How large is the large pizza at Via Napoli? How many will it feed?

Leigha

DIS Veteran
I want to experience the restaurant and plan to snack around the world as well. How large would you say it is?

I want to experience the restaurant and plan to snack around the world as well. How large would you say it is?

Disney says 2 to 3. By contrast they say an individual feeds 1. I am not a big eater. I eat 3 of 4 slices of the individual. DH is an average eater and he finishes the individual. So for us, their averages seem correct.

There's also a larger family sized pizza. It's expensive...I want to say about $41...but, it also makes Via Napoli the least expensive table service in Epcot if you get it and you have 3 to 5 people. We've had it there and we have four adult eaters that come hungry.

It's called the Mezzo Metro...it's roughly rectangular. Probably about 18 inches by about 14, but that's a guess. it's big.

Can only comment on the family pizza which was huge. We are a family of 4 and were only able to eat about half. I'd recommend asking to see how big the large is before you order. Had I known how big the family size was, we would have downsized.

My husband and I split an individual pizza - it is plenty for the two of us.

Both of us had the individual pizzas and ate 3 of the 4 slices. If you are using dining plan to pay for the meal, you can't split an entree, such as individual pizza. You must each order your own meal. We each switched a slice so we tasted each other's order. This is Via Napoli's rules, and they are a private company, not Disney-owned.

You can split your entree if you are paying OOP.

Yes, I'm paying OOP. I think we'll go with the large, add the famous zeppolis and snack later if needed! Thanks everyone!

We ate a late lunch at F&W last week (finished by 4pm) and then had a 7:45pm ADR at Via Napoli. There were 7 of us, including a 10yo who ate 2 slices and a 12yo who ate at least 5 slices, and we shared 3 large pizzas. We had two slices left at the end of the meal and were stuffed (and didn't eat dessert). I'd say 2-3 people per large is accurate.

One pizza fed us 2 adults. The slices were really thin so 4 pieces each...and we are avg. Eaters....let me tell u this...we ordered a pizza of the menu..not special order..16 minutes from time sat down till we were done eating! 3 minutes from ordering pizza came. Quickest 35 bucks ever spent!

It's pretty big. I would say its larger than your typical large at a chain type place. 2-3 adults depending on appetite. Awesome pizza! I saw these rectangular pizzas while there that seemed to take up an entire table, I assume these were the family pies.

Would you say the family-size pizza is big enough to feed 4 adults, a 6yo, and a 2yo? How many slices is it?

I saw several of these while there. I assume they could feed a small village.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/05/3e/f7/06/large-pizza.jpg
Wow, that's a lot bigger than what I was picturing! Enough to feed a small village sounds about right. ;)

Here is the large. Linking images because I don't own them.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/2f/a4/9f/via-napoli.jpg
Looks like that is 10 slices total. (A typical large pizza around here is 8 slices.) I think that will be plenty for my family. Maybe add salad for the adults since its a thin crust. Thanks for the pics!

If you sign up for the Patina restaurant group (owners of Via Napoli) e-mail, they will send you a $30 off coupon for your birthday. As of now, it can be used at the restaurants at EPCOT and DTD in California. It must be used on an order of $30 or more. I used mine in California and ended up paying for two drinks and an appetizer. You must put in a zip code for Orlando and then choose your favorite restaurant. Here is the link to the website and just look for the e-mail sign-up.

http://www.patinagroup.com/

As I stated above...a large is 8 pcs. Thin crust...would not feed 4 adults. I usually eat 2-3 pcs. regular crust at pizza hut. Ate 4 here no prob. Hope this helps. This was just last week.

We had a large for our family, 2 adults to younger kids and we finished the pizza. It was enough for us. We also had an app.

We're two average sized adults with pretty big appetites and ordered the large pizza last trip. I believe we ate 3 slices each and there were two slices left over. The slices are thin but big in size.

My DH and I order a large with half pepperoni and half sausage. It has 8 pieces and we eat it all b/c we LOVE it!!! We are not big people but the pieces are thin and I have been known to eat a lot of pizza. We don't get appetizer or salad. Actually we are usually looking at each other like we both wish there was more but know we have had enough!! HA!! We have been going twice for last few trips b/c we love it so much. Always have good service. I would love to try something else but the pizza is just too good. My DD LOVES the kid's spaghetti with meatballs too!

We had five adults last trip, and we got the salad for the whole table and 2 large pizzas. It filled all of us up, we each had 3 slices of pizza and left one behind because none of us had room. We saw the Mezzo Metro being delivered to other tables and realized one of those would have been perfect for all of us.

If you sign up for the Patina restaurant group (owners of Via Napoli) e-mail, they will send you a $30 off coupon for your birthday. As of now, it can be used at the restaurants at EPCOT and DTD in California. It must be used on an order of $30 or more. I used mine in California and ended up paying for two drinks and an appetizer. You must put in a zip code for Orlando and then choose your favorite restaurant. Here is the link to the website and just look for the e-mail sign-up.

http://www.patinagroup.com/
Whoo hoo! Thank you. We have a reservation there for NYE and my DH's birthday is in December so I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will accept the coupon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter