How long did your daughter use a twin bed?

My teens are 17 and 14. They both sleep in twins. It never crossed my mind to upgrade their bed size.

3happydancers said:
DD went from crib to toddler bed to twin. No room for anything bigger so a non issue for us.

Same here. My dd has the smallest room and my dses share one so they'll be in twin beds until they move out.

My daughter was 12 when she moved from the twin bed into a full size- we redid her bedroom from her light blue color and she picked a dark blue with new furniture, nice dark wood full bed, dresser with big mirror, smaller dresser, matching vanity for her make up and matching TV stand and show rack. She actually has the nicest room in the house now LOL. She wanted furniture with an older feel (not little kids) to carry her through high school and college and this would certainly do it.

My son was in need of new furniture when he was 11 so we bought him a queen size bed. His room is quite large so can accommodate the queen size bed well.

My girls are 12 and 7. They both have smaller rooms and twin size beds. My older daughter asked for a larger bed but her twin is fairly new and fits well in her room. For now she's keeping the twin. Funny enough most nights you will find my younger daughter's room empty and in DD12 room both girls and the dog will all be sleeping together in that twin bed. Good thing they are all small:rotfl:

Both of my DD (16 & 14) sleep in twin beds and we have not plans on getting them bigger beds and they've never asked even after each sleeping in queen sized beds during our vacations (we get them a separate room than us).

I went from a crib to a twin, and remained in a twin bed until my husband and I moved in together...he had a queen.

Same for me, except dh & I have a king.
All my kids have twin beds. Bedrooms aren't big enough for anything bigger.

My 8 year old daughter is in a twin right now. She'll probably be in a twin until she's in high school, then I'll probably switch it for a double or a full. We re-do her room every few years and are about to do another upgrade to make her room feel a bit more grown up. But she'll stay in a twin for a bit longer. (We're in a smallish house right now and she has a smaller room.)

DD leaves for college in a few weeks, she still sleeps in a twin bed. There's not enough room in her bedroom for a bigger bed. DS 11 also has a twin bed.

DD19 upgraded to a double bed when she was about 8. My ds15 is 6'5" and still sleeps in a lofted twin bed. He is unwilling to give up the space in his room for a bigger bed.

I got my DD a whole new bedroom set for her 12th birthday. It was what she asked for. We got her a queen size, the price difference between queen and full sized was miniscule and it was what she wanted. She still says how much she loves it.

Dd has had a twin bed because a double would have taken up too much room in her room. Off to college and she has had a twin bed until this coming fall when she will get a double.

I think a twin is fine for one person. Lord knows I've slept on her bad plenty of nights after she went off to college when my dh's snoring woke me up. Good enough for me, then it's good enough for her.

I got my DD a whole new bedroom set for her 12th birthday. It was what she asked for. We got her a queen size, the price difference between queen and full sized was miniscule and it was what she wanted. She still says how much she loves it.

I probably should have done that for my daughter too-I don't know why we did a full rather than a queen-her bedroom is 12x24 so she certainly could have fit a queen in there.

I had a twin until my husband and I got our own bed after we got married. I never felt deprived with a twin bed, and never thought to ask for a bigger bed, either.

Our DS and DD went from cribs to full size beds.

DH and I started our marriage with the double bed he had when he lived with his parents. When DS was ready for a regular bed we bought a new one for ourselves and he inherited that bed (he took it with him when he got married so he and HIS wife started out with that bed too). When DD was ready for a regular bed we gave her ours and bought a waterbed. Neither of them ever slept in a twin size bed here at home.

Never thought of changing bed size for my daughters based on age. We only changed beds based on what was available.

My daughters went from crib to double and are now in queens (13yo and 11yo) because the queens are what were available (grandparent downsizing and wife and I moved up to a King).

Both my DH and I had twin beds until we moved in together.

Right now my older son has a full and my younger has a twin/full bunk bed. He sleeps on the Twin.

my dd is 18, with long legs, and sleeps in a twin. She will be happy for the XL Twin she will be getting in the dorm in a few weeks. My ds is 21, still at home, and still in a twin bed. He has never said anything about wanting a bigger bed.

DD is so funny. She is 14yo and sleeps in her twin. However, so does our 85 lb Lab! It is hilarious to go in and see the contortions the two of them go through to fit on the bed. We have offered to switch her bed with the Queen sized from the guest room (it isn't used that often and is VERY comfy) but she wants to stay squished!

None of my kids ever slept in a twin bed. Two of them went from crib to queens and one went to a full size because he's got a smaller room. It allowed us to lay with them at night and read or talk with them before they fell asleep, so we never wanted twins. It also allows us to use their beds for company when needed, and they sleep in sleeping bags or air mattresses in the living room.

Now, I slept in a twin until I was a sophomore in college, when I upgraded myself to a full!

Well, let's see, my daughter is going off to college in three weeks and slept in a twin bed her whole life. Her dorm has a twin XL.

My son will do the same.

My first full bed was when I moved in with my wife Junior year of college.

Er... and what does gender have to do with the question?

:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter