/9.5 miles.

I leave Thursday and I'm wearing a Fitbit for the first time in Disney! I'm interested to report back my step count. I'm anticipating 4 busy park days of open to close!

My mom wore a fitbit during our trip from May 29-June 6. We had seven park days, an evening at Downtown Disney, and two airport mornings. She logged 62 miles over the course of the trip and our most active day was over 22,000 steps at the Magic Kingdom. The best thing we did to save a few steps was that we took the boat from Epcot's World Showcase International Gateway entrance to Hollywood Studios and then walked to the bus stops there rather than walking all the way back to the front of Epcot for a bus. We decided that was our most genius move of the trip as that walk from the back of WS is a killer after a long day!

That is a lot, kudos and I think you are getting that because of your Epcot patterns.

Just spent a week in May. We averaged about 12-15,000 with most the day at the park and that was impacted by having DS who is disabled with us. He needs more breaks. The 24 hour day was closer to 25,000.

Also don't forget it is affected by your arm swings since it really can't count your steps. My other DS swings more than DD so we found even walking the same distance can have big differences.

Actually, I have a fitbit one, so I don't have the extra counting from the swinging. I prefer to clip to my pocket and go from there. I day I did get over 30k steps, but I think was a day at Epcot in the morning, then HS in the evening to see osborne's, then back to Epcot for illuminations. I did all that without any transportation, so that was my own suffering. However, there are quite a few in my office who are friends, so we have a nice competition to see who can get the most steps.

15 miles. Brought a commando touring teen. We stay rope drop til closing each day.

That's me too! My hubby refers to me at Disney (not so lovingly) as "Commander Reed!" We don't go that often so I want to get my money's worth! (and since this will be our most expensive trip yet....I see a world of hurt coming for someone)

On our MNSSHP day last September, I passed the 38,000 step mark. That it the most steps I've taken in a day. And my then-eight-year-old was with me for every step of it. The crowd level was so low, we just jumped from ride to ride, so we didn't have a lot of time wasted standing around. The rest of our days were in the 22,000 to 30,000 range.

On a side note, WDW gave me the most steps, but walking up the hills in SF gave me the most credit for stairs climbed. I got the 150 floor badge for one day of a recent SF trip.

I have one on my cell phone and from Thursday 6/11 to Sunday 6/14 I had a total of 60,000 steps while at Disney. I walked many times from Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios and back.

My friend and I usually average about 18,000 a day. Some days it's as high as 23,000, others as low as 13,000.....if you can call that 'low'!!!!

Definitely depends on your agenda or touring style. But generally we were about 16-18k at EP on Monday. HS yesterday we did more SWW shows so we didn't walk as much. Busch Gardens plus Polynesian Beach fireworks and a monorail tour (the free magic kingdom tour for our friends) was a hum dinger of a day.

Oh, in April, my Twinkie and I had one day to HOP (hers was a single day hop) and we got to MK ticket center at 7:30am, thru the ropes at 8:02, started at MK, hopped to AK, hopped to EP, hopped to HS for our fun n awesome FPs, were able to catch Illuminations from the HS parking lot, hopped back to MK until closing at 1am, back to ticket center by about 1:30am and home by 2am. Twinkie wore her tracker. It was a personal best of over 4000 cals burned! AND over 24,000 steps! Like close to a half marathon! It was such a great day, we ate real healthy and it kept us going until we had a delightful chef make us killer Gluten Free pizzas at Pizza Planet and splurged on a The CLAW drink which I totally recommend. We took a double Twinkie selfy after every attraction too. What a fun day. And what a fit day! (Can't wait for Twinkie to come back!)

FYI, ours is a body bugg originally designed for Biggest Loser contestants. It's extremely accurate, you can only wear it on your upper arm, its much more than a pedometer altho of course it includes that too. I like the sleep metrics it takes, its definitely right on there too.

Sadly, I've found that even though I literally can walk 30 miles a week in the parks, its weirdly not enough for fitness. (And this is someone who eats/drinks VERY cheaply and GF. I've only gotten the GF pizza once this yr. I usually get the salmon and broccoli most times and no soda.)

The only way I can increase my fitness is an outright intense run with the dogs followed up by gym weight training after, I that case, I start to notice a difference in my physique. I think even though we are on our feet a lot, unless we are running in the parks (as you know, occasionally you are to hit a FP return etc), that will get my heart rate up and that will boost what my body bugg calls moderate activity, but if I run long enough will have enough mets for Vigorous activity (which a walk will not produce enough of.)

So weirdly to say, unless I get up early and do my 2 mile run up the hills followed by my gym routine BEFORE I hit the parks (which I do, because they need their exercise and so do I), the parks weirdly don't count any fitness for me. It's got to reach that very high level of intensity among with resistance training to help.

Of course, anything is better than sitting on your can all night on the couch, and we have so much fun at the parks !

I do think i built some quad muscle at Busch Gardens on Thursday. We had SO little time to do everything in that massive park that it was a VERY fast power walk if not run most of the day. My quads were sore the next day so that's a good sign.

I think this is a huge factor as well.

This will be our first trip (tomorrow!) using some sort of step/mileage tracking, so I will have to see how much walking we actually do at Disney. I would guess it's higher than average because we go to at least two parks plus explore the resorts each day. But I walk at least 13K steps daily at home and I never have sore feet or am tired like I can get at Disney. I believe that's due more to standing uncomfortably waiting for attractions or transportation, which isn't really something you can "train" for at home.

Has anyone worn a fitness tracker during your day at the park? I really want to enjoy our upcoming trip and would like to be healthier before we go so I'm starting my "training". Wondering about how many steps you've accumulated on tour days at the parks. I'm totaling planning to wear mine while we're there too!thanks

Yes using a Basis B1 band this last March. For our MK day which was the longest we racked up 13,800 steps (roughly 6.5 to 7 miles) all other days we averaged 10k steps.

I totally agree!! I'm fine walking. My feet/legs might start to hurt or burn a bit, but mostly, moving feels good. It's the standing in line that makes my feet ache so much!! My heels and arches are killing me by the end of the day, and waiting for the buses is torture!

We averaged about 20,000 steps a day with the highest being 25,000 at Epcot. It was a lovely thing to be able to eat what I wished and still drop 10lbs while there (DD lost 7).

I have a low tech pedometer that counts steps. Does anyone know how many steps equal 1 mile.
I read on a few sites that average steps per mile is between 1500-2000..... And since I don't wear a fitbit I usually calculate roughly by miles.... I just know at Disney it's a whole bunch! and that it's about a mile straight around world showcase....

I agree on the standing.... my DH hates the standing on concrete feeling his feet and legs get.... it's much easier if you do more walking,less standing.

Has anyone worn a fitness tracker during your day at the park? I really want to enjoy our upcoming trip and would like to be healthier before we go so I'm starting my "training". Wondering about how many steps you've accumulated on tour days at the parks. I'm totaling planning to wear mine while we're there too!thanks

According to my husband's Fitbit we average 9-11 miles per day and we do not rush and we also tend to do rope drop, but we leave around 5-6 for the day. So you could easily do more of you went from rope drop to closing.

I walk 2-3 miles a day 6 days a week and I do not get sore at Disney nor do I get blisters (I think shoes are just as important as being in shape on the blister side). I'm am 40-something but always wear my Altra's at Disney.

We did anywhere between 15k-20k daily. On NYE this past year we did 38K at MK! We may have done more but I forgot my FitBit and sometimes we found my boyfriend's pedometer on his phone didn't track absolutely everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter