how many steps?

My daily goal was set at 14,000. I hit it right at dinner time most days at WDW. My highest days were our Epcot days. I never went over 25,000.

We did
22474 (this was the 24 hour day)
15146 ( recovering from 24 hour day)
14040 (departure day)

But we did even more at DL

I got my step counter after my last trip to Disney but before a trip to Universal. We averaged 15,000 steps/day. I can't wait to measure MK, AK, DHS, and EPCOT in a couple weeks!

In May I was around 12,000 to my highest day being 20,000, and all this was counted on my vivofit. I normally walk 10,000 - 13,000 steps a day, during when I have classes in the fall/spring. However, the 12,000 at disney I found to be MUCH different than the 13,000 I'd walk during my school day.

We are slow and stay 2 weeks, so we usually are between 5 and 12 miles. I think the last 12 miles was hitting AK and then going to MNSSHP

Last year for Thanksgiving, we stayed at the GFV and the BWV. While at GFV, I think I averaged around 20k steps a day, but when we were at BWV, I averaged closer to 25k steps. Now, I do enjoy going to the World Showcase in the afternoon as my break, so I will grab an adult beverage and walk around for an hour or two to relax. Also, the amount of steps also depends on where you are staying. At BW, you can walk to Epcot and HS, so I can accumulate more steps.

That is a lot, kudos and I think you are getting that because of your Epcot patterns.

Just spent a week in May. We averaged about 12-15,000 with most the day at the park and that was impacted by having DS who is disabled with us. He needs more breaks. The 24 hour day was closer to 25,000.

Also don't forget it is affected by your arm swings since it really can't count your steps. My other DS swings more than DD so we found even walking the same distance can have big differences.

On our 10 night trip last Septmeber, my low day when we just stayed around the resort was about 7000. My high day was around 31,000. That day we walked from YC to DHS then back to YC then to Mexico in Epcot to eat then to the front of the park to take the monorials to MK and then an entire vening walking around MK for MNSSHP. Most days, I was in the high teens to low twenties.

I wore a Fitbit the last time I went and it was between 10 - 17,000 steps

We also did about 15-20K each day, with the DHS day being the day with the least steps. We had one day with over 25K and we were exhausted by then. LOL.

I forgot my fitbit on our last WDW vacation, but I had it when my daughter and I were there for a cheer competition a couple of months ago. On the days we went to the parks I averaged about 21,000 steps, which is quite a bit more than I do at home!

28000 on a magic kingdom day, but that Included going back to the contemporary for an afternoon rest

Hubby wore his fitbit during our trip last month! We averaged 20k step each day! :)

I have a low tech pedometer that counts steps. Does anyone know how many steps equal 1 mile.

My trip in July will be the first time I will have a fitbit on me. I'm interested to see how much I cover. It may not be as much as I expect since I will be solo. But I find this amazing...my ex did all 4 parks in one day recently and he had 32K steps. I believe it was around 20 miles.

In March, I wore a Fitbit and averaged 15-17K steps per day. Highest was 24K when MK was open until 3am. We stayed at AOA and AOA bus stop is the last stop at all parks so from the bus stop to park gates was a hike in itself.

My easy estimate is one mile walked for each hour spent touring the park (not including time at sitdown meals, and more miles added if you have long walks between the park and car/bus).

But it's not just the steps/miles, it's also the time spent on your feet that is tiring.

Has anyone worn a fitness tracker during your day at the park? I really want to enjoy our upcoming trip and would like to be healthier before we go so I'm starting my "training". Wondering about how many steps you've accumulated on tour days at the parks. I'm totaling planning to wear mine while we're there too!thanks
15 miles. Brought a commando touring teen. We stay rope drop til closing each day.

See me trip report for daily counts. Link in my signature. Top day was around 22,000. At home. I average about 13.,000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter