How long to get deposit refund?

Note, that is business days. So holidays/weekends are not counted in that number.

Often it is faster. Sometimes it is slower. Just depends on your bank. If it is a credit card it could take a statement or two for it to show.

I've had refunds within a few days and another reservation that took almost two weeks. It will eventually go through.

There is no rhyme or reason, IMO. I used the same credit card for two different reservations. I canceled both on the same day within minutes of each other. One refund took three business days and the other took ten.

I recently canceled my resort room only reservation for next year and I had my refund in less than a week. That's just my one and only experience with this, and I know it can vary.

Thank you all for your responses. It took three days for my credit card co. to be notified. This was a room only reservation that I needed to rebook with changes.
Happy that I’m still going to WDW! Happy Thanksgiving!

Just adding for the benefit of anyone else who might want info: I've canceled lots of Disney resort ressies over the years (constant plan tweaker, here), and have always gotten the refund back onto a debit card within just a few days. I've gotten credit card refunds within a calendar week. Disney tells you it could take up to 2 statement cycles, but I've never had Disney refunds take long at all.

I know this thread is somewhat old, but I thought I'd share my experience for others that will search for this in the future. I cancelled a room only reservation on Saturday, February 24, and the refund appeared on my online credit card account on Friday, March 2 as a refund on Tuesday, February 27. So I assume the refund was issued by WDW on 2/27 and applied by my CC bank on 3/2.

By the way, I found this thread very helpful, and I appreciate all the previous posts' answers.

Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts