how hard is it to get a reservation?

lindam7

Earning My Ears
we are thinking about buying a resale for okw. I am concerned, however that I will not be able to plan my trip when I want to go,
not when there is space for me. We usually go in the off season,
being the first week of December, or sometime in early May. I would really hate to invest this money, only to be turned down everytime I want to go. I can book 11 months ahead at okw if
i buy there, but will it ever be possible to stay elseware if I can
only book 6 months ahead of time?? Your input will help make
my final decision.
thanx

I think that anything is possible. Many have said they got ressies on somewhat short notice. There are two keys. One being buy where you want to stay. The other being book at your home at 11 months and change the ressie at the 7 month window to what your other choice may be and use the waitlist if you need to.

We just decided last week to take a trip to OKW in May. I called 2 days ago and requested 2 weeks in May and got it. I don't know about the other resorts but there OKW was not a problem on short notice.

:)

We just bought OKW re-sale. We bought there because that is where we wanted our 11 month window. Although many say OKW is the easiest ticket at 7 months.... We bought there because we love it. We also like to travel early December and May.

I hope to someday visit all the DVC resorts (esp BWV) but I know if I cant get the dates I want for BWV, this year, I have the wonderful OKW villas to sooth my sorrows!:D With 40 years of planning I dont think we will miss much. (need to buy more points)

I have read that a lot of people have luck with the wait list.... You book 11 months out at OKW then at 7 months out you see what else is available.... wait list if needed.... but you always have home to fall back on.....

Dont know if I have helped at all.... I seem to be rambling. GOod luck deciding and keep us posted!:bounce:

We owned first at OKW (have added on at VWL and BCV) and have also stayed at BWV on our OKW points. We called at 7 months and got the studio we wanted. A preferred view. We have also stayed at VB and called about 3-4 months out for early June. It might be hard if you want Easter week or Christmas or something like that, but the rest of the year, you should be able to get something.

Hi, I just wanted to add that the first 2 weeks of Dec are VERY popular at the Boardwalk because it is low season, fewer points and the Christmas decorations are out. I have seen posts that Boardwalk owners were waitlisted at 10 months out two yrs in a row. But, in May you may have better luck getting into Boardwalk.
This Dec may be different because we will have Beach Club Villas and Boardwalk, so I think some people who are waitlisted will get the Boardwalk as people change reservations over to the Beach Club.

Good luck with your decision!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter