How long were you on hold?

LGS33

Earning My Ears
If you booked for Summer 2024 over the phone today, how long did you have to wait on hold?
Thank you!

Thank you! I'm calling tomorrow and hoping not to wait too long on hold! I have a placeholder or I would book on-line!

I had 2 very different experiences - I booked online for our first room but no one else in my family had set up logins, so they didn't have Castaway status tied to them - so I had to call to get our second room (family of 6). Called at 0800 and was on hold for 2 hours. Was about to transfer the call to my son to go to a meeting when they picked up - got it done!

Called back yesterday afternoon around 1500 to make a couple of minor changes, no wait - got right through.

I called at 9:15am, waited 15 minutes before someone picked up. I was surprised how fast it was and mentioned that to the CM on the phone. She asked if I was silver the last time I called in and I said I was. She explained the platinum and gold booking days are usually pretty mild but there are so many more silver guests that day is usually insanely busy for them. Hope it isn’t too bad tomorrow but sounds like they are bracing for a pretty high call volume tomorrow…

She explained the platinum and gold booking days are usually pretty mild but there are so many more silver guests that day is usually insanely busy for them.
That makes sense. We got to book on platinum day last year because we were going with my in-laws, but this was our first time to book on Gold day. Now the TA does it anyway, but I hadn’t thought about the drop off in the number of Castaway club members, because a lot of the cruises we go on seem to have a zillion platinum members, although those are usually the longer ones.

Are we not able to book online this week? Every time I check I get the seven dwarfs and a note saying the page is temporarily unavailable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter