How long are LL wait times really?

Mr. Mike

Earning My Ears
So now that the parks are packed with summer crowds, how long are the LL wait times (for real) during this busy time of year? Once you got in a LL, how long did you wait? How long did you wait in LL for ROTR? Space Mountain? Haunted Mansion? GOTG? Other LL attractions? Really curious to know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Trip was June 8-14, 5 park days:

• RotR: Tuesday late morning, we waited about 5, maybe 10 minutes
  • Space: rode twice; Wednesday early evening, we waited less than 10 minutes; Tuesday we rode late (after 10pm), and it was walk on or under 5 minutes.
  • HM: shockingly did not ride this trip
  • MSFR: Saturday afternoon 5 minutes, and wished it was longer so we could enjoy the queue, so we rode standby the next morning we were there
  • BTMRR: walkon or 5 minutes; rode too many times to detail each one. never waited more than 5 minutes for LL
  • Splash: this broke down on us, so wait times were all over the place. First attempt Wednesday the wait was about 15 minutes and it broke. Second attempt was successful Saturday was after a prolonged downtime that afternoon, and the LL was long - over 30 minutes. Next try Tuesday was successful in the afternoon, with a 15 min wait
  • GotG: rode this 3 times; Friday at 11am, wait was about 15-20 minutes; Sunday early evening, I believe wait was 10 minutes but I was at another ride; Tuesday near midday was about 5 minutes.
  • IC: Sunday afternoon, about 5 minutes
  • GFS: Friday under 5 minutes; Sunday 5-10 minutes
  • TSMM: Friday morning, 15-20 minute wait; it was down at park opening, so there was some pent up LLs.

Other LL rides like Star Tours and Buzz were walk-ons/under 5 minutes.

Edited to add Matterhorn: did twice, Wednesday - about 5-10 minutes, Saturday about 5 minutes
and Soarin: did 3 times; Friday - about 35 minutes (it had been down, and there was only one room running), Sunday - 10 minutes, Wednesday - 10 minutes or less
and RSR: 10 minutes Tuesday morning
and WS: walk on Sunday evening

So now that the parks are packed with summer crowds, how long are the LL wait times (for real) during this busy time of year? Once you got in a LL, how long did you wait? How long did you wait in LL for ROTR? Space Mountain? Haunted Mansion? GOTG? Other LL attractions? Really curious to know.
ROTR is usually under 5 minutes

Space Mountain is usually about 10, but our longest was about 30 (the ride went down for a brief period while in the LL but they did not dump the queue)

GOTG: 40 minutes. I won't do this one again using LL. It always looks super long.

Splash Mtn: Average is 10 minutes

Big Thunder: Average is under 5 minutes (this one always moves fast)

Autopia: 10-15 minutes is average

Matterhorn: under 5 minutes

Star Tours: about 10-15

Soarin: about 15, usually

Radiator Springs Racers: if you walk right up and scan in, under 10 minutes. If the line is extending down the main drag in Carsland, up to 30. Longest ever was 25. That line extended to Mater's ride entrance.

Incredicoaster: 5-10 on average

Toy Story Midway Mania: under 10 minutes, consistently

Goofys Sky School: about 10 minutes

Grizzly River: 10 minutes on a hot day

Webslingers: 5-15 minutes

Monsters Inc: under 5 minutes

Those wait times sound great! Will be buying lightning lanes for sure. How much do they all cost?
Genie+ is $20/person/day. It includes all the LL rides (formerly fast pass rides) except RotR, RSR and Web Slingers. Those are surge pricing per ride (🤢). RotR is always $20, RSR and WS vary between $12 and $20.

Everything is one ride per day (RIP MaxPass 😢).

Genie+ is $20/person/day. It includes all the LL rides (formerly fast pass rides) except RotR, RSR and Web Slingers. Those are surge pricing per ride (🤢). RotR is always $20, RSR and WS vary between $12 and $20.

Everything is one ride per day (RIP MaxPass 😢).
Thanks! I really really really miss Maxpass. It was the best.

These seem very low waits versus what the youtube blogger claim?

Were these recently?
All mine are from this month. I included what time of day because maybe that makes a difference - we didn't really do any rides from 2-4pm. I also know the waits are longer after a ride has been down, and are always a bit long for GotG - mainly for our time it was because of people being in the LL who shouldn't be there - either no LL, or the wrong time. It really delays things, but nothing terrible.

Just a quick question, is RotR a good queue? I mean, do you always want to skip it, or is it a queue you should see?

It's got some fun stuff to look at, but I did it once (when we still had Virtual Queue), and not since, and I do not miss it. It's not worth waiting in standby for, IMO. All of the best parts of ROTR are what you see when you go through the ILL

On the OP's wait time question, all of my LL waits have been in the range of walk-on to 15 minutes. I know there are exceptions, but I haven't had any waits that made me rethink my Genie+ purchase as of yet.

I have had short waits in the LL, but also ones that were quite long. I bailed on BTRR one day when the line just to scan into the lightening lane was almost to the exit to the ride and the whole LL queue was full. And then another day at Space Mountain where the LL line went back and forth 3-4 times up on the outside part before ever getting inside. I think I waited close to 30 minutes that day. The waits kind of depend on a lot of factors --- if the ride has been down for awhile, the LL will be longer because of the pent up demand from people with earlier LLs.

I have had short waits in the LL, but also ones that were quite long. I bailed on BTRR one day when the line just to scan into the lightening lane was almost to the exit to the ride and the whole LL queue was full. And then another day at Space Mountain where the LL line went back and forth 3-4 times up on the outside part before ever getting inside. I think I waited close to 30 minutes that day. The waits kind of depend on a lot of factors --- if the ride has been down for awhile, the LL will be longer because of the pent up demand from people with earlier LLs.
You should have stayed in the BTMRR one. Even when it's packed full, it's an "under 10." We do this ride multiple times per visit and have never waited long. They really prioritize the LL at the merge point there.

You should have stayed in the BTMRR one. Even when it's packed full, it's an "under 10." We do this ride multiple times per visit and have never waited long. They really prioritize the LL at the merge point there.

It was the chaos in the outside of the line part that did me in. It just was not moving, in direct sun, and I swear groups of 20 were joining 1 person in the line. It was just not moving and bad that day. I was ready to leave and thought I would go on it as 1 last ride, but it really had finished my day off with that line. Next time, i will try to hold out. I have seen it much better - this day was just too crazy!

For the times I measured, never reached more than 10 minutes except for Splash which was incredibly backed up one day. That was just short of 30 minutes.

Agree above about waiting for BTMRR. Even if the LL line is backed out from the entrance from the ride it goes very fast and should be under 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter