How fast it all changed.

I'm blown away! Thank you all for the warm welcome back.

My dad and I have a somewhat sarcastic relationship so the teasing is well received. Not a lie though. She was Catholic, he is atheist but not behaving that way at all. He flips between consulting with her urn and less afterlife type of conversation. Sometimes he acts a little embarrassed about the chats, or did at first. I just said whatever he needs to feel connected works as far as I'm concerned. He now openly says things like "I'll have to go discuss with your mom."

This is the roughest week of the year - 16th was Mom's b-day, 17th is Dad's and 18th is Buddy's anniversary. We won't go to the cemetery until quarantine is over so it'll feel a little like not honoring him, but the situation can't be helped. The priority is keeping dad safe now.

How are you all managing? I know some of you are nurses or otherwise in the health care sector. Unsettling and scary for you I'm sure. And thank you for all your'e doing. Stay well!

So sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Prayers to you and your family. I think of this thread often and it’s always nice when you check in. 🙏

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter