How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

All caught up, Trish! I'm in utter disbelief about the quick exit from the DHS! Good for you for putting your foot down for CARS and the Animation Studio. You guys did great on your drawings and your picture of Declan with his drawing is so funny (and sad...he looks so depressed).

LOVE Le Cellier! I also detest mushrooms, but figured I had to order it, so I did. Boy, was I happy I ordered it - it was Divine!!! :love: Sorry DH didn't listen....ugh...MEN!!! :headache:

Can't wait for more!!:goodvibes

Sara

I'm finally back from St Louis and all caught up on your report. I don't even know where to begin with my comments!

I can't believe you guys spent 2+ hours at the beach before the relatives who LIVE there showed up, you could have driven to the beach on the Atlantic side in half the time if you were going to spend the day by yourselves anyway! At least you did get to enjoy a nice evening at their home and it sounded like it really was a great day despite the long commute.

I also am floored that everyone was ready to leave DHS after just a couple of hours and 3 attractions! At least you were able to squeeze a bit more out of Chris and enjoy some more of the park with your family. I love the animation class, it's one of my favorite things to do at DHS! I'm sorry Declan didn't enjoy it though, I've seen many younger kids get frustrated trying to do the drawings - poor kid!

Chris ordered a sandwich at Le Cellier?! :scared1: The mushroom filet is my favorite too - yum!!!

There is SO MUCH to do at any given park, and to feel like you're being pulled out after just a few hours would be horrible!! :eek: I think some of us should at this point feel blessed that we have had "full" days of everything we absolutely had to do at the parks, after hearing your tale!! :lovestruc

Your DH, btw, has some really good drawing skills...cool that you scored some kudos there, even if your DS wasn't so enthused! :thumbsup2

All caught up! I've been reading but I guess not posting the last few updates. :confused3

I can totally relate to Katie's experience on ToT. Sam tried it a few years ago and hated it. She'll ride everything else; in fact RnRC is her favorite of all. She did tell me recently that she might try it again soon though.

We always seem to forget about the animation classes. Definitely need to try and get there next trip as it looks like fun.

Yum on the mushroom filet! We've only been lucky enough to score a LeCellier reservation once but that is indeed what I ordered. So good! And Sam, my picky eater, claimed that her hot dog was the best she'd ever had. :rotfl:

Looking forward to more and hoping you get some more park time in this day!

Well...I am glad Sam liked her hot dog at LeCellier.:laughing:

I think with those TOT drops you either like them or you don't. And our girls seem to fall squarely into the "don't like".:rotfl:

You & Sam should definitely put the animation class on the list for the next trip. It is so fun. I guarantee you would have a blast.:goodvibes

Trish, loving your report, you have a great sense of humor in your writing. I have to vent a little though.....WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!! :scared1:YOU POOR THING!!!! Seriously, leaving early, cup half empty!!! I LOVE my in-laws too, but I just finished an entire weekend with them and am happy to be sitting here alone with my computer! I went to WDW with MIL a few years ago and I was a wreck before we got there, but it turned out to be one of the best times with her, mainly because she let me take the lead, she knew I knew more about it then her and that our entire family would have more fun if she let me 'control' the event. But, I have been very guarded about letting other family and friends 'tag along' on our trips, the time is too precious to me.

Anyway, you get the 'Patience Award' :thumbsup2for the tolerance you have exhibited in your trip to this point. I'm sure that DH and fam didn't realize how their lack of interest was hindering your experience, how could they realize when they really don't 'get' the 'magic', too bad.

'just keep swimming'!!! Keep planning those trips, don't let anyone spoil the Disney magic for you and your kiddos!:yay:

(I am reading Heather's Poly report too - you two are the first trip reports I've ever followed - loving it! Thank you!)

Awww....thanks so much. I am really honored when the people who don't normally read TR hang out on my thread.:goodvibes

You know, you are right how the naysayers can sometimes steal the magic. No matter how much as you try to guard it, and keep your own mood up. I am definitely much more protective on who I will be choosing to tour the parks with in future. And family name alone won't necessary get you into the inner circle.:laughing:

That's too bad that your husband wouldn't listen to you on ordering the filet...it definitely looked like the better choice of the two.

The chocolate moose are too cute!

Can't wait to hear how your photoshoot went...we've also been considering doing this on a future vacation

Funny thing is....the look of the filet itself doesn't tip you off to how good it is. Chris still has no idea what he missed out on. I tried to share a piece, but he declined. If he knew what it tasted like, there is no way I would have been able to hold him back.:rotfl:

I was really glad we gave the kids the chocolate mooses. :)

I am from PEI and I have to say that they did a wonderful job on showing Prince Edward Island. I was in awe ......

I am really enjoying your trip report and your pictures.

May I ask what kind of camera you are using ?

Welcome fellow Maritimer! I think your Island and its people looked awesome on Regis and Kelly.:goodvibes

As for my camera, it is a bottom of the line, outdated (i.e. 3 yr old:laughing:) Canon Digital Rebel XT. But I have really good glass on it. And once I learn how to shoot manual (one of many things on my to-do list), I plan to upgrade.

I have used a Canon Rebel for about 8 years now, buying my first when Katie was born. Prior to that, I don't think I had taken a picture in over 10 years.:laughing: In 2007 I switched over to the digital model - I was a dinosaur holdout. And within a month I had to buy a replacement. (See my first TR below for the backstory).

The Rebel is a great entry level SLR. With my kids (and how fast they move) point and shoots simply don't work. The only time I have used a p&s since getting an SLR was during the 2 Disney endurance races I did when I needed a camera that would fit on my fanny pack.:laughing:

HI!!! I am so sorry I have been away for so long. I really enjoyed catching up on your fun! I am so sorry about Katie on TOT. That is such a hard ride to take in. I started crying when we were walking up to it! Yay for her wanting to try again, what a brave girl.

I can't believe your DH did not get the filet!!!! I am DYING to try it. Le Cellier seems like such a great restaurant, you described it so beautifully.

Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

Hi Katie! Definitely don't make the same mistake my husband made - order that filet if you make it to LeCellier!;)

As for Katie's renewed enthusiasm for the TOT...it's gone.:laughing: She told me just tonite that she no longer wants to try it again on our next trip. Which is perfectly, postively fine with me!!!:)

We have never eaten at LeCellier. I am sure my husband would love that mushroom filet. He has just recently begun to like mushrooms, and he has always loved steak. I am glad you got to eat your favorite meal at WDW. Next time maybe your family will order steak and get to see how good it is.

The filet is a must-do at LeCellier. I am sure your husband would really like it. Especially since he likes mushrooms. (Although as I have proven, that is not a requirement.:laughing:)

I love your trip report. Your family is very cute. I am taking a" not so sure he wants to really go, but doing it for me husband" in Nov/Dec, so I am taking notes and tips on how to do it sucessfully. Thanks I can't wait to read more

Thank you so much for posting!:goodvibes

You must be getting excited for your trip...not long now!!! I hope your husband turns around on your trip. Many have. I was hoping mine would have joined in as well, but I guess you don't get everything in life!:rotfl:

OMG your photo shoot is with Roots? I didn't know they did anything besides weddings. I can't wait to see the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!! The Roots!!! I can't tell you how excited I was for the photo shoot. Can you believe I "booked" it further in advance than some brides book their wedding photography?:rotfl:

Just wondering what the Root's photo session is all about, I'm not familiar with the name. Is it a part of the Disney Photo Pass sessions? Thanks!

I would like to know the same thing. I'm clueless!!:confused3

Well...MiaBella filled you all in perfectly! Thanks Mia!:goodvibes

The roots are photographers located in Celebration, Fl. They do not work for disney, but are very popular among disney brides. They take beautiful pictures, check out their website http://rootweddings.com/

I can't wait to hear all about the rest of your trip, and hopefully see some of those Root pictures, i saw some on the blog and they looked great! :thumbsup2

I will have an update about the shoot with photos up as soon as I can.:)

I saw 2 of your pics on the roots blog...never really realised they are of your family until now :goodvibes

Resourceful and astute...dangerous combination!:worship:

Love all the pictures of food at LeCellier. The food there is so amazing. I'm sorry your DH didn't like what he got. He'll have to try something else when you take him back next time!

I was actually serious that I am not sure he would agree to go. He was that unimpressed with the meal.

So as mentioned, we will be dining separately that evening.:laughing:

Sorry lunch was a bust for Chris, but at least you could enjoy your fav dish!! The kids look adorable with their chocolate moose!!

Thanks!:goodvibes I was really glad I had the idea to give them our Mooses. First time we ordered them, and the kids had a lot of fun with them.

If it was just me, I think I would order the S'Mores. But everytime I go to LeCellier, I am always too full for dessert.:laughing:

along for thr ride! popcorn::

Great TR so far...boy, 'people should listen to you more often' seems to be the moral of the story so far....:rotfl:

I felt SO bad for you during the Chef Mickeys and Backyard BBQ nights...I could see that happening to me if DBF is in a mood. I guess we will wait to see how many times I report that happening when we go in Nov. :rotfl2:

Oh, hopefully that never happens to you.:sad2: It was very disappointing to have to leave those meals so early.:guilty:

Chris should have ordered the filet :sad2:
Can't wait to read more about your photo session

You said it! But he was warned, wasn't he?:laughing:

All caught up, Trish! I'm in utter disbelief about the quick exit from the DHS! Good for you for putting your foot down for CARS and the Animation Studio. You guys did great on your drawings and your picture of Declan with his drawing is so funny (and sad...he looks so depressed).

LOVE Le Cellier! I also detest mushrooms, but figured I had to order it, so I did. Boy, was I happy I ordered it - it was Divine!!! :love: Sorry DH didn't listen....ugh...MEN!!! :headache:

Can't wait for more!!:goodvibes

Sara

You too Sara? Another person who detests mushrooms who adores the infamous LeCellier mushroom filet? Wow - we can get a little club going here.:laughing:

To this day I don't know whatever convinced me to try it. The thought of putting mushrooms in my mouth is enough to make me gag, but for some reason I didn't mind it at all in the risotto.

Please don't tell me you ate the whole mushrooms in the dish? Because if you did, I will no longer believe you when you say you detest mushrooms.:rotfl:

As for Declan - I felt so sorry for him.:sad1: He loves drawing, but just could not seem to follow along very well and got frustrated when everyone else was able to draw and he wasn't. I wasn't sitting next to him and didn't notice he had fallen behind...next time I will sit beside him and help him out if he gets stuck so he can enjoy it too.:goodvibes

I'm finally back from St Louis and all caught up on your report. I don't even know where to begin with my comments!

I can't believe you guys spent 2+ hours at the beach before the relatives who LIVE there showed up, you could have driven to the beach on the Atlantic side in half the time if you were going to spend the day by yourselves anyway! At least you did get to enjoy a nice evening at their home and it sounded like it really was a great day despite the long commute.

I also am floored that everyone was ready to leave DHS after just a couple of hours and 3 attractions! At least you were able to squeeze a bit more out of Chris and enjoy some more of the park with your family. I love the animation class, it's one of my favorite things to do at DHS! I'm sorry Declan didn't enjoy it though, I've seen many younger kids get frustrated trying to do the drawings - poor kid!

Chris ordered a sandwich at Le Cellier?! :scared1: The mushroom filet is my favorite too - yum!!!

Hope you had fun in St Louis!:goodvibes

Yes, the wait on the beach was a bit much by the end. Like I said, next time we make plans to meet up with that side of the family, we will not be meeting at a restaurant or beach where you are kinda stuck if the other side is late.:upsidedow

As for the early departure from the Studios, again, who would have thought?:confused3 I didn't get it at the time, and still don't.

And those crazy choices just kept adding up that day - culminating with a shaved beef sandwich order at LeCellier.:rotfl:

There is SO MUCH to do at any given park, and to feel like you're being pulled out after just a few hours would be horrible!! :eek: I think some of us should at this point feel blessed that we have had "full" days of everything we absolutely had to do at the parks, after hearing your tale!! :lovestruc

Your DH, btw, has some really good drawing skills...cool that you scored some kudos there, even if your DS wasn't so enthused! :thumbsup2

You hit the nail on the head. That is precisely why it was so hard to leave those parks. I would just get a *taste* of it, start to get my Disney groove back, and then be forced to leave.

It was so hard to be exiting the park when tons of other people were walking through the gates, ready for a fun filled day with smiles on their faces. I felt like I was a 7 yr old kid again, sent to bed at 7:30pm when the sun was still up and tons of other kids were out playing and riding their bikes on the street.

SWEEET!!! Thanks for posting this website -- I didn't even know about this movie...loves racehorse movies.... :love:

You too Sara? Another person who detests mushrooms who adores the infamous LeCellier mushroom filet? Wow - we can get a little club going here.:laughing:

To this day I don't know whatever convinced me to try it. The thought of putting mushrooms in my mouth is enough to make me gag, but for some reason I didn't mind it at all in the risotto.

Please don't tell me you ate the whole mushrooms in the dish? Because if you did, I will no longer believe you when you say you detest mushrooms.:rotfl:

Ha! No, I even asked her if I could get it without the mushrooms. She said she could leave the big (nasty) ones off but the risotto would have small ones. I didn't mind the ones in the risotto at all and didn't have to worry about the ginormous ones on top!! :woohoo:

Sara

Trish - that steak looks amazing! I've never been able to get a ressie at Le Cellier; but then I don't try very hard to score one because my DH is a vegetarian. So, thanks for letting me live vicariously through your photo!

Pity about the steak sandwich; but then you didn't order it....someone else did and got what they deserved :rotfl2:!

Hi Trish! I'm new to DIS but I had to do a search to see if anyone else has posted on a husband who is not all that interested in Disney.:sad1:

And looky loo...here we are! Is it me or does it seem like all of the Disney party poopers are the husbands??? (Not that all husbands are Disney resisters.) Any wives out there hate Disney??

Well as I was getting all caught up with your posts, I'll give you an idea of what I have to work with. My husband snickered that I was on another Disney website and asked what it was. I told him it was a TR about a husband who doesn't like Disney. He said, "You better take notes.":sad:
Before that I was trying to convince him the really expensive (and large) professional camera he has, is going to be too much to lug around WDW, and we'll probably want to get something smaller. His response..."That's OK. I'm not much of a ride person.":scared:

But fortunately for me, DH loves steak. So you've just ordered our Le Cellier meal for us. Thanks.

All caught up now. Can't wait for more.popcorn::

Just came back from a week in Detroit, MI with DD for a skating competition! DD skated very well and she was very happy with her performance! (I was happy too but then again, she could fall down 75 times and I would still be proud of her so she is a lot harder on herself than I am!).

All caught up with your TR! Still in shock about your family wanting to leave so quickly :scared1: Good for you for putting your foot down! Never ate at Le Cellier :blush: (considering I'm from Canada, I guess I should be embarassed!) but that soup sounds really yummy, I need to try and convince DD to go! (although convincing her to try anything that has no characters will be a challenge).

Can't wait for your next post!!!!

SWEEET!!! Thanks for posting this website -- I didn't even know about this movie...loves racehorse movies.... :love:

Your welcome!:goodvibes

Ha! No, I even asked her if I could get it without the mushrooms. She said she could leave the big (nasty) ones off but the risotto would have small ones. I didn't mind the ones in the risotto at all and didn't have to worry about the ginormous ones on top!! :woohoo:

Sara

OK - I believe you now!:laughing: I never thought to ask for no garnish mushrooms - good idea! I will do that next time!;)

:welcome:
Trish - that steak looks amazing! I've never been able to get a ressie at Le Cellier; but then I don't try very hard to score one because my DH is a vegetarian. So, thanks for letting me live vicariously through your photo!

Pity about the steak sandwich; but then you didn't order it....someone else did and got what they deserved :rotfl2:!

:rotfl:

Maybe if you end up going in October for your husband's conference you can book a lunch ADR at LeCellier while he is at the conference.;)

Hi Trish! I'm new to DIS but I had to do a search to see if anyone else has posted on a husband who is not all that interested in Disney.:sad1:

And looky loo...here we are! Is it me or does it seem like all of the Disney party poopers are the husbands??? (Not that all husbands are Disney resisters.) Any wives out there hate Disney??

Well as I was getting all caught up with your posts, I'll give you an idea of what I have to work with. My husband snickered that I was on another Disney website and asked what it was. I told him it was a TR about a husband who doesn't like Disney. He said, "You better take notes.":sad:
Before that I was trying to convince him the really expensive (and large) professional camera he has, is going to be too much to lug around WDW, and we'll probably want to get something smaller. His response..."That's OK. I'm not much of a ride person.":scared:

But fortunately for me, DH loves steak. So you've just ordered our Le Cellier meal for us. Thanks.

All caught up now. Can't wait for more.popcorn::

Welcome aboard!:welcome:

Too funny about your husband and the "take notes" comment.:rotfl: However, as for the photography equipment - I definitely think it is a GOOD THING that he is interested in brining it along.

WDW can present some AMAZING photography opportunities. There are so many colors, textures and interesting things to shoot. It is a photographer's dream really. If that is what gets your husband wanting to spend time in the parks, ENCOURAGE it!!!

If he has an awesome camera, he will not be happy being in the Parks without it.

I belong to a photography forum (Clickin Moms), and there are some amazing talented photographers on there who have actually considered going to WDW without their SLR cameras. I completely don't get it. If there is one place in the world I would want my best camera (provided it is not a $10,000-plus variety) it would be WDW.

I have treked into the parks the last few years carrying my Canon along with 2-3 lens and 1 hood. And my camcorder. Hasn't been a problem. I never used a locker and there wasn't 1 ride I had to pass up because of my camera bag. (I double-wrap my camera bag in plastic on splash mountain and kali river rapids).

If I were you, I would be trying to build his excitement about Park photography in advance of the trip. Lou Mongello has recently added a photography section to his website (WDW Radio) with some amazing WDW photography. Also, the Disney Parks blog also has some cool shots from time to time as well.

I think this is definitely a GOOD SIGN for your trip!:goodvibes

I'm joining late, but LOVING your TR!! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks so much for posting, and Welcome!!!

Just came back from a week in Detroit, MI with DD for a skating competition! DD skated very well and she was very happy with her performance! (I was happy too but then again, she could fall down 75 times and I would still be proud of her so she is a lot harder on herself than I am!).

All caught up with your TR! Still in shock about your family wanting to leave so quickly :scared1: Good for you for putting your foot down! Never ate at Le Cellier :blush: (considering I'm from Canada, I guess I should be embarassed!) but that soup sounds really yummy, I need to try and convince DD to go! (although convincing her to try anything that has no characters will be a challenge).

Can't wait for your next post!!!!

So glad to hear your daughter's skating competition went well.:cheer2:

Characters or no characters though, you really must make it to LeCellier!:)

We've never eaten at Le Cellier but hopefully will get to eat there at some point. Your steak looks and sounds yummy (and I love mushrooms!).

Amanda

I've only read your intro paragraph, Trish, and I'm in!

We leave in 33.5 HOURS for our first family vacation ever (and my only vacation with my DH since our honeymoon 5 years ago!) and my DH respond to 100% of (what he has named) my "Disney talk" with "shhhhh..." :lmao: It's just me, DH and our DD who is almost two. :lovestruc and I am SO excited to show her "the World." ......and daddy's coming too. :rotfl2:I pray daily that he is just hiding his excitement, and that the magic of Wilderness Lodge :wizard: will melt his shell of "shhhh...." :lmao: Ok, going back to read up on your story! If you need a good laugh (or 50), journey over to my PTR. :thumbsup2 Nice to meetcha -Stacey

I've only read your intro paragraph, Trish, and I'm in!

We leave in 33.5 HOURS for our first family vacation ever (and my only vacation with my DH since our honeymoon 5 years ago!) and my DH respond to 100% of (what he has named) my "Disney talk" with "shhhhh..." :lmao: It's just me, DH and our DD who is almost two. :lovestruc and I am SO excited to show her "the World." ......and daddy's coming too. :rotfl2:I pray daily that he is just hiding his excitement, and that the magic of Wilderness Lodge :wizard: will melt his shell of "shhhh...." :lmao: Ok, going back to read up on your story! If you need a good laugh (or 50), journey over to my PTR. :thumbsup2 Nice to meetcha -Stacey

Welcome! So glad to have you along!:welcome:

How exciting that you leave for Disney in under 2 days!!!:banana:

Too funny about the Disney "shhhh"...I know all about it!:rotfl: Hopefully your husband will turn around on the trip. You will have to report back once you return. I assume you are planning on doing a TR?;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter