How long does it take to get a refund

DizMom11

Dear Hayel, Sara, and Michael, Please have patienc
I was thinking of cancelling a package and getting room only. I need the money from the package by 8/16 since that is when I would check in under my room only res. Does anyone have any experience with this? Will I get my refund in time? I don't want to take a chance. Do they charge the balance on check in?

Are you saying that you already have a package paid in full and are set to check in on 8/16? Or that 8/16 is the date your final payment is due?

With a package ressie (room/tix/dining/etc) you are required to pay in full before 45 days out. From 6-45 days if you cancel I believe it is a $100 fee. Within 5 days I believe it is a $200 fee (unless it is a GG event, then no refunds within 5 days).

All of this should be laid out in your confirmation. I am at work, and don't have my confirmation paperwork in front of me, so please, someone correct me if any of my numbers are off.

If your final payment isn't due till 8/16 then you can cancel and rebook with no penalty.

If you rebook at a room only, you can just pay the deposit and pay the rest in full when you arrive. But keep in mind that any discounts/special packages you were using will be lost.

I have a package payed for and I am checking in on 8/16 - however my plans have changed and it would be better if I could do a shorter stay with room only. I would be going from the CBR with free dining to the BWI club level with an AP discount. I am just nervous that I won't get the refund from the package in time to pay for the room only when I check in. And vacation is not about being worried things won't work out!

I did the exact same thing - cancelled a reservation with free dining and a one day base ticket, and rebooked a room only. I cancelled and rebooked on July 30th - the credit has already come through on my credit card. However, when I did all this, they did say that it could possibly take up to 2 billing cycles.

Disney845 is right, any cancelations or modifications within 6-45 days from your check-in is a $100 per reservation fee, if the cancelation or modification happens 0-5 days from your check in date, then the fee is $200 per reservation. So if your check in date is 8/16, any changes that you make will cost you $100 if you do it today, tomorrow or Monday, if you wait and make the changes on Tuesday or later, it will cost you $200. You can make whatever changes you want to make, change pin codes, hotels, etc and you just pay the fee to do it.

If I am ready your info right, the date that you are checking into the hotel is 8/16? right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter