How exactly did the Dis-Con 2001 start?

DumboOrBust

DIS Veteran
I was wondering exactly how the Dis-Con 2001 started. If I recall correctly, they were planning a convention for 2002 and somebody suggested we have one this year. Is that right? Well, I'm happy that someone did. :) :) :) :)

How many of you are making tentative plans to attend next years? :D :D :D :D

Take Care,
Dumbºoº a/k/a Dayna

jumpinggreens.gif

Thanks, Nancy. It does indeed sound like you are the guilty party. I'm really glad though. :) :) :)

I can't wait to meet everyone.

Take Care,
Dumbºoº a/k/a Dayna

jumpinggreens.gif

I think Mac-Key had a hand it this too. ;)

I am just so grateful that someone(s) 'took the bull by the horns' to make this thing come true. :)

Thanks to each and all of you. :)

<font color=green size=3>Boise DIS Meet,
March 17th 2:00pm
Red Robin, on Parkcenter Blvd.</font>

<font color=red size=4>HAVE A DISNEY DAY</font>

<font color=navy size=3>M-I-C...see you at The DIS Convention, K-E-Y...why? Because we LOVE Disney, M-O-U-S-Eeee...</font>

Let's just say that back in early September 2000, we were sort of talking about an all woman meet in WDW. At that time, I decided to write to Pete about seeing if we could put together a Dis Convention in our favorite place WDW, this is my pre chat host or moderator days. He got back to me and asked me to put it out on the boards to see what interest there was in having this convention..So if you remember, I put something on the CB about how many would be interested in attending a Dis Convention in 2002 at WDW. I saw that a lot of you were interested and already planning trips for 2001. I asked Pete and Linda, if we thought we could put one together for 2001 and still work on 2002.

The rest is history.

<font color=purple>Mac-key Mouse</font>
dancecindy.gif

Coordinator of the First Annual Official Dis Convention
Co-Moderator Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies
Co-Moderator Trip Reports
Co-Host Wednesday Night Chat

elvis.gif

Thanks for the replies, ladies. I am so happy we are getting to go to one this year. My philosophy is life is too short to wait on doing something you really want to do. Assuming you can afford it, of course.

My wonderful mom died 4 years ago today at 52. She was always saying, "I'll travel and have fun when I retire." Well, she didn't make it to retirement. :( :( :(

So, I'm available for any and all Dis fun. :)

Take Care,
Dumbºoº a/k/a Dayna

jumpinggreens.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter