How long will line be for ROtR at rope drop?

We’ve always saved the biggest headliners for end of day. I get the argument that it could be down, but my experience has been that it is most often down mid day. We were there though in 2020 when they had the big lightening strike that took it down for several days.

We walked on rise twice at rope drop on our last trip. One of those times we were second in line to tap in. The boards seem to use the term "rope drop" differently than I think of it. Are you at the front at opening? In my mind that's rope dropping. If you're at the back, that's arriving at park open which to me isn't the same thing. I'm also not getting a leisurely coffee😉.
So i am not even sure I asked the correct question. I read the Star Wars post and it states you need to be in a virtual queue and sign up through the MDE app? So can you go to the ride at rope drop or do you need the virtual queue?

So i am not even sure I asked the correct question. I read the Star Wars post and it states you need to be in a virtual queue and sign up through the MDE app? So can you go to the ride at rope drop or do you need the virtual queue?
You no longer need the virtual queue for Rise, you can use the standby line.

We got in line at 8:50PM and waited 13 minutes, yes I counted. lol. Just putting that out there as a strategy to try. We were offsite and the ILL sold out before we could book one.

We were there last week--park open was 8:30, early entry for resort guests was 8 a.m. We got to the gate at 7:30 a.m. and stood in line there for about 15 minutes before they started letting people in. We immediately booked it (not running, but walking at a pretty fast pace) back to Star Wars to get in line for ROTR. By the time we got there I couldn't believe how long the line was. We waited in line for 65 minutes. It was a ride unlike something I have ever been on and I am glad that we got to experience it, but I thought getting there that early would have saved us more time from waiting in line. Not sure I would wait for over an hour or longer again for it. We did ride Smugglers Run right after and that was a 45 minute wait by the time that we were done with ROTR. It definitely sucked up our morning.

We were there last week--park open was 8:30, early entry for resort guests was 8 a.m. We got to the gate at 7:30 a.m. and stood in line there for about 15 minutes before they started letting people in. We immediately booked it (not running, but walking at a pretty fast pace) back to Star Wars to get in line for ROTR. By the time we got there I couldn't believe how long the line was. We waited in line for 65 minutes. It was a ride unlike something I have ever been on and I am glad that we got to experience it, but I thought getting there that early would have saved us more time from waiting in line. Not sure I would wait for over an hour or longer again for it. We did ride Smugglers Run right after and that was a 45 minute wait by the time that we were done with ROTR. It definitely sucked up our morning.

What did Tobs do wrong here.That seems like a long wait for that early in the morning. Should they have arrived even earlier?

I’d still much rather wait until later in the day when we can just stroll up and wait 10 or 15 minutes and avoid the crowds and the running.

If you are staying onsite and can take advantage of the half- hour early entry for resort guests, then rode dropping Rise can work to minimize time in the Rise queue. But you have to get there very early and be at the front of the line, and yes you will be waiting for the park to open.

We were there the last week of July. We arrived around 7:00 and were the first in line at our entry turnstile. We were not the first to arrive, some other parties were in line at other turnstiles but the far right one was empty so we headed there. Official opening was 8:30 ( I think) so the official "early" opening for resort guests was 8:00. They let resort guests in through the turnstiles around 7:30. We walked quickly, (didn't run, but didn't meander either) and walked right into the ride, and I believe we were the first ride group of the day.

We did this two different days. The first day, we were off of Rise and were able to go right to Mickey and Minnie and ride that without a wait, then rode Toy Story Mania as a walk- on. By the time we got off that, all ride wait times were high. The second day we got off Rise, went directly to Smugglers Run, and walked on that. By the time we got off that we headed to Slinky, which already had a 25 minute wait.

We did not do any ILL or G+, so I can't comment on that. I will say that while we were in line, at 7:00, other guests around us were frantically trying to book Rise on their phones and many were frustrated, having difficulty doing so.

If you are staying onsite and can take advantage of the half- hour early entry for resort guests, then rode dropping Rise can work to minimize time in the Rise queue. But you have to get there very early and be at the front of the line, and yes you will be waiting for the park to open.

We were there the last week of July. We arrived around 7:00 and were the first in line at our entry turnstile. We were not the first to arrive, some other parties were in line at other turnstiles but the far right one was empty so we headed there. Official opening was 8:30 ( I think) so the official "early" opening for resort guests was 8:00. They let resort guests in through the turnstiles around 7:30. We walked quickly, (didn't run, but didn't meander either) and walked right into the ride, and I believe we were the first ride group of the day.

We did this two different days. The first day, we were off of Rise and were able to go right to Mickey and Minnie and ride that without a wait, then rode Toy Story Mania as a walk- on. By the time we got off that, all ride wait times were high. The second day we got off Rise, went directly to Smugglers Run, and walked on that. By the time we got off that we headed to Slinky, which already had a 25 minute wait.

We did not do any ILL or G+, so I can't comment on that. I will say that while we were in line, at 7:00, other guests around us were frantically trying to book Rise on their phones and many were frustrated, having difficulty doing so.
So was ROTR open during the 30 minutes of early entry? The info on WDW info states it is not one of the early entry rides?

That web page has apparently not been updated accurately. RotR is included (open) during early entry, although it has sometimes been down early in the morning. See the official Disneyworld web site. Scroll down to "What's Available at the Theme Parks" and "Disney's Hollywood Studios".

We do the Hour early wait on occasion in the summer. Just so much cooler. But we also leave mid to late morning. Then come back at night, and yes we do the 8:50 PM thing as well.

What happens if ROTR goes down on the 8:50/last ride of the night strategy? Do they let you come back the next day - even if your pass is for a different park? Just wanted to understand the risk/pro and con to early morning vs end of night. Def want to hit that ride, but dont have multiple days at HS

What happens if ROTR goes down on the 8:50/last ride of the night strategy? Do they let you come back the next day - even if your pass is for a different park? Just wanted to understand the risk/pro and con to early morning vs end of night. Def want to hit that ride, but dont have multiple days at HS
You can only return to the park if you have a Park Hopper Ticket. If you want to do this ride and you only have 1 day at DHS, then I would recommend paying for the ILL or trying to do it during EMH in the morning.

You can only return to the park if you have a Park Hopper Ticket. If you want to do this ride and you only have 1 day at DHS, then I would recommend paying for the ILL or trying to do it during EMH in the morning.
TY for the info - good advice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter