How hard for a family of 5 without dining reservations?

wallyeva123

Earning My Ears
I haven't made our dining reservations yet. I honestly didn't think it was going to be that big a deal and now there's almost nothing to choose from. Will we still be able to get into the places we'd like to eat at?

It depends on where you’d like to eat.

Some places you may be able to visit fairly easily, especially Quick Service. There are lots of great quick service options at the resort.

For table service you may need to stalk the app (or use a dining reservation alert service) and/or be willing to make an effort to join wait lists as soon as possible in the park and/or eat at off times.

Where are you trying to go?

A lot of cancellations happen the day or two before as people shift their plans and want to avoid the no show fee. Definitely check then, and/or look into setting dining alerts

That will be the big thing - where is it that you'd like to eat?

For sit down meals, I got everything I wanted including a character meal and Carthay Circle the night before when people dropped reservations. A friend got into Carnation Cafe through the walkup list.

You can set some dinner reservation notices on a service to see if any pop up for the day/time you want. I've used mouse dining as a limited amount is free (via email notification).

Also check for even numbers - 4 or 6. Sometimes they will show availability for 6 but not 5. You can also try grabbing 4 and doing the add 1 at checkin. I had to do this with several reservations even getting them the day they released for my party of 7.

If the table service doesn't work out, there are some great quick service options though, so you won't go hungry!

We are also a family of 5, I don’t know why it has to be so hard?? Last year when we had issues getting a Disney dining reservation for lunch we ended up leaving the park and having lunch at Ballast Point in Downtown Disney. It ended up being great! It’s so easy to leave the park and come back in, and we also enjoyed a lunch that was a little more relaxing outside the park. I’m planning to do this again when we go in October. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter