How long do you think the waiting lists will be for each resort?

Yes I have been on the wait list for bwv sept use year for 2 months now. Also the banking deadline is this month for sept use year so it's getting close to lose the current use years points.

You just can't bank them, but you can use them by August 31...or rent them for use by August 31. I hope it comes through for you before the deadline though.

Yes I have been on the wait list for bwv sept use year for 2 months now. Also the banking deadline is this month for sept use year so it's getting close to lose the current use years points.

If you are going direct through Disney, they will allow you to bank the points past the banking deadline. I would not worry about that at all...

Sandisw said:
If you are going direct through Disney, they will allow you to bank the points past the banking deadline. I would not worry about that at all...

I agree. I was told by my guide that although the banking month for an August UY was in march, my points would automatically be banked. I would not be entitled to points from the 2012 year if my wait contract becomes available in August, despite how long I'd be on the wait list...

When buying direct Disney has always let you bank the points that come with the contract even if its beyond the banking deadline. If you were getting a April UY contract and bought today they would take the 2012 points and bank them for you so you do not lose them so nothing to worry about.

Some have reported that the points they wait listed have come through in the 1st week of their UY so there were no longer any 2012 points. (example WL for March UY points came available March 3rd no more 2012 points!)

Update : I just got a call from my guide who let me know that my points had come in. OKW 200 August UY. I have been on the wait list since Feb 21,so the time frame of 5-6 weeks seems about accurate for some contracts.... So excited!!!

Well I just went on today, long story but couldn't go on until I was at a location (state) where I "could" but they held my before price increase quote until then.

My rep told me I am about 14th on the list for Dec UY at BWV. Longest on the list for that UY is from 2/28 and she felt that most were moving decently, and it had been picking up as they are ROFR'ing a lot more. So, we will see. Hopefully it isn't more than 9 weeks as that's when we will again be at a location we could actually receive the paperwork at. She felt confident that it was possible.

resale inventory is starting to get real thin. the one side i check who cant be mentioned on this site has the lowest amount of inventory i have seen in the last 3 years. it a sellers market now that is for sure.

So if I were to get the call today for my 50 pts with and Oct use year the 2012 pts would automatically be banked into 2013 or do they become 2013 pts in addition to the 2013 pts I would get in Oct?And if so can they be banked for 2014.

So if I were to get the call today for my 50 pts with and Oct use year the 2012 pts would automatically be banked into 2013 or do they become 2013 pts in addition to the 2013 pts I would get in Oct?And if so can they be banked for 2014.

I don't think that they automatically bank them but will allow you to even if it after the deadline. But, no, they would be banked 2012 points and would then expire at the end of your 2013 UY. They would not be eligible to be banked again.

Thanks ..I am new to all this so it might take me awhile to remember everything..LOL

Thanks ..I am new to all this so it might take me awhile to remember everything..LOL

Correct, even if you don't get the points till after you bank date you still will need to call and make sure they bank them for you, before the bank date they won't do anything but if it is after the bank date as an add on, they will still bank them.

This is my first time trying to rent DVC points and I am really exited about it. I have heard great things from people! I am in the process of being wait listed for BCV and BWV and wanted to know the average time to be on a wait list.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I was on the wait list for VGC March points for about nine months. I got the call on March 4, 2013 that it's finally available. My points started in my March 2013 use year.

This is my first time trying to rent DVC points and I am really exited about it. I have heard great things from people! I am in the process of being wait listed for BCV and BWV and wanted to know the average time to be on a wait list.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
I'm a little confused regarding what you are asking. If you actually are "trying to rent" points, that's a whole other process, and your best bet is to start here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2647748 or DVC Member Services sub-forum. If you have already bought DVC and are trying to waitlist a trip because your home resort is neither BCV nor BWV, then this thread isn't the correct one for that, either. Finally, if you meant to say you are attempting to buy into DVC, it appears you are going the buy from Disney route instead of resale, and the wait times vary from a couple of weeks to several months. ;)

Well I just went on today, long story but couldn't go on until I was at a location (state) where I "could" but they held my before price increase quote until then.

My rep told me I am about 14th on the list for Dec UY at BWV. Longest on the list for that UY is from 2/28...

Hey, that's me!! I got on the waitlist 2/28 for BWV. Hope it comes soon!

If the pending debit from Disney is any indication then some of the wl for BWV are coming through. Went on the list 3/19 for a dec UY. Was told there were only a few people for that UY.

Got a call from our guide last night who said it would be soon ... next day service lol.

If the pending debit from Disney is any indication then some of the wl for BWV are coming through. Went on the list 3/19 for a dec UY. Was told there were only a few people for that UY.

Got a call from our guide last night who said it would be soon ... next day service lol.

That's encouraging. We went on 4/2 for Dec UY (but at the pre 3/20 incentive price) and I was told we were about #14, with the oldest on the list being on from 2/28.

No debit or call yet.

That's encouraging. We went on 4/2 (but at the pre 3/20 incentive price) and I was told we were about #14, with the oldest on the list being on from 2/28.

No debit or call yet.

We went on the list 3/19 - nothing here. How do you find out how long the list is? Our agent did not offer up that information when asked.

We went on the list 3/19 - nothing here. How do you find out how long the list is? Our agent did not offer up that information when asked.

I asked and heard her physically counting as she went through the screens it was cute

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter