How long do you usually stay?

wow
you go basically ever 2 yrs and stay for 2-3 weeks
i would consider that pretty sweet

We live in a tiny apartment and get by on the bare essentials so we can go (still very lucky though I know). We had a big gap of 6 years between two of the trips - stuck on this tiny island (UK)! Also, because we come from the UK, when you factor in the flight costs (and time) it works out much better to visit for longer but a bit less often (although some lucky people on the UK trip planning board visit much more often and with similar length stays!). The only reason we're able to do this year is because it's part of our wedding (which our parents are paying for). We won't be going back for at least 3 (if not 6) years after this trip. Back to European trips for a while - way more affordable!

Wow I wish I could stay for 10 days like the most of you! Our first two trips were only 4 days, but the next trip we're going crazy and doing 6 days :)

be4 we use to drive to disney and it took about 18 hr drive, so we left sat morning, took a rest in a hotel, then we leave and get there sunday afternoon, then we drove back home the next sat, so thats 6 nights, but last trip we flew for the first time:goodvibes so it was 7 nights:D , but i hope one day to do a 14 night stay;)

We usually stay on Disney property for 4 nights, 5 days, but then we'll move to a villa in Kissimmee, so might do another Disney day or two while we're staying there.

You guys go for a long time! As much as I love WDW, I'm not sure I could handle being on property without a car for 2 weeks!

Mainly 14 nights each year! :cool1: Travelling from the UK, its a long flight so we like to make the most of it while we are there! If my hubby has the spare time off work, we have crammed 7 nights in a couple of times as well but it is never long enough for us! :rolleyes:

Our shortest was 9 nights and the longest was 35 nights, with most lasting 14 nights. I still didn't want to leave at the end of our 5 week stay. Definitely didn't get bored and would happily stay for that long again.

Unfortunately we're back to 14 night vacations now :sad1:

As has been pointed out by others from the UK, the cost of the flights for us makes it much more worthwhile staying for 2 weeks or more.

Five nights and six days is just right for me. I see everything I want and am ready to come home.

If we were only doing 7 or 8 days, there's no way I'd try to fit in non-disney parks. We get tired and burnt out if we do more than 2 park days in a row and we like to spend at least 2 days in each park (maybe 1 for AK), so with a few rest days in between, we really need at least 10 to 12 days just for Disney.

The shortest trip we've done was a budget December trip for 6 nights. It was fun, but definitely not long enough.

Our longest trip will be this June when we will be there for 2 full weeks. That might be too long if we were in a cramped hotel room, but we are a party of 10 this time staying in a 5 bedroom pool home and not doing parks every single day, so I think it will be great.

Last trip we did 10 days and it wasn't enough. This year we will be staying 15 days, since we are also hitting the water parks and US and IOA. If it were for me, I'd stay even longer!! :lovestruc :wizard:

As has been pointed out by others from the UK, the cost of the flights for us makes it much more worthwhile staying for 2 weeks or more.

Same for us, we are flying from Argentina and the flights are soooo expensive!!! :scared1:

We usually stay on Disney property for 4 nights, 5 days, but then we'll move to a villa in Kissimmee, so might do another Disney day or two while we're staying there.

You guys go for a long time! As much as I love WDW, I'm not sure I could handle being on property without a car for 2 weeks!

We drive down from NC now, but our first 2 trips were flying from Oregon. We rented a car both times and loved having the freedom of not having to rely on Disney transportation.

We bought into DVC so we could go every two years for three weeks at a 2 bedroom villa in Kidani Village. Flights are sooooo expensive at the moment though:sad1:

But, all paid for this year and heading for three weeks fun In October. So looking forward to eating and drinking my way round the world!:yay:

first trip was 6 nights, way too short, then we've done 7-8 nights. Would LOVE to do longer, 10-14 would be amazing I think! But then again, it has been great going multiple times in a year (we drive down).

Our shortest was 9 nights and the longest was 35 nights, with most lasting 14 nights. I still didn't want to leave at the end of our 5 week stay. Definitely didn't get bored and would happily stay for that long again.

Unfortunately we're back to 14 night vacations now :sad1:

35 Nights?! Holy Smokes that's crazy!

We've done 8 nights. Figured 3 days at MK, 2 at Epcot, 1 at AK & MGM, 1 DTD.

Next trip will be a family reunion for 10 days. I want to go see Harry Potter at Universal but no one else wants to! I told them I would go by myself cause I am not missing it :snooty:

Okay, I must be the only evil one here. We usually do 5 days twice a year, becasuee by the 5th day- my husband and I have had enough stinkin' magic and togetherness in a confined space for 6 more months at least!:angel:

I'm not sure how some of you do a park every day. We love taking advantage of the lack of crowds in the morning so we always try to do rope drop. And if we try to do more than 2 rope drops in a row, our kids start to rebel. :)

For our next trip, we're doing 3 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, 2 days at DHS, and 1 day at AK. With 8 park days and trying to have enough sleep-in and relax days planned in, we really need the full 2 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter