• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is the weather in December

arielfan

Mouseketeer
I was wondering how the weather is the begining of December??
How hard is it to get tickets to the Very Merry Mickey Christmas Party???

Please help, thank you...:bounce:

I have been 3 times in early December. The weather has been warm enough to swim at Midnight (in the heated pools of course) to cold enough for a winter coat (30's and 40's at night). At MVMCP, we wore shorts and short-sleeves one year (we took light jackets but didn't need them), and another year we had on winter coats, gloves and hats. Two of the three trips, we had no rain (stayed at least a week each time). The last trip it rained hard for parts or all of about half of the days.

In other words, pack for anything!

It has been very easy getting MVMCP tickets (but we usually buy them in September)

We agree with Ksdisneydad weve have had every sort of weather in december. we also pack everything, one year we were too hot and last year we were freezing and very wet. There are plenty of compensations though. you get the christmas extras without the christmas crowds we think it is the best time to go.:D
We always buy mvmcp tickets when we get to florida and have never had any trouble.

Thanks for the advice, every little bit helps out...I'm hoping for the
good weather....:smooth:

Me too!! We'll be there for the first time the first week of December. Trying to escape the cold of northern Indiana...I'd hate to think we traveled that far just to get bundled up in our winter coats! :rolleyes:

Either way, can't wait to get there!!

Mark

Fearthiss, I am willing to bet that you will be able to escape the Cold weather of Northern Indiana. In December, even though we were wearing winter coats at MVMCP with temps falling to the upper 30's, the next day at MGM we were back in shorts with gorgeous 75 degree sunny weather! Most of the trip we didn't need winter coats, but light jackets were useful for mornings/evenings. We even were able to get in some swim time for the kids!

Early December is a great time with the light crowds, mild weather, and the beautiful Christmas decorations. However, the one thing I don't like is that in parts of the parks, they play Christmas music instead of the Disney themepark music. I can hear Christmas music while shopping at the mall later, when I'm in the Magic Kingdom (other than for MVMCP), I want to hear the traditional Disney music!

If I remember correctly I have been to WDW in Dec the past 5 years.
As others have mentioned the weather is whatever the most people have not packed for.
I pack for summer to late fall with a little rain added. This last year wore shorts every day and once at night broke out the long pants.
The rain is what can make a trip bad in Dec. If it rains it feels cold and that is when the sell a large amount of sweatshirts.
I gave up on ponchos several years ago and now have a good quality rain jacket that goes in my park bag when it looks like rain. Since you are traveling from MI jsut wear a medium weight coat to the airport and bring it along. Pack a lighter jacket and maybe a sweatshirt and raingear.
On the side I have noticed many people at WDW and UF with gym shoes shorts a jacket/sweatshirt and GLOVES when it gets cold. Just weird to me I guess.
RussH

We carry rain jackets and pants in our back packs. If it gets cold we put them on. Its nice for braking the wind if it comes up and not to heavy. We have been their in December when it was so cold we were wearing sweatshirts and heavy winter jackets with gloves and stocking caps, makes for funny pictures. At best take a sweatshirt and panchos if you have them. Air conditioning can get you sometimes in restaurants. Take two pair of shoes if it rains your shoes will be wet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter