How long did your daughter use a twin bed?

I slept on a twin until I was a junior in college (then I upgraded to the futon--woohoo!!). A king size bed is the same size as two twins put together, so IMO, a twin size bed is plenty big for one person to sleep on. Unless the next house we get has HUGE bedrooms, I will keep a twin size bed for my kids (or a loft bed or bunk beds)...but anything bigger than a twin takes up more floor space.

Both of my kids slept in twin beds until they got married, just like me.

:wave2: right back at 'ya I keep thinking about those " bugs in the mattress " commercials :scared1:

We have an unfinished basement and have many humid days in the summer so storing items like a mattress down there would not work. We also have our share of spiders and other small bugs. No thank you!

Now, if I had a nice dry finished basement, storage would not be an issue.

I have two teens. Both are sleeping on twins and I don't plan on changing that. Rooms in our house are small and anything bigger would be a tight fit. We actually replaced dd16's mattress last year and she got a new twin.

I slept on a twin until I got out of college and bought my own furniture for my new apt. Then I bought myself a queen.

I had a twin bed until I was 17 when I bought a full sized futon bed with money I saved from working. My little sister had a twin bed until she moved out of her college dorm and bought a queen mattress for her apartment.

DD is 23 and still is sleeping in her twin loft bed. She likes having 2 dressers under the bed. She has the smallest bedroom in the house (10 x 9), so space is tight. When her brother moved out 2 years ago she was offered his bigger room (10 x 16) with a full size bed, even offered to buy a new mattress, she likes her room better. BTW, she is 5 ' 11"

I slept in a twin bed from age 3 until just before my 25th birthday when I got married. I'm 6' 2" and was plenty comfortable.

I still sleep in a twin bed, and since I go to college in two years I doubt I'll be getting a bigger bed.

I wish I had a bigger bed, but at this point there's no reason to get one.

my DD started in a full size bed when she was 2 and is still in one at 32 (with the exception of being away at college and when she lived with us after)

I went from a crib to a twin, and remained in a twin bed until my husband and I moved in together...he had a queen.

My oldest went from the crib right into a double bed because that is what we already had and I wasn't going to go out and buy a twin bed when it wasn't necessary.

My youngest was upgraded to a queen bed last year because we got a king bed for my husband and I so we gave her our old one.
Otherwise she would still be in a twin bed and we'd have just updated her mattress which was in dire need of upgrading.

I slept in a twin bed until about 3 months after we got married. It was rather cozy....then we got a king and never looked back.

Dd14 has a twin and we have no intention of getting her a new bed. Her room is pretty big but where the floor vents and windows are a twin is the best fit. She's asked for a bigger bed but when I've told her it's a new bed or X she picks X.

I slept in a twin until I was 24. It wasn't until 24 that I bought myself a full size Futon.

My 16 year old has a twin bed. I have asked him if he wishes to get a full and he has said no.

We moved our son into a queen when he was 11. I didn't want anything smaller than a queen in my house because of guest comfort.

Our D didn't sleep in a twin until she went off to college. We get a lot of overnight company and had queen beds in the kids' rooms up until we moved and had a dedicated guest room. DD still had a queen and the boys ended up with bunk beds for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter