How Many One Time Use Points Can I Purchase?

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.
I believe the new OTU point price is $19 and can use at 7 months.
How many points can I purchase at the time of booking?

Thank you.

Per membership, if I am correct. Does that mean that someone with two separate UYs could purchase a total of 48, and then transfer the other 24 over?

I believe that's correct but not certain how it works really. You can only buy them when making a reservation so would have to be making a reservation with both memberships? Or separate reservations, then cancel, then move the OTU points?? Not sure, but I know there are others who will know better than myself (I've never bought any personally).

I believe that's correct but not certain how it works really. You can only buy them when making a reservation so would have to be making a reservation with both memberships? Or separate reservations, then cancel, then move the OTU points?? Not sure, but I know there are others who will know better than myself (I've never bought any personally).

Me either. Nor do I have 2 memberships. Just having fun thinking about the rules of the system. That sort of transaction would only affect a very small amount of people anyway.

Thank you all. I was able to find it on the website.

I have two contracts, same resort and UY. Im guessing I can only purchase the 24. Is this correct.

Thank you all again.

Thank you all. I was able to find it on the website.

I have two contracts, same resort and UY. Im guessing I can only purchase the 24. Is this correct.

Thank you all again.

I'm pretty sure. As long as they are under a ".0, .1" sort of relationship, they are still considered one entity for this purpose.

Wait .. what? I had no idea this existed We are new dvc and I was wishing we had bought 10-20 more ..
so much to learn completely overwhelmed
Just remember you can’t use them during the home resort advantage period (only for reservations
made at 7months or less) and you have to call member services to buy them and make the reservation (they won’t show up online). So while they can be helpful from time to time they aren’t the same as your own points.

Wait .. what? I had no idea this existed We are new dvc and I was wishing we had bought 10-20 more ..
so much to learn completely overwhelmed

If you are short on points when making a desired reservation at 7 months out, you can purchase what are called "one time use points" (OTUPs) from DVC to complete your reservation, which are points DVC has in its own inventory. See https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/one-time-use-points/how-to/ The maximum you can purchase per membership is 24 per use year. To be able to make the purchase, you have to call MS when doing the reservation that includes the OTUPs and thus you cannot do it online at 8 a.m. but need to wait until 9 a.m. OTUPs cannot be transferred (which is typically not possible anyway since you can only purchase them when making a reservation, i.e., you cannot first purchase them, then transfer them, and then make a reservation). If you have two separate membership numbers (which results when your purchase points in a different use year from the one you originally owned), you can purchase up to 24 points per membership.

Last edited:
I have another question regarding the OTUPs.

If I use my points and a combination of the OTUPs for a reservation, just say for 80 points at one resort, can I WL another resort for the same amount/little less points? Or do the OTUPs have to stay with the original reservation in which they were made?

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter