How early do buses run to Typhoon Lagoon?

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
I asked this question on the transportation board but no one was able to answer.

I know I have to take a bus from the resort to DS and then transfer to get to Typhoon. I want to get to the park as early as possible but the last time I went to WDW (December before TL was open) the bus to DS didn’t start get to POP until 10:15. Have the buses started running earlier now that TL is open?

I asked this question on the transportation board but no one was able to answer.

I know I have to take a bus from the resort to DS and then transfer to get to Typhoon. I want to get to the park as early as possible but the last time I went to WDW (December before TL was open) the bus to DS didn’t start get to POP until 10:15. Have the buses started running earlier now that TL is open?

I’m sorry I can’t be any more specific here as to your question, but we arrived at TL with the chickens (around 9am) twice this past week and as we were waiting out front I noticed the bus from DS pulling through at least a couple of times prior to 9:30 (we were let in the park shortly after that). Unfortunately I can’t speak to specifics as far as the bus experience from the resorts to DS at that hour.

FWIW we took Minnie Vans both mornings with great success. I’m weird and pretty picky with arrival time for water park rope drop so have always personally opted for ride share vs the uncertainty of bus timing.

Good luck!

I’m sorry I can’t be any more specific here as to your question, but we arrived at TL with the chickens (around 9am) twice this past week
This made me laugh! Back in 2011 the girls took a surfing class at TL and if I remember correctly, we got there around 5:30ish? It was still dark, I know that. Anyway, even the chickens were still asleep then! I know this is about bus times, and I had to drive there but it just brought back memories.

I don't like the transfer idea at DS, but I plan to leave my resort to hopefully be at TL at opening.

I’m sorry I can’t be any more specific here as to your question, but we arrived at TL with the chickens (around 9am) twice this past week and as we were waiting out front I noticed the bus from DS pulling through at least a couple of times prior to 9:30 (we were let in the park shortly after that). Unfortunately I can’t speak to specifics as far as the bus experience from the resorts to DS at that hour.

FWIW we took Minnie Vans both mornings with great success. I’m weird and pretty picky with arrival time for water park rope drop so have always personally opted for ride share vs the uncertainty of bus timing.

Good luck!
TL starts letting guests in around 9:30am? Is it a mad dash at Rope Drop like the other parks?

I don't like the transfer idea at DS, but I plan to leave my resort to hopefully be at TL at opening.
Just an FYI, the new route has the bus going to TL if it is before the springs opening times. After The Springs opens the route goes back to its normal run.

Wait, so if I plan to get the crew moving, our resort (OKW) will actually have direct busses?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter