• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does tipping currently work? Current rates?

trainfun

Mouseketeer
It has been quite a few years since our last Disney cruise. I'm curious how the tipping currently works and what the current expected rates are. I recall getting small envelopes from guest services for our cabin person, waiters, etc.

The envelopes do come the last night But now they leave a sheet with them that you pull apart for each person with there amount on it. You can add money to this if you like. You put the paper in the envelope.

Tips are put on your account automatically now. I think too many people weren’t tipping .

Server is $4.75
Assistant server is $3.75
Head server is $1.25
State room host is $4.75

All times the number of nights of your cruise for 1 person. So than times again per persons in you room. We were 2 so the first one was $66.50 for the server for 7 nights.

If you want to change the amount of gratuity charged to your account for all or some of the tipped positions, you can go to Guest Services, make the change to your account, and get new print-outs to include in the envelopes. You can also simply add cash to the envelopes, as NAB mentioned.

Note that people in these tipped positions will get their gratuities electronically even if you don't give them the envelopes.

Reactions: NAB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter