How long is a DAS valid?

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
I received mine March 5. Can I register now for my 2 advanced selections for my May 14 trip?

Do you have an annual pass? If so, the DAS is valid for 60 days. You have to wait for it to expire to do the renewal.
I currently have DAS on my MK and my husband's MK is attached. I think my DAS will be expiring next month when I'm going with my sister (who will use a 3 day ticket). So will I have to visit guest services in the morning with my sister to add her to my DAS and then again in the evening when my husband joins us in the parks?

I currently have DAS on my MK and my husband's MK is attached. I think my DAS will be expiring next month when I'm going with my sister (who will use a 3 day ticket). So will I have to visit guest services in the morning with my sister to add her to my DAS and then again in the evening when my husband joins us in the parks?

No. When you renew, you can add your husband then. You will only have to visit Guest Relations once to renew and add your friend. We recently renewed without my husband present and when they scanned my son's Magic Key, the CM was able to see who was attached last time and simply asked if the same people were being attached again. My husband had not entered the park yet, but later once he did, he was part of the DAS party. Just make sure you also have your husband's MK barcode in your app.

No. When you renew, you can add your husband then. You will only have to visit Guest Relations once to renew and add your friend. We recently renewed without my husband present and when they scanned my son's Magic Key, the CM was able to see who was attached last time and simply asked if the same people were being attached again. My husband had not entered the park yet, but later once he did, he was part of the DAS party. Just make sure you also have your husband's MK barcode in your app.
Oh good. That's perfect. Thank you!

Do you have an annual pass? If so, the DAS is valid for 60 days. You have to wait for it to expire to do the renewal.
Do you usually renew your DAS to get the preselected times for your next trip at 30 or 60 days out? For annual pass holders.... Wondering if they will let me do the preselected rides or not at more than 30 days out? First time having a Magic Key.

Do you usually renew your DAS to get the preselected times for your next trip at 30 or 60 days out? For annual pass holders.... Wondering if they will let me do the preselected rides or not at more than 30 days out? First time having a Magic Key.
What's a Magic Key?

We only ever renew in person. We don't do the DAS pre-selections. No point. We are basically weekly visitors.

To get registered for DAS using video registration, you contact them in the window of 30 days to 2 days before your first park visit. According to the website information, the 30 to 2 day window period applies for making DAS Advance Selections, with ALL park visits needing to be in that window.
Experiences have varied; Some guests have been told the CM can only follow what the website says; some CMs have made them for the entire visit. The last visit we made, the CM said he could not do more than 7 total days, even though all our park days were in the window.

60 days is the maximum DAS registration is authorized for

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter